Re: [jlnlabs] Don Smith devices www.altenergy-pro.com

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 7, 2005
      --- "vcrepair@..." <vcrepair@...> wrote:

      > Are you familiar with basic electrical theory and
      > Faraday's law, Lenz law eddy currents, etc?
      >
      > VOLTS * AMPS = WATTS
      >
      > Volts or Amperes of current by themselves is NOT
      > power. Battery can have VOLTAGE, but no power output
      > if nothing is connected to it. With super conductor
      > you have current with no power loss. BUT even with
      > regular conductors, if well designed, there is
      > little
      > power loss from I^2R or Current * Current *
      > Resistance
      > = Power. A good wire doesn't "loose" or dissipate
      > much
      > power. Most of the current and voltage goes through
      > the wire.
      >
      > In brief, if you get current from a generator it
      > creates an opposing force to the changing magnetic
      > field. That requires more mechanical input power to
      > the generator.
      This is what needs to be investigated further. From
      what I fathom I completely agree, the "true" power
      input is only the I squared R heating loss of the
      wire. However if the coiled wire is resonant to the
      frequency of the generator, and has a coresponding C
      value in series with the L value, an energy transfer
      between magnetic and electric fields can exist. This
      can be computed into joules/sec and compared to the
      heat loss wattage. In the case for the single L value
      as a reactive state; whereby the current lags behind
      the voltage according to the phase angle of the
      inductor, the amount of energy storage is .5LI^2. This
      energy storage is said to exist as borrowed and
      returned energy to the generator. Thus "How Much"
      mechanical drag will the generator have when part of
      this energy transfer from the generator consists of
      that "borrowed and returned" energy transfer? The net
      effect of then removing this effect of obtaining the
      energy transfer of magnetic/electric field oscillation
      itself from the generator is that remarkably the
      amount of energy transfer occuring in its reactive
      state is enhanced q times, where the theoretical q
      factor is simply X(L)/R: but more importantly it is
      now an oscillation of energy "between" mangnetic AND
      electric fields, rather then an oscillation of
      borrowed and returned energy with the generator. As
      such the load demand as that removal of power source
      would dictate should have gone down at the mechanical
      input end. In construction of a maximum power transfer
      resonance at 480 hz, it seemed remarkable also that
      the alternator could output ten amps per phase, a
      total of 30 amps, without any appreciable stator core
      heating. What seemes bizaare is that these circuits,
      having a q of 5, or 8.5 between phases; is that one
      can take a 3/8 inch sample of ferrite between these
      phases of 5 fold voltage rise, and it will quickly
      glow hot within minutes, so much so that a 900 degree
      F temperature is achieved. In this situation the
      acting resistance of the ferrite has been changed from
      20-30,000 ohms to 7 ohms where the 21 volts difference
      between phases enables 3 amp of current to be drawn
      through the ferrite. The ferrite glow is accomplished
      with 63 watts of real observable heat power: BUT
      according to phase angle theory the outside supply AC
      circuits that can enable these ferrite rectifications
      between them must have had its phase angle changed
      since it now consumes much less current then it did in
      the series resonant case; and essentially then the
      load between these phases has driven the circuit into
      a power factor correction direction. If we then take
      this into consideration, and use the phase angle
      method to compute the true power input for the ferrite
      heating process, we find that the output exceeds the
      "true" power input when those laws are used. I then
      think that for this particular example those laws do
      not apply, and the apparent power input as VI must
      also be considered the true power input. Otherwise we
      have a true paradox. The only way all these things
      could be known for sure is to measure the mechanical
      input power for all these cases.

      These circuits I used were of 7 ohms impedance @ 480
      hz, which means the load resistance was matched to the
      supply lines impedance. The circuits having a q of 5,
      have a 5 fold increase of both current and internal
      voltage rise within the circuit to accomplish this.
      Those outside circuits only behave that way if their
      is no load betweeen the phases, and If a trisectional
      wye is employed between the phases as a short between
      the delta phases voltage rise; this topologically
      changes the entire circuit from three phases of series
      resonances procurred in Delta to three tank circuits
      procurred in WYE, with each of these tank circuits
      having shared internal pathways beween phases. In this
      situation then 5 times more current exists in the
      loops as what the stator lines input.(The resonant
      rise of amperage in a tank circuit as governed by q
      factor) By using a load that is impedance matched to
      the supply lines it also seems practical to note that
      if the ferrite heating process is shorted, it only
      draws a current slightly higher that what the heating
      effect will deliver. Another paradox exists with
      regard to the true power input to the tank circuit.
      Evidence suggests that the current is 180 out of phase
      to the impressed voltage in this case. The phase angle
      laws of considering the "instanteous" voltage and
      amperage as the true power input seems inadequate for
      this situation.