Re: problem averted

  • Peter Stevens
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 9, 2005
      Hi Harvey
      the cube's easy now the real twister is the
      dodecahedron within which we actually live I know stop
      smiling and enjoy yourself the answer to the riddle
      with the coin in your shoe is it's in your sock but
      you'll find that when you wash them next week on
      Saturday as we all do ' Stay off the Beam and away
      from the smoke the World's in need of you from
      Australia we don't have any Straight shooter like you
      the place is full of Bullshiter and we love it we
      through everything up and anything that doesn't fall
      that's bullshit
      cheers from another cell mate
      These long sleeves really bother me can't they get
      them to tie at the front.
      Peter

      === message truncated ===

      http://au.local.yahoo.com
    • John Johnson
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 10, 2005
        For heavens sake, do anything but /*that*/, especially if you start taking /*any*/ perception of what you may suppose others to "think" as "typical" as any basis of approach when merely complying with what /*anyone*/ else thinks is bad enough.
        Far rather than "linear" anything, and the insistance on a single strain, start with a "spider" with the different aspects of the problem coming out in different directions so when one component hits a jam, push the others but always look at how the /*whole*/ is shaping up.
        When words on a page get too "linear", try to rough it out in diagramatic form, however tentative and schematic at first, and the details are bound to become clearer later when talking to the rest of us about it, OK??

        Talk to the nerves!!

        John J.
        (BTW. that Heraclynium Sphondylum I've been eating has given me no trouble at all!!)

        If you had smoke Salvia, you not only would have figured out the cubes, but seen them and become one with them.<br>
        ;-)<br>
        Sounds like you are plagued with the same thing I have: A mind in warp drive and no rudder.<br>
        In the past, I have self-medicated to varying degrees with legal
        substances and the like to slow the brain down enough to actually have
        some executive function to get long-term things done. And I have been
        through the whole rigamarole with doctors and tried about every ADD
        medication out there. Unfortunately the stuff that works good makes me
        feel very ill.<br>
        So, I am stuck trying to retrain my brain, which is very difficult, to think more linear like the neurotypicals.<br>
        It seems to go against every nerve in my body though.<br>
        SOj<br>

        <tt>
        I would like to prepare myself for learning in a new country, to <br>
        speak a new language and learn quickly the Russian language. I would <br>
        like to move to St Petersberg a la Leningrad by former name. That is <br>
        only a start. The only thing that would enable such a thing is wealth <br>
        that gives one a priveledge to live anywhere in the world where one <br>
        desires to live. It is hard to go against ones own family, because <br>
        blood is thicker then water. So we shall see the results there/ later.<br>
        In a specific problem solving gig; I think the Russian peoples would <br>
        welcome me as one of their own. The last time I made remarks here <br>
        some patently rediculous claims were made. Reincarnation bullshit <br>
        ect..., as an analogy... I have gone across the the program of <br>
        control to understand the claims made, to understand the <br>
        descrepancies of descriptions and the neccessary retractions needed <br>
        with such claims. I have backtracked the claims; understood certain <br>
        mistakes involved with the claims and gained a greater understanding <br>
        what the claims actually entail. This was a process of great mental <br>
        concentration. Let me rehearse my claims again, but not supply the <br>
        same evident answer that would be provided by anyone that worked in <br>
        the field.<br>
        The mathematical arrays known as magic cubes are a relatively new <br>
        form of scientific exploration into mathematics. This may not mean <br>
        much to the novice. However several authours have explored the <br>
        subject and publized the results. The way they got their results <br>
        ect.. where a computer program may have run for many hours to find <br>
        those unique solutions. The smallest sizings involved with magic <br>
        cubes ect where refererences here on this list were also supplied <br>
        from other invaluable contributors on the subject, namely Jones <br>
        Beenes from vortex list replications that answered some questions. <br>
        Also in the matrix series of movies some very quintessential <br>
        questions are raised. What is the smallest unit of self replication. <br>
        Who is the authority on that self replication. What is the principle <br>
        involved? And how does it apply? Where is the border between science <br>
        fiction and reality? And then I posed a simple question. Suppose a <br>
        magic cube formation is made that is known to be correct. Then it is <br>
        modeled as a series of dice cubes with each cube having 6 numbers to <br>
        every 3 dimensional side. Now someone comes by and knocks the whole <br>
        structure down so that this is exactly the same as if someone picks <br>
        all these dice pieces again / takes them inside the greater hand and <br>
        rerolls the combination to be a random falling. Now this Humpty <br>
        Dumpty problem becomes knowing whether all these dice can be put back <br>
        together again to show the same magic cube organization; just by <br>
        putting all the pieces together again by looking at the way they fell <br>
        and stacking them again concentrically as a cube formation. To me <br>
        intrinsically I felt this could be done, and as such it showed the <br>
        evidence that a greater organizational pattern already existed as a <br>
        blueprint, and to remember how that blueprint was made, and knowing <br>
        those prexistant laws of organization somehow gives a clue as to how <br>
        things are known beforehand, thus it was a primitive proof of <br>
        reincarnation, that for us to have access to the initial blueprint/ <br>
        we must have remembered something before that roll of the dice even <br>
        existed.<br>
        Now to put even another strange twist into this story each time I <br>
        have come into such explorations and strange conclusions to start <br>
        with I had smoked a concoction known as wild lettuce. This must sound <br>
        quite funny to the outside observer. I used to smoke the regular <br>
        variety of get high substance known as good marijuana. But then as <br>
        time went by, and money went to nothings\ I quit using or buying that <br>
        expensive thing. And my brother Michael Norris had ordered a variety <br>
        of legal high herbs. So sometimes when I came home from the bar, <br>
        being a person of alcoholic tendencies,(? Da hasnt anyone realized <br>
        where my late night off the wall posts come from?) I would like <br>
        something besides the typical cigarette for smoking. My brother <br>
        warned me the first time; it is very powerful/ that wild lettuce <br>
        stuff. I said bullshit brother/ you dont even smoke anything to begin <br>
        with/ it only effects you that way... So the first time I smoked this <br>
        stuff I seemed to have insomnia upon going to sleep/ started thinking <br>
        about magic squares, and then magic cubes. Suddenly about 5 am a <br>
        light bulb went off in the mind. YOU HAVE ONLY ANALYSED THE CASE FOR <br>
        POSSIBILITY OF MAGIC CUBES USING THE SMALLEST NUMBER OF SIDES/ AND <br>
        NOT ALLOWED THE FREEDOM INHERENT WITH POSSIBILITIES INHERENT WITH <br>
        LARGER NUMBER SIDENUMBERS OF ORGANIZATION ON EACH SIDE!.The <br>
        difference between how a magic square itself is formed with three <br>
        members to a side and four members to a side is quite profound. Each <br>
        different classification has a totally different strategy for <br>
        formation. So I immediately thought that it would be possible to <br>
        construct a magic cube with four members to a side rather then three. <br>
        It cannot be said easily how the core code works in several <br>
        sentences, however it is easy to imagine and test the hypothesis by <br>
        drawing things out from the central code. The central code can be <br>
        readily tested by taking the nuber array, making sheets placed over <br>
        each ither in three dimensions and actually testing whether the idea <br>
        works. I then found by that strategy. ( much after 5 AM when I first <br>
        realized the possibility and then went and did the work well into the <br>
        next morning) that four did not work. Knowing that 5 was the same <br>
        kind of odd number as 3 I skipped over that possibility in the next <br>
        advancement. 6 was also deemed impossible to work with because of <br>
        complications of that magic square analogy to be placed into three <br>
        dimensions square analogy that the 6 even confuses every magic square <br>
        enthusiast. 7 was also skipped over again because of the simple <br>
        reasons that it was an odd number like three. I then became <br>
        absolutely convined that things could succeed in three dimensions <br>
        with a magic cube with 8 numbers to a side. I am still convinced that <br>
        this is true, can be drawn out and tested by diagrams alone. No <br>
        computer programs are even neccessary, although that could save some <br>
        time. But for the neccessary program there you have the best <br>
        evidence/ the evidence straight from your own mind....<br>
        About this same time slightly afterwards I posed this same magic <br>
        cube question to Vortex list, right when the recent pope died. And <br>
        Jones Beenes came to the rescue. He showed the way, and then later on <br>
        again when the subject was resurected; and then provided further <br>
        references. It was then from that first point of disclosure I stopped <br>
        worrying about whether a 8 sided magic cube was possible; Hell you <br>
        got these eminent mathemeticians who have already solved the problems <br>
        there; so your efforts are useless. Lets just let the whole subject <br>
        go, nothing is going to be discovered here/ it has already been <br>
        done...<br>
        Now some time later I smoked some more wild lettuce mixture. It says <br>
        on the bag he got from some delerious Indian supplyers I suppose ; <br>
        The Hopi beleive that induced dream states contain more information <br>
        about reality that the conscious waking state, and wild lettuce was <br>
        one of their tools to help them achieve these states. Wild lettuce, <br>
        aka lettuce opium, is said to enhance the vividness of dreams when <br>
        smoked prior to sleep.<br>
        I happened to notice this effect later when I saw my dead father and <br>
        grandmother in dreams, but I didnt chat with them at the time, It <br>
        just seemed to be natural that they were there; and I was busy <br>
        looking for my missing guitar amplifier. Those departed souls were at <br>
        the end of a long column of rooms at the end of my journey, but I had <br>
        to get back to the railroad tracks where the dream began from to ask <br>
        Mikey my brother where the hell my guitar amplifier went to/ I had to <br>
        blame someboddy for the misfortune.<br>
        But as Paul Harvey would say; here is the rest of the story....<br>
        I got very intoxicated on alcohol; began to rehash the magic cube <br>
        problem/ and then determined that if the 8 numbered side cube array <br>
        was dismantled as a dice roll reconstruction from all them 6 sided <br>
        roll random combinations falling down( this is a 64 dice throw/ a la <br>
        I ching) and showing the top numbers/ it should well be possible to <br>
        stack all them dice back up into the array exactly showing all them <br>
        top numbers to be stacked and be able to put them back into a magic <br>
        cube state. I then concluded in my drunken state that essentially if <br>
        this were possible, knowing how they should be put back together, (a <br>
        la Humpty Dumpty), if it could be done, this was a sort of proof of <br>
        reincarnation. Go figure how the drunk mind forms such illogical <br>
        conclusions. So then the family was bothering me, intruding on my <br>
        privacy, so I finally got home and smoked some more wild lettuce, <br>
        whereby once again after the sleep wore off, the whole mathematiocal <br>
        problem I had proposed completely took over my mind/ almost exactly <br>
        before as the first time when the magic cube and its solution <br>
        presented itself.<br>
        Then I had to get up today this morning and go to work as my meager <br>
        job in mom's Waylons Tavern as a bartender. What a hell of a hangover <br>
        dude/ simply because this magic cube problem wouldnt leave my mind <br>
        and once I became conscious again after sleeping I couldnt stop <br>
        thinking about it. I had just bought a new pair of shoes not long ago <br>
        from my meager income to face the bastard bitch judge sentencing me <br>
        to further incarcerations from the police state. I said my right foot <br>
        really hurts bad, it feels like I am walking with a coin in my shoe. <br>
        I took the shoe off to look for a coin obstruction, but nothing was <br>
        there. Sometimes coins fall into your shoes you know...<br>
        So I was having an effing bad hair day. Then I thought to myself, <br>
        what a god damned idiot alcoholic you must be Harvey. You come to <br>
        some damned obtuse conclusion about magic cubes and dice, the way <br>
        they could be rolled ect... and this is proof of reincarnation? You <br>
        must have finally gone off the edge into total alcoholic insanity. <br>
        What is your readership going to think of you now? You are a complete <br>
        idiot. Why won't you just stop these things?<br>
        Some people say stopping the world is also a good exercize. That <br>
        morning when no one was around I had to think a great deal. I said to <br>
        myself there must be some truth to this vision of recombined matrix <br>
        possibilities. Where does the truth lie? I slowly began to understand <br>
        what the actual truth was. I isolated one set of parameters, then saw <br>
        the other two sets which confounded me, Later on at the end of the <br>
        shift I finaly realized what the truth was, and was finally satisfied.<br>
        The random roll of dice indeed could be put back into a magic cubic <br>
        state, but most times not. Rather like a game of solitare, if the <br>
        odds give a solution it does, but if not it doesnt. But the process <br>
        of putting each cube back to where it belongs after the dice roll <br>
        probability is a tremendous mental excerzice. But once we realize the <br>
        rules of the game we are light years ahead of someone who has never <br>
        considered the problem. And the problem isnt finished yet either. And <br>
        the possibilities of errors of assumption are also out there. Things <br>
        are a bit hazy now/ and I dont think this is the truth now upon <br>
        further introspection but I had concluded before that in the worst <br>
        case scenario all but two of the dice cubes could be put back into <br>
        the magic state. In that case I am two cubes short of a brick, or <br>
        maybe another popular saying can apply. In any case I will ponder <br>
        this problem well into the future. The mere fact that most cubes can <br>
        be put back into correct placement themselves is quite amazing. It <br>
        has just started to rain hard in November in Ohio where I live. But <br>
        each of us has our own home where we live, which is inside our minds.<br>
        Sincerely HDN<br>
        </tt>

        <tt>SPONSORED LINKS</tt>
        <tbody><tr valign="top">
        Energy management</a></tt>
        Energy gels</a></tt>
        Energy conservation home</a></tt>
        Energy savings</a></tt>
        Energy</a></tt>
        Energy efficiency</a></tt>

        </tbody></table>

        <hr style="border-bottom: 1px none; width: 500px; text-align: left;">
        <tt>YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS</tt>
        <ul>

        </ul>
        <hr style="border-bottom: 1px none; width: 500px; text-align: left;">

        <!-- |**|begin egp html banner|**| -->

        <tt>SPONSORED LINKS</tt>

        <!-- |**|end egp html banner|**| -->

        <!-- |**|begin egp html banner|**| -->

        <hr style="border-bottom:1px; width:500px; text-align:left;">
        <tt>YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS</tt>
        <ul>
        </ul>
        <hr style="border-bottom:1px; width:500px; text-align:left;">

        <!-- |**|end egp html banner|**| -->

        Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com
      • Sojourner -
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 10, 2005
          I don't mind thinking non-linear, but its the lack of having the control to tune out the other variables or strings while trying to pay attention to one.

          Some have a light bulb that goes off in their head. Mine is a nuclear bomb. Fine. I love the intelligence and the ability to think like no other.

          ..........yet every split atom vies for the same attention and you can't filter it or concentrate. That is the problem.

          You see, it's not the non-linear part that is bad. It's the lack of the mental ability to not get overwhelmed and fogged out that is.

          It's crippling. If I get overwhelmed my executive functions go kaput I can get nothing done....even the routine things of life.

          Thus, learning to train the mind to think linear "at will" should help.

          That is my hope anyway.
          Soj

          On 11/10/05, John Johnson <kamikazebear@...> wrote:

[...]

                  <tt><a href=" http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&amp;k=Energy+management&amp;w1=Energy+management&amp;w2=Energy+gels&amp;w3=Energy+conservation+home&amp;w4=Energy+savings&amp;w5=Energy&amp;w6=Energy+efficiency&amp;c=6&amp;s=125&amp;.sig=75JSK0pk_6YPSvrqnGJjuA " target="_blank" onclick="return top.js.OpenExtLink(window,event,this)">
          Energy management</a></tt>
                  <tt><a href=" http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&amp;k=Energy+gels&amp;w1=Energy+management&amp;w2=Energy+gels&amp;w3=Energy+conservation+home&amp;w4=Energy+savings&amp;w5=Energy&amp;w6=Energy+efficiency&amp;c=6&amp;s=125&amp;.sig=kqE73HdOH24uCELVdLTccA " target="_blank" onclick="return top.js.OpenExtLink(window,event,this)">
          Energy gels</a></tt>
                  <tt><a href=" http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&amp;k=Energy+conservation+home&amp;w1=Energy+management&amp;w2=Energy+gels&amp;w3=Energy+conservation+home&amp;w4=Energy+savings&amp;w5=Energy&amp;w6=Energy+efficiency&amp;c=6&amp;s=125&amp;.sig=bfu0-qpq8lvbFKej6u8p_Q " target="_blank" onclick="return top.js.OpenExtLink(window,event,this)">
          Energy conservation home</a></tt>
                  <tt><a href=" http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&amp;k=Energy+savings&amp;w1=Energy+management&amp;w2=Energy+gels&amp;w3=Energy+conservation+home&amp;w4=Energy+savings&amp;w5=Energy&amp;w6=Energy+efficiency&amp;c=6&amp;s=125&amp;.sig=p_wKf36EaI03cR9z9nslcA " target="_blank" onclick="return top.js.OpenExtLink(window,event,this)">
          Energy savings</a></tt>
                  <tt><a href=" http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&amp;k=Energy&amp;w1=Energy+management&amp;w2=Energy+gels&amp;w3=Energy+conservation+home&amp;w4=Energy+savings&amp;w5=Energy&amp;w6=Energy+efficiency&amp;c=6&amp;s=125&amp;.sig=VxjvTsHrQcleZRmBa_Uxng " target="_blank" onclick="return top.js.OpenExtLink(window,event,this)">
          Energy</a></tt>
                  <tt><a href=" http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&amp;k=Energy+efficiency&amp;w1=Energy+management&amp;w2=Energy+gels&amp;w3=Energy+conservation+home&amp;w4=Energy+savings&amp;w5=Energy&amp;w6=Energy+efficiency&amp;c=6&amp;s=125&amp;.sig=CBalXuoBwpAIKu1whhzP4Q " target="_blank" onclick="return top.js.OpenExtLink(window,event,this)">
          Energy efficiency</a></tt>

                </tbody></table>

            <hr style="border-bottom: 1px none; width: 500px; text-align: left;">
            <tt>YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS</tt>
          <ul>

          </ul>
            <hr style="border-bottom: 1px none; width: 500px; text-align: left;">

          <!-- |**|begin egp html banner|**| -->

              <tt>SPONSORED LINKS</tt>

          <!-- |**|end egp html banner|**| -->

          <!-- |**|begin egp html banner|**| -->

            <hr style="border-bottom:1px; width:500px; text-align:left;">
            <tt>YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS</tt>
          <ul>
          </ul>
            <hr style="border-bottom:1px; width:500px; text-align:left;">

          <!-- |**|end egp html banner|**| -->

          Mad Scientist at Large