Re: Errant Calculations

    Message 1 of 2 , May 1, 2007
      --- In teslafy@yahoogroups.com, "Harvey D Norris" <harvich@...> wrote:

      > Mistakes in posted values noted. A new experiment begins. Middle
      No
      > 5 wind of the square array has itself been wound 72 or so times on
      > each quadrature segment by paper coated steel windings, so those
      > segments can be replaced for testing, but in the current bound
      > arrangement everything must be dissasembled for new testings.
      > HDN
      . I used 32 1 ft by 1/2 inch aluminum
      square tubes for each side of a plate capacitor: with
      a 1/16th inch separation this read .73 nf for 12 by 16
      inch plates. This took 64 aluminum square tubes in
      total. However the same capacity could be obtained by
      only using 4 X 9 = 36 tubes by building a coiled
      capacity (9 winds in a square form)whereby using more
      then just one side of the aluminum square conductors,
      a higher capacity is gained per usage of the square
      conductors. For the magic square winding case at
      center wind disconnect, the dielectric barrier would
      use double the amounts of windings expressing acting
      internal capacity at center break then would a lateral
      winding method. For the 9 magic square, 8 of the 12
      internal capacities can be used for the calculation of
      internal capacity, and both models show the same
      capcity by meter of .73 nf. Now the inductance of
      this coil model is ~ 57 uH @ 9 inch ave Radius; when
      the center wind open capacitive state is given
      conductivity. An arc gap can fluxuate between these L
      and C values thus giving a resonant frequency, in this
      case made by bringing an arc gap through the middle of
      a coil construction designed to have maximum internal
      capacity.
      R(F) = 1/{6.28 sq rt [LC]}
      =1/[6.28 * {2.04 *10^-7)]
      = 780.5 khz
      This figure is based on a mostly air gap between the
      2D cap plates. Insertion of a full dielectric would
      lower the frequency. Larger square arrays would be
      predicted to do this also.
      HDN
      Steel windings are now in place for the center wind no 5
      These now need connected by more steel around the corners
      to form a complete (center) loop.(4 * 72 winds on the loop itself
      at right angles to the loop itself; the windings are wrapped around
      the middle aluminum segment.) LCR reading of 9 inch ave radius
      is ~ 124 uH.( this is at 3 inch separation of inner corners, which
      will be used as the standard for measurement comparisons.) Now we
      shall see how the insertion of steel loops around the center winding
      changes the inductance. Be back later when this is done.