Re: Fwd: Tubing Special Glass Type Selector Contact Request for SCHOTT 8095

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 22, 2008
      --- On Tue, 10/21/08, Doc Green <hidepainter@...> wrote:

      > From: Doc Green <hidepainter@...>
      > Subject: Fwd: Tubing Special Glass Type Selector Contact Request for SCHOTT 8095
      > To: harvich@...
      > Date: Tuesday, October 21, 2008, 8:57 PM

      Flat would be preferrable, but this is not critical.
      > How many pieces are you looknig for? How fast do you need
      > them? The part
      > would be made in Germany and could be sent airfreight (2
      > weeks) or ocean
      > freight (5 weeks).
      > Do you have more information on your company or are you an
      > individual ?
      Doc will be doing the constructions here on this endeavor, but I am involved in the design(s). The first design will use the mentioned spec.s. I think we should start with one or two of these shipped by air so that we obtain them in several weeks. Please fwd price quotes for both one and two of these items. The intended use of these tubes are for the construction of water capacitors whereby a central rod or cylinder is inserted and aluminum tape is applied to the exterior of the glass tube. As such a glass with a higher dielectric constant, if that is possible would be preferable, and we are not limited to glass as the choice of a dielectric material. On this project we MUST achieve a value near 50 nf,(nanofarad) which is quite a large value. In comparison an ordinary thin walled poly water pitcher with the exterior given a metallic surface and the interior given a 2 in. diameter metallic tube with intervening water yeilds a capacity of only ~1 nf, so to
      achieve this 50 nf using that geometry would require 50 of those vessels! We do not expect to achieve this 50 nf using the tubes we are ordering now, but later we plan on making a model with a larger diameter which would involve the order of quite a few tubes. The tubes we are ordering now will determine the practicality of the effect we are exploring which I have named the magnetic flux-capacitor effect. This is simply as the name implies the immersion of an axial capacity into the volume of space contained in the interior of an air core magnetic field. In this situation both the magnetic and electric fields are perpendicular and the resultant vector reaction to those fields would be the movement of charge at right angles to the electric and magnetic causitive fields. We hope to demonstrate an increased efficiency of water electrolysis along this third dimension which will additionally involve the insertion of metal rods between the plates of the
      axial water capacity. To illustrate the promises involved with this inventive concept here supported by background research we initially recognize that the proposition only becomes practical at the higher frequencies available by a car sized AC alternator; where we are using ~450 hz. In actuality to explain to the layman the difference between "apparent power" and "true power" it is useful to consider that every magnetic and electric field is only a form of borrowed and returned energy. As such the measurement of the apparent power inputed to a load with reactance should always be greater then the true power that has been transferred, and the output can be measured as the amount of energy times the frequency of transfer. In all these cases this output energy measurement found as joules/sec is LESS then the apparent power input which is the simply the input voltage times amperage.
      However with the discovery of what I have named the motional ferromagnetic resonance effect, it DOES becomes possible to demonstrate an output greater then the apparent input. The peculiarities of the phenomenon are so remarkable, that I am hesitant to mention them before creating a LLC to begin building prototypes for public demonstration to investors. The first of these demos will be to show a 64/1 voltage rise available through a pole pig transformer connected to alternator, where the secondary output becomes this "magical" capacity that produces this ferro-resonant effect between the capacity of the load and the inductance of the stator windings at the selected frequency. If I had this magical 50 nf of water capacity I could begin this demonstration by pouring water into the water capacitor until the point where the water begins to ring audibly as a tuning fork would whereby the note produced is near a high A, corresponding to the electrical
      frequency of the alternator. It is then that I note that the pole pig transformer now acts at 100/1 voltage rise, but this is not the first thing that confounds the erstwhile electrical engineer called forward to verify the phenomenon. Next it is demonstrated what happens when the process is shorted. The short draws only slightly more then half of the current that this particular load draws! And not only that current is still delivered to the load while shorted, perhaps 1/4 the amount found on the short itself. And finally to completely baffle the hypothetical examiner a scoping is made of the 3 phase AC alternator source. The TIMING of the alternator phases themselves set as a division of three apparently is not written in stone, as now the phase angles have changed from 120 to near 180, with one adjacent phase acquiring over a 50% raise of open circuit voltage, and the other adjacent phase has suffered a dramatic loss of voltage, displaying a very
      non-sinusoidal waveform. In any case this what would be possible if a 50 nf water capacity were available. Sorry about all the non-relevant info here, but I wrote it out anyways to use as a future reference.
      Sincerely Harvey D Norris