Translations of Records

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 8, 2006
      As may be commented on, data holds facts that bid further comment, or
      better voiced as "commentaries".

      Here we have the intitial fact that a small alternator being rotated
      to produce 480 hz on seven pole face field rotor, before any energy
      input is even sent into the field of the rotating electromagnet, an
      output short amperage of between 2.1 and 3 A can be obtained with
      shorts, depending on whether two or three shorts are chosen as loads.

      Here is where a deduction is assumed whereby the current experienced
      at short, is the maximum available current to be possibly attained.
      (yet exceptions to this rule are found in only resonating a single
      phase of three possible ones.) In the METR delta series resonances,
      the obtainable current from the generator matches the same volume as
      that obtainable by short; so in a sense we can say that this is the
      most ohmic resistance we can add as as output, before that output is
      reduced from its maxiumum operation of short.

      It is by dividing the voltage reading found on short(1/3 volt) times
      the found amperage on short(~ 1.5 A on two phase extraction) whereby
      a Z(int) of the souce of emf is formulated, to be shown as ~ .2 ohms
      for this case. It becomes more tempting to simple classify Z(int) as
      R(int), since the contribution of internal impedance does not seem to
      be present on the short. However evidently this small contribution
      in Z(int) must be in there as a component, estimated as a quarter of
      a millihenry

      Now if we were to assume that the short current was entirely due to
      the limitations of this Z(int) value as its internal inductive
      reactance; by virtue of the fact that an equal opposite reactive
      capacitive load could then be added; and in these circumstances the
      value of current obtained with equal reactive loads superceeds the
      amperage delivery at short.

      I see now in retrospect that I may have grossly over-estimated the
      Natural Resonant Frequency obtainable in an alternator, by virtue of
      matched reactive capacity, as X(L)(int) However this is only by
      theory. The initial idea to formulate the matched capacity X(C) as
      the matched reactive load to the Z(int) of the generator was to
      consider that draw as a purely inductive reactance draw, which
      measured at 1.5 A, leads to an ohmic AC value of only .2 ohms,
      meaning that an astoundingly high value of some 500 uf would be
      necessary at 480 hz to replicate the same ohmic draw of .2 ohms.

      However those projections are essentially based on a stator wire of
      zero ohms resistance, as the R figure has not yet been added int the Z
      (int) found reading. AS such a value far less then 500 uf may be the
      true resonating capacity for this case. Or so one might think.

      But in any case it could be far lower then expected. And in this case
      from recorded notes we see that 1.5 A can be extracted with short,
      but the stator voltage output then drops to one third of a volt;
      whereby in contrast if 50 uf is placed as a load, then the same
      amperage delivery is made, but now at a much higher voltage
      delivery..? This is to be reinvestigated as replication.
      Certainly these early notes contain many errors.
      Lots of confusion here I can see, so re-measurements are in order.
      I remember in the past that the only time alligator clip wire
      connections would start melting was in conection to loads of large
      capacity, so the subject will be returned to.

      Here is where the missing piece of information comes in. I certainly
      know that about 44 uf is correct to series resonate a ~.8 ohm METR
      reactance of equal 7 ohms reactance, some 2.3 mh as the reactance
      load to balance things at series resonance. HOWEVER THE SAME C VALUE
      DOES 44 UF.

      In any case it is not convenient to place a 500 uf load, to note the
      hypothetical q rise of stator voltage, but might we replicate the
      same effect by introduction of an intervening high voltage
      transformer, such as a pole pig. In this case the capacitive reactive
      draw of the secondary should be reflected through the draw of the
      primary on the alternator stator source, thus by charging the
      capacity to a much higher voltage via the transformer medium, the
      increased capacitive reactance draw mimics a charging of much larger
      capacities to resonate with said internal reactance of the generator