Re:Tesla Impulse Transformer...

  • K. Jay Rogozinsky
    Message 1 of 7 , May 31 4:28 PM
      > I have been building Tesla Coils for over
      > 20 years, only to discover recently that the
      > typical "Tesla Coil" as the public knows it
      > was NOT the true "Tesla Impulse Transformer"
      > as used by Tesla in his wireless power experiments.

      Hmmm.  Not sure what you mean here.  The Tesla
      Coil and the Tesla Impulse Transformer *are* two
      distinctly different devices.

      > If anyone has information, I would appreciate
      > the input.

      A little information on the Impulse Transformer
      appears in the book titled "The Wall of Light",
      "Nikola Tesla & The Venusian Space Ship The X-12".

      > Otherwise, I'll keep you all informed as I
      > proceed to re-invent this particular wheel.

      Please do.

      Regards,
      KiJa

    • K H
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 2, 2007
        thanks.. I know I had heard of it but thought that the design was lost when all of his files were confiscated.. funny how they make a man look like he is nuts then take the records and pretty much null all of it out.. Oh well will be watching for your finds

        > I have been building Tesla Coils for over
        > 20 years, only to discover recently that the
        > typical "Tesla Coil" as the public knows it
        > was NOT the true "Tesla Impulse Transformer"
        > as used by Tesla in his wireless power experiments.

        Hmmm.  Not sure what you mean here.  The Tesla
        Coil and the Tesla Impulse Transformer *are* two
        distinctly different devices.

        > If anyone has information, I would appreciate
        > the input.

        A little information on the Impulse Transformer
        appears in the book titled "The Wall of Light",
        "Nikola Tesla & The Venusian Space Ship The X-12".

        > Otherwise, I'll keep you all informed as I
        > proceed to re-invent this particular wheel.

        Please do.

        Regards,
        KiJa

        Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.
      • Steve
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 2, 2007
          You said a mouthful; or they plant evidence to stop any progress.
          I will just put my two cents worth in about the coil.  I don't have the money at this time to re-build; however, I do remember how I built the transformer for the Gray system.  It will take a lot of testing, removing winds and maybe rebuilding the complete transformer; however, The magnifier, as it is called, was in addition to his Tesla air release transformer (and tower ball).  If you look carefully at some pictures that are scattered around here and there, you will see the little unit on legs on the floor beside the large air release unit.  I built my transformer as a "pancake" bifilar unit.  His units seem to be two cylinders; however, I don't think it makes any difference.  For my money, I would look carefully at those photographs as a guide.  How you calculate the units, I did not discover.  I used trial and error until I got what I needed for voltage campared to resonance.  Tesla said something about Q and quarter wavelength (like radio).  If you don't build it correctly, not at a quarter wavelength, the voltage will build up at the wrong place in the transformer and arc-over or get too hot and could melt.
          If using the sparkgap method, make sure to utilize a magnetic quenching circuit with it to get to a higher frequency.  I used carbon plug wire wrapped around the Gray tube to get the 50 microSeconds "quenchtime" down below 20.  I am sure there are other methods; I just have not found any except a rotary which costs over $2,000.  One of Tesla's patents references permanent magnets on the outside of a square tube with aluminum grids on the inside of the same tube alternatively.  In other words, the aluminum plates were on two opposing sides (on the inside of the square tube) and the magnets were 90 degrees from those (on the outside).  The magnets must be a plate-like unit; you understand that if you slice a magnetized magnet, you will get magnets with S-N from both of those pieces.
          I could not get the motor working until I noticed in a phtograph that there was plug wire wrapped on Gray's tube.  The tube was wrapped ccw from the bottom up toward the carbon resistor (or North up toward the carbon resistor away from the high voltage toward the 12 V low voltage side).  I don't see how that translates to the Tesla patent; you will just have to experiment.  Tesla has a bifilar coil patent as well; read it carefully and translate it to a transformer (magnifier).  You will see what I mean after you re-read it several times.  If it produces 250,000 times the energy as Tesla stated, it would really magnify the input.  I never got over 900 times the input; I am too stupid, I suppose.  Remember, the capacitors need to be "solid" not just some cheap units you pick up at the dollar store.  Tesla built his own with the best mica he could find as the dielectric and immersed them in oil (or some rare gas).  Pulsing capacitors are close in specs; I bought a few from Russia in the late 1990s.  Using a hv transformer (neon sign or a high end unit), did not work.  I had to build the bifilar to get the result.  I have heard some say the Jacob's Ladder produces similar results; I have not tried that, just throwing that in in case anyone has heard of using Jacob's Ladder.
          You will need #14 primary and #27-#31 secondary to handle pulsed 15 A on the primary and whatever voltage/current needed/results on the secondary.  The 90 degree output can be handled with a relatively small wire; it seems to be a cold power and frost forms at times.  It is not power like we are used to, to say the least.
          I am working on a watercar electrolyzer based on similar principles in miniture as money is scarce on disability.  The Meyer water fracturing design seems to be the best method as he uses the blocking diode and pulsing.  Meyer also pointed out that LEDs, pulsing at a given rate, into the water toward the anode would further excite the fluid into a gaseous stage.  The output could be controlled by approaching resonance or deviating from resonance.  So many things to try, so little money to experiment, LOL.
          I am building a small pancake bifilar at this time.  Leave the unit "open" while you test as you may need to change some things.  If you epoxy the whole unit, you will have to discard the miles of wire if it does not work properly.  Lightly glue the secondary and use grooved wood for the primary.  You can work with the primary coil, placing terminals carefully out of the unit for each 1/4 turn so you can apply voltage to a larger or smaller number of turns, but that is quite messy.  You can not do that on the secondary side because of arcing.  Please, be careful: High Voltage kills!!!  My father was killed in a 7.2 kV electrical accident.  He had no feet when buried.
          Magnetism is the key to the universe, I think.  It seems that magnetism turns into light, electricity, or force when converted properly.  Crooke and others seem to believe that this dark energy (ether, magnetism) caused electricity (not the other way around as taught today).  Crooke demonstrated experiments to show the properties of this dark energy.  Energy could be collected from a plate within this flow.
          Using a deep cycle cell as dipole, how is it possible to keep it charged while producing so much power?  I hope to find out before I die!  Magnetism seems to twist from 90 degrees before electrons flow in a wire.  Crooke stated that the plate would collect more energy if it were installed exactly 90 degrees to the flow of dark energy.  The wire/plate seems to act as a guide somehow.  I don't even know how to explain this yet; can someone help with this concept?  Working with magnetized iron wires hanging near a copper wire, watch their motion as you touch the #8 bare copper wire to the battery (negative) terminal.  Use a common Alinco horseshoe to magnetize the small iron wires.  Watch the alignment as the power seems to be drawn out of the air in a seemingly AC fashion.  Study it closer to see what I think is a spiraling effect.  Why would I get an ac motion from these magnetized pieces of wire that goes from one end to the other, moving back and forth, if the wire is attached to a dipole (even lead acid) battery?  I don't need to tell you that it is dc!   How do I arrive at a formula for such an action?  Has anybody studied this effect?  This AC motion was probably only 2 Hz (if the wires were hung tightly attached); so, how can you get 60 Hz from this effect?  More questions than answers, I know.  I thought many heads, thinking, might be better than one.  Maybe someone has an additional experience to add that would cause a revolution?  Now you all know I am crazy!  LOL...
          These are the things that I am working on.  I am really interested in spacecraft technology as well.  It would be cool to travel at light speed, or greater maybe, before one dies.  You know this technology exists as you have seen it on television (I saw a unit in 1963 on my Grandmother's property in WV on the ground.  It had a technical problem as the two men were working on it.).  But the current state of affairs in this country and in the world will not allow this technology to be developed by the average Joe.  They need our oil revenues too badly so they can develop their New World Order and total human control.  Sorry, my Mother always said don't speak of religion or politics or you may get a good thrashing.  LOL...  This is not the proper forum for either so enough said; but watch and save as much as you can on hard drives for your personal use if Martial Law is enacted due to another "imminent attack" as Bush, and all the ultra-right wing supporters are stating.  We will not have the internet for our use if that occurs.
          Take care,
          Steve

          K H <dustywd55@...> wrote:
          thanks.. I know I had heard of it but thought that the design was lost when all of his files were confiscated. . funny how they make a man look like he is nuts then take the records and pretty much null all of it out.. Oh well will be watching for your finds

        • anchornm
          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 14, 2007
            I found a file that explains it (to a degree).
            and (as I understand it) it is DC that is built unto a breaking point.,
            and the dielectric is the key.
            It may still be in alt.binaries.ebooks.technical keyword - Bearden