White Neon Discharge

  • Doc
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 15, 2008
      Thought I'd drop a recent pic of todays work, which has turned out to
      be semi- satisfactory. As I had mentioned 23 gauge wire was purchased
      and two spools ~ 12-13 lbs were rewound with drill press manipulations
      as the revolver of wire spools; but this is most impractical, and a
      variable speed drive is in the works, sent out today for programing by
      some excellent comrades in the high induction heating field.

      I have procrastinated lately for works needing completion, and a most
      amusing chain of events seems to have opened up concerning the path of
      enquirees. I was very much reminded of works in the past concerning
      research of resonant frequencies in the 400 hz range obtainable by
      alternator means, and the somewhat illogical actions that occur when
      two (differently phased) resonances are interacted by mutual
      induction, which of course I fully intend to re-investigate at those
      higher frequencies available by alternator, and have made the proper
      investments to continue in those lines of endeavor. But again apt
      comparisons can be made from the present observations, and those of
      the past. In fact from the beginning of things the (source frequency)
      60 hz resonance studies were started using huge 80 lb coils of ~ 60
      Henry each, containing 9 miles of 23 gauge wire of some 20,000 turns
      and having 20,000 ohms impedance at 60 hz. Some very strange
      considerations or paradoxes evolved over time about circumstances of
      the theory of operation. Let us say a certain Pandora's box may
      exist, or it may not; which if that is the case things must have been
      misunderstood, and it is the observer who has misinterpreted things,
      and not nature itself. But I doubt if nature can fool me so much, so
      tomorrow I have devised a test to see which opinion may favor itself.
      Do not mind me speaking in so strange a way, for I have seen some
      strange things that demand explanation, so strange in fact that I am
      hesitant to describe them pending further enquirees. But for now let
      me say that if this observer is correct, it is simply a further proof
      of time distortion present between resonant voltage rises, as the
      process again defies logical explanation. But first then things
      should be described from the outside and the past.

      The larger 80 lb, 60 H, 1000 ohm coils had a book value Q of 20
      where having 1000 ohms resistance had 20,000 ohms inductive reactance,
      almost identical to the actual impedance where in these cases can be
      estimated as identical. However when resonated they only exhibited a Q
      of 15, which we might say here the "real acting Q" factor is different
      from the "ideal theoretical Q factor" obtained by book value
      calculations. The "culprit" of coils exhibiting a difference between
      ideal and real Q factors is thought to be internal capacity of the
      coil itself. Thus there a 25% loss of Q factor occurred at 60 hz. At
      alternator frequencies of 480 hz those coils only performed to 5% of
      the expectation predicted as Q factor at 8 times the former frequency.
      In fact the acting Q factor went from 15 to 8, which is a reduction
      and not an expansion of Q factor. Then by method of producing an
      opposing magnetic field by three phase interphasing, the principle of
      the air core transformer was discovered, somewhat by accident in that
      TWO electrical influences could be placed on the high induction coil;
      one from its actual wire connections and another from that obtained
      through space from mutual induction of another coil: and when the wire
      connections were severed, the same currents assumed themselves;
      provided the former end connections to the former "line coupled"
      electrical delivery were themselves shorted, forming a complete
      electrical loop for current circulation. What the former electrical
      connections delivered as current to the load was now acting backwards,
      and now the load was powering its inputs, and the ratios there
      performance wise were grand, for the simple fact that far more
      electricity went through those coils powered through air then would
      be the case if the coils were actually connected to the original
      source of line voltage. These considerations also come into play when
      considering the actions of a binary resonant system, simply for the
      fact that each side has two sources of emf, that obtained from its
      line connections, and that obtained from mutual induction at
      resonance, which may not be the same quantity as that recorded from
      reactance readings.

      Now in this case here the coil size on each side is reduced from
      80 lbs to 12-13 lb. The wire has 140 ohms but 1000 ohms reactance @ 60
      hz, a theoretical Q value around 7. However the first coil tested in
      isolation only developed some 260 ma with a variac input of 100 volts
      for easy voltage ratio comparisons. This is only a q fator of 2.6 vs
      the predicted factor of 7, which is a miserable performance. Then
      another identical coil was placed over its pole and when shorted with
      amperage meter drew only 40 ma. This caused the Q factor of the
      primary coil to drop slightly to ~ 240 ma. Then the secondary was
      given the same resonating capacity as the primary, 3uf in its
      secondary loop and then its secondary draw increased to 90 ma, and
      again the primary draw was reduced towards 210 ma. So the primaries Q
      factor was reduced according to the secondaries amperage draw. When
      ferromagnetic metal was placed near the air core(s) such as the
      mentioned tuning fork this ratio was further increased where this
      maximum was mentioned as 180 ma IN vs 120 ma OUT. Without the
      complications of ferromagnetic metal in the picture if the primary is
      pulling near 200 ma, and inducing near 100 ma in the secondary, it
      seems obvious that the secondary draw is reducing the Q factor
      involved with the primaries amperage draw. In fact voltage meters
      were placed on both processes, the primary showing a 200 volt resonant
      rise of voltage provided a 100 volt input, (Q factor of 2): and then
      the secondary showing a internal voltage of 115 volts on its meter,
      simply by the voltage induced by mutual inductance of tuned resonant
      circuits.

      Now the observer stands to be corrected, but if I have a 200 volt
      signal, and a 115 volt signal: and each of those signals are being
      registered by their own voltage meters; it stands to reason by this
      observer that if I a place a third voltage meter between those two
      voltage meters, I should record the difference between the voltage of
      each system relative to each other. But one further qualification
      needs to be added to this; THAT OF THE TIMING BETWEEN EACH WAVE OR THE
      PHASE ANGLE! If I have a 120 degree phased alternator outputing 10
      volts that becomes 100 volts internal to the LC series in resonance
      with an acting Q factor of 10, I can take the midpoint voltage of 100
      volts on one phase, connect a voltage measurement to the next phases
      measurement of its internal 100 volts, and if I measure 170 volts
      between them, this verifies that one voltage wave is 120 degrees out
      of phase with the other voltage wave. If the midpoint voltage
      difference was twice the outer voltages this supposes the waves are
      instead 180 out of phase or completely opposite to one another. So in
      this case by simple logic if I measure the difference of voltage
      between these two 200 and 115 volt waves, if the waves are in phase
      the minimal voltage between them would be 200- 115 = 85 volts, or in
      the other extreme they would out of phase completely yeilding 200 +
      115 = 315 volts. Yet what do I measure between these voltage
      reference points... , only a meager 5 volts! And the when the
      measured voltage points are reversed on one side the same answer is
      given 5 volts??? The timing reference points between the two systems
      cannot be logically measured or answered, this is simply another
      example of the time distortion that can occur between resonant rises
      of voltage; here more profoundly illustrated when the sources of each
      voltage are of differing natures; that of a direct line coupled source
      or that of mutual induction.
      So now we go one step further. Instead of allowing the secondary
      partner to assume its currents solely from mutual inductance made by
      tuned air core resonances, we also give it its own line coupled
      electrical delivery, or an actual wire connection to its electrical
      delivery. But this delivery is given as a binary resonant system, or
      simply each side is inversely connected as concerns its own series LC
      resonance. Now by analogy we no each side induces current on its
      partner, but also each side has a wire connection for its electrical
      delivery, and we ASSUME these aid each other. (This has to do with the
      upcoming test to determine if a paradox actually exists.)
      Now the results are completely different! Each voltage system can
      be referenced to itself to show to be almost opposite. And something
      completely different happens, instead of the Q factor being degraded
      it is increased on each side, but the currents on each side do not
      wish to be balanced. I can dig up comparisons to what has been found
      before at alternator frequencies, but the same thing seems evident.
      When each side of the series resonances are placed inversely to the
      inputs the former primary sides Q factor increases to ~3.1 and its
      partner yeilds 4.6 yeilding a collective Q between them near 7.6. Now
      in this jpeg a smaller ~ 4 inch neon is placed between those inputs
      and the input voltage from variac is maxed at 130 volts. Because
      these bulbs need current limiting a 3/8 inch block of ferrite is
      placed as a barrier to the conduction. A most unusual white neon
      discharge developed as shown on the last post, and because I am using
      Docs computer here I cant understand how to get back to file a new
      window and show the URL just provided but the 200 some meter readings
      on each side are the voltage rises on each side of the system, and the
      440 some voltage between them goes across the neon/ ferrite series.
      Given an empty loaded q of 7.6, after the load is added the Q factor
      appears as ~440/130 volt input = about over 3. I guess I got to be
      done for a while. Still awaiting the return of my own computer after
      returning to Hewlant Packard. Will be more specific in the future.
      Sincere or Not....
      Harvey D Norris