Aluminum Square Primary Constructions/ New ASP file

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 13, 2008
      Five winds of the proposed "lorentz force high frequency transformer"
      are constructed and shown at
      http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/teslafy/files/ASP/DSCN3241.JPG
      Five winds with four interwoven Megacable winds

      Here we get to show off some of Doc's fine craftsman skill, as if this
      project were undertaken by myself it would be much more haphazard and
      sloppy. From the beginning of my efforts to build this contraption
      the connections between square segments of the winds has been
      problematic, where I had decided that sanding down a wooden dowel rod
      to fit inside the ID of the square aluminum tubing would be sufficient
      to enable four strands of grounding wire to be inserted on the inner
      corners of the square tubing, and this could serve as corner
      connections. I had also initially seen that 3/8 inch OD copper tubing
      would be a tight fit, but decided it was too stiff to work with, but
      Doc decided this was a better method, and he also used aluminum rivets
      when needed. Sometimes it takes some real elbow grease to get these
      joints to the proper bend and clearance for the corners. The central
      wind here is hidden by the outer four winds, but the clearance
      problems of the spiraling megacable winds surrounding the central wind
      are evident in the pictured corner and the bottom outer wind cannot be
      seen, but the megacable that circles the central wind as a clockwise
      turn on each succeeding segment can be seen at the pictured corner. At
      first I had suggested vices for construction to hold together the
      segments as constructed to sandwich the interwoven MegaCable Speaker
      wire, but Doc said I already have enough vices, including going to the
      bar for breakfast, but I am presently heading back there to get my
      bicycle home again after a couple, so things here can be added later.
      Doc once again came to the rescue and tried a hot glue gun to adhere
      the insulated megacable to the aluminum, which seems to work well at
      a good temperature, but not at lower ones, where yesterday continued
      work was abandoned with the spot of cold weather we are having in
      Ohio. Doc decided it was better to work on one central aluminum ring
      at a time, and solder Megacable layers together instead of having a
      continuous length of megacable. There are still some problems on going
      up to the next diagonal central layer, where the 3/8 inch tubing is
      harder to bend when going from inner diagonal to outer diagonal. The
      outer winds are going back and forth on these diagonal layerings also
      which will mean for problems there also, and not all the corner
      connection are completed in the jpeg, which also shows the tuning fork
      used in resonance experiments. This was inserted in the 12 lb coils
      air core volume we wound of 23 gauge wire to improve the performance
      of the air core transformer, where the second coil was stacked on the
      first and mutual inductance measurements started. The Q of the coils
      are miserable only about 2.5, but the (60 hz tuned)secondary was able
      to light a bathroom nightlight at half the household voltage and the
      insertion of ferromagnetic metal in the air core resonance would
      increase the illumination of the light. More on those calculations
      later, where the readings seem opposite to what one would expect.
      Instead of the primary drawing more amperage as the secondary load is
      added the reverse takes place. The variance between the change in
      inductive reactance as secondary load is added is not as wide as the
      variance exibited by the ratio of primary and secondary currents in
      resonance. In other words the mutual inductance as registered by the
      inductive reactance measurements is NOT the same as would be predicted
      once the actual resonant capacities are added, which of course are
      "predetermined" by the actual change in inductive reactance brought
      upon by the addition of the mutual coupling between coil systems. I
      will use F E Termans definitions in the volume "Radio Engineering" to
      see if some discrepancy exists here, which would seem to be the case.
      This was noted long ago that two long columns of 14 gauge coils at
      alternator frequencies (400 hz) would have practically no mutual
      inductance when measured reactively, since the ending poles of each
      column were only side by side and not face to face for maximum mutual
      induction: but when the columns were resonated, if I recall correctly,
      one quarter or more of the current of the excited column would be
      produced in the loop of the unexcited adjacent column. In comparison
      here for the better circumstance when the ferromagnetic tuning fork is
      inserted into both the primary and secondary core volumes a given a
      100 volt input enabling 180 ma primary draw, the tuned secondary
      enables a 120 ma circulation, showing a high secondary mutual
      inductance. (both the primary and secondary coils are near 2.5 Henry
      and given ~ 3 uf capacity for resonance) Without the tuning fork in
      place the differences are a 240 ma primary draw vs a secondary draw of
      90 ma. Thus the primary draw goes down as the secondary draw goes up
      upon insertion of the tuning fork into the core volumes. Heres a
      little pic of our joint projects on the work table.
      Dual 12 lb 23 gauge coils/ 60 hz Resonance Experiments
      http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/teslafy/files/ASP/DSCN3242.JPG

      I might be having some URL problems here so I will post and see if the
      URLs go thru.