Air Core Auto-Transformer Mystery Fathomed.

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 20, 2008
      My posts to Teslafy have come to nill lately, because great
      mysteries were opened to such a degree that it took me a great while
      to digest the information, and come up with a solution; and as such I
      was reticent to even comment on the unusual circumstances, given the
      fact that the input vs output seemed so illogical. A Great many things
      can be explained later after the mystery is grasped, but until then it
      remains a mystery. In the meantime one does not appear so foolish to
      venture an opinion or hypothesis to explain the mystery. This
      particular mystery sent me on a virtual wild goose chase , which I
      could explain, but this took quite a period of time. As such I think
      others should have to decipher the mystery the same way I had to, and
      to give away the answer so easy would be a travesty to the process of
      discovery itself, and they should take the time to consider it
      themselves before finding the answer, as I HAVE.
      What I have is is a 12 lb air core coil of 23 gauge wire; 1000
      ohms impedance at 60 hz; some 2.4 Henry. I also have a bathroom
      nightlight; whereby both of these things can be inputed at wall
      voltage. But in this case by using a tuned air core resonance another
      12 lb coil can be placed above the other and it can extract 240 volts
      to the nightlight displaying four times more power to the bulb through
      the medium of the air, then if the same bulb was directly connected to
      the wires empowering the same agent as the primary. So here we have a
      120 volt signal lighting a bulb compared to a 240 signal lighting a
      bulb through air as the medium of transfer. Now we wonder what the
      phase angle between the air core secondaries voltage is and its
      primary. We measure the relative voltage on one side between primary
      and secondary coils and figure if it is in phase, it should read the
      difference in voltage which would be 240-120= 120 volts, but yet it
      is zero, the other side is zero also. And there are four different
      combinations between these air core primary and secondary coil
      connections all reading zero, so how can this be? So now you start
      employing a dual channel oscilloscope to decipher this riddle, and
      this begins the error of ones ways. Using both scope and voltage
      meters, now three out of four zero reference voltage readings vanish.

      This is a dual channel scope idiosyncrasy that was explained to me,
      but for now the mystery can remain, but with a single sentence someone
      knowledgable about scopes could explain it, so any volunteer can
      explain it to the rest of the crowd, and if they dont I will do so
      later...