Re: Recovery of reactive power what we can all do

  • MagicBill
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 23, 2008
      Phil,

      Ridiculous! In my Tesla coiling heydays when I was firing up my 4-inch
      diameter secondary coil, it LOVED reactive power! In fact, it left the
      resistive power at the meter and actually SLOWED DOWN THE METER! When
      I fired the coil, the power meter would spin fast and then go to a
      dead crawl. But the coil was just sparking away and filling my
      basement full of ozone! (I was filling up the hole for AlGore! ;-) )
      And I think it was playing games with the power factor too but not
      only did I get cool 4 foot long sparks and a basement full of ozone
      but a lower power bill...

      MagicBill

      --- In teslafy@yahoogroups.com, "Phil Karn" <karn@...> wrote:

      > --- In teslafy@yahoogroups.com, "ashtweth_nihilistic" <ashtweth@>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > Look up Eric dollars 4 quadrant theories, Peter lindermann has just
      > > pointed out that Erics paper is a proprietary method to extract
      95%! <SNIP>