Re: Knights Templar Maze?

  • fleubis
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 8, 2008
      Harvey,

      Lots of music both old and new has been written using this type of
      "magic square" musical numerology. Around the year 925 the musical
      world had settled into a Staff of 4 lines and this was used for about
      another 400 years before the the 5th line was introduced.

      This type of musical thinking culminated eventually evolved into the
      12 tone system of Schoenberg, Berg, Weber, and the recently deceased
      Karlheinz Stockhausen. Numerology sequences were sometimes used by the
      eclectic John Cage, (not to mention star charts).

      J.S. Bach was famous for sneaking in his last name (h is b natural,
      and b is b-flat in German) into his fugal compositions.

      So could the Knights Templar have hidden messages in the music?
      Surely! Just gotta pick the right tunes, I guess!

      James
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 10, 2008
        --- In teslafy@yahoogroups.com, "Harvey D Norris" <harvich@...> wrote:

        > Back to the subject at hand here which is the 64 move chess knight
        > code...
        >
        > I began to wonder if the Knights Templar knew of this code to
        > initiate its members or some such far fetched thing because of the
        > numbers used to solve the code. In the Scottish? rite of
        > Freemasonry, there are 33 degrees in the order: It is on the no.
        33
        > that the code for the entire square sequence begins to be used;
        Remember seven of nine ? The code is based on those two numbers.

        > 01-??-31-??-??-16-??-18
        > 30-??-??-03-??-19-14-??
        > ??-02-??-32-15-??-17-??
        > ??-29-04-??-20-??-??-13
        > 05-??-25-??-09-??-21-??
        > 28-??-08-??-24-??-12-??
        > ??-06-??-26-??-10-??-22
        > ??-27-??-07-??-23-??-11
        >
        > A code of movement exists whereby moving a chess knight 63 times,
        all
        > 64 squares may be visited without becoming trapped in the maze.
        This
        > code when known shows the future location of every move by the
        > location of the first 32 moves.
        >
        > Clue 1: 32 is the number of the difference of the squares that
        > establishes the code on one dimension; but having more then one
        > answer; only one answer is obvious.
        The difference of the squares are squares of numbers, of which the
        difference is 32. The square of nine is 81, and the square of seven
        is 49, and the difference between them is 32, which solves the puzzle
        on a lateral basis. However two other pairs of numbers satisfy the
        condition that their subtracted squares also equal 32. Those are six
        and two or 36 -4 =32; quite irrevalent here as such a pairing scheme
        would never work to solve the puzzle, thus it is obvious.
        > Clue 2: 33 shows the method of the code on a different dimension.
        The method of the code works both on a horizontal and vertical basis
        as dual additions of sums from the outside edge inwards. On the
        bottom half of the chart the the vertical sums add to 33. That is
        part of the vertical code, but the horizontal is easier to follow as
        a continuous rule. Every move after 32 will be matched to an outwards
        formed sum adding to seven squared or 49. Those movements will be
        exhausted when the pairings of numbers can no longer add to 49, but
        must instead add to 81. The pairings in each case go up on one side
        and down on the other, thus the pattern of future moves based on the
        correct past moves as a following movement should be easily seen.

        > About 25 wrong moves can be made from this halfway point, and I
        dont
        > imagine any of would not work to solve the puzzle; thus it is those
        will lead to the end of the maze, except one of
        > them will, but then all the rows and columns would not add to the
        > same number.
        With correct pairings they do. WHAT A GREAT THING IT WOULD BE IF
        PEOPLE WERE LIKE THAT AND WE ONLY NEEDED TO BE PAIRED WITH OUR ANGEL
        OR SOUL MATE?