Re: [teslafy] Problems with Spam

  • Smoky
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 26, 2007
      Hi Dave, I replied to you off group with this info.
      All the best Gerry

      From: D. Narby
      Date: 23/01/2007 10:17:34 AM

      Harvey:

      Set your group so you approve all new members, and that they have to
      write a message to apply for membership.

      Dave

      Harvey D Norris wrote:
      > In an attempt to thwart these spamsters I went to delete biker babe
      > sexyjessicapass membership here at teslafy, but her email address does
      > not appear on the membership, so I cant delete what doesnt exist.  This
      > has happened frequently in the past where apparently a post is made and
      > then the membership is removed so that it does not get banned.
      > Apparently the spamsters have a method of signing on to a list, and
      > then removing their membership afterwards, so that the address doesnt
      > get banned, and then in the future they can make yet another off topic
      > posting by the same method.  I dont have the time to make this an
      > approved posting list.
      > Sorry about the spam problem here, I guess it must just be put up with.
      > HDN
      >

      > Yahoo! Groups Links

      Yahoo! Groups Links

      <*> Your email settings:
          Individual Email | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to:
          (Yahoo! ID required)

      <*> To change settings via email:

    • D. Narby
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 29, 2007
        Yes, I wrote you back...   Pretty wide variety of interests you have there, Smoky!