Mistake in Tesla Patent #787,412

  • Steve Wingate
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 4, 2002
      There is a mistake in Tesla Patent #787,412. He states the1/4 wavelength
      should be equal to the diameter of the earth, with frequency odd multiples
      thereof including unity, but then gives the velocity which is off by the true factor
      of lightspeed by 1.571. Now the formula for circumference = 2*Pi*radius, or
      Pi * diam, and the half circumference is Pi / 2 * diameter. And Pi / 2 = 1.571!

      I guess that makes it even more clear that he was talking about longitudinal
      surface waves moving along the ground of earth, but not going into the Earth
      as first described. I think he probably eventually realized this error. It is
      interesting to note that the fundamental frequency of his invention is changed
      from 5.88 Hz to 3.74 Hz. And interesting still more is that the second
      harmonic is now 7.49 Hz. Now when we consider that the speed of light is
      slower in a medium like our atmosphere and the Earth, then the wavelength
      becomes shorter and thus the frequency gets larger and we are about where
      the possibility of tapping into the resonant energy of the Earth.

      I had better get busy building one of those devices. Maybe someone out
      there will intercept the call. Maybe humans, maybe aliens, ... :)

      Steve
      ------------------------
      "In little more than a year we have gone from enjoying peace and the most prosperous economy in our
      history, to a nation plunged into war, recession and fear. This is a nation being transformed before
      our very eyes."

      http://www.truthout.com

      Steve Wingate, Webmaster
      ANOMALOUS IMAGES AND UFO FILES
      http://www.anomalous-images.com
    • Steve Wingate
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 4, 2002
        For all I know Tesla could have been completely correct in patent #787,412
        and the longitudinal wave propagates both within the earth and along the
        surface, and it does propagate along the surface effectively faster than the
        speed of light. I think that might be possible since it is creating a standing
        wave. It seems strange though.

        Steve