Re: Recovery of reactive power what we can all do

  • Phil Karn
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 23, 2008
      --- In teslafy@yahoogroups.com, "ashtweth_nihilistic" <ashtweth@...>
      wrote:

      > Look up Eric dollars 4 quadrant theories, Peter lindermann has just
      > pointed out that Erics paper is a proprietary method to extract 95%! o
      > the reactive power that means we could have an off the shelf over
      > unity devices g9iven the reactive power circuits on the net including
      > the roto verter and the solid state version being the Trasverter.

      Say what?

      Another name for "reactive power" is "imaginary power". There's a
      reason that term was picked.

      Real power is what flows from generator to load to do useful work.
      Reactive power is energy that sloshes back and forth between generator
      and load on every AC cycle. The round trip heats wires and
      transformers but doesn't do anything useful.

      It's like mail ordering a lot of stuff only to return part of it and
      then order it all over again. Great for UPS or FedEx, not great for
      you or the merchant (depending on who has to eat the shipping).

      I can no more achieve overunity in an AC system by "extracting"
      reactive power than I can create merchandise out of the blue by
      ordering it and returning it and hoping Mother Nature will get
      confused and lose track.
    • MagicBill
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 23, 2008
        Phil,

        Ridiculous! In my Tesla coiling heydays when I was firing up my 4-inch
        diameter secondary coil, it LOVED reactive power! In fact, it left the
        resistive power at the meter and actually SLOWED DOWN THE METER! When
        I fired the coil, the power meter would spin fast and then go to a
        dead crawl. But the coil was just sparking away and filling my
        basement full of ozone! (I was filling up the hole for AlGore! ;-) )
        And I think it was playing games with the power factor too but not
        only did I get cool 4 foot long sparks and a basement full of ozone
        but a lower power bill...

        MagicBill

        --- In teslafy@yahoogroups.com, "Phil Karn" <karn@...> wrote:

        > --- In teslafy@yahoogroups.com, "ashtweth_nihilistic" <ashtweth@>
        > wrote:
        > >
        > > Look up Eric dollars 4 quadrant theories, Peter lindermann has just
        > > pointed out that Erics paper is a proprietary method to extract
        95%! <SNIP>