Re: [teslafy] Honorary Thinker Award/ Jones Beene

    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 11, 2005
      --- Jones Beene <jonesb9@...> wrote:

      > Hey Harvey,
      >
      > Thanks for the compliments. I had totally forgotten
      > about that
      > post.
      >
      > But come to think of it, if HTSC (high temperature
      > superconductivity) ever does become commercial,
      > something like
      > that might work.
      Heres a jpeg where I left off on this work;
      7.6 A SrFe Conductions Via wall & alternator input
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/teslafy/files/SP/Dsc00754.jpg

      Early (AC alternator)experiments showed that when the
      "acting resistance" of a ferrite glow was at 7 ohms
      the load and the networks are "impedance matched" so
      to speak, since the reactance of the delivery wires
      are also 7 ohms. If the resistance of the load were to
      go below this seven ohms; this drives the alternator
      resonant 480 hz circuit in the direction of a tank
      circuit; where resonant rise of amperage may appear,
      with the net effect of a greater efficiency of power
      delivery.

      So what was done here was to merge two DC currents
      through the ferrite, one obtained from a wall voltage
      step down transformer powered by variac, and set for
      about 15 volts DC, and the other input the alternator
      resonant one.

      The nornal operation of the alternator resonant
      circuit for a ~60 watt empowerment to produce the glow
      is 21 volts enabling 3 A, showing that a 3 A
      conduction yeilds a resistance of 7 ohms.

      In the jpeg the currents through the piece have gone
      to 7.6 A a 2.5 fold increase of current.

      If things were linear we might suppose the the
      resistance should drop 2.5 times inveresely linear to
      the 2.5 fold amperage increase.

      So here with both inputs 13.8 volts is enabling a
      combined 7.6 A for an acting resistance of 1.8 ohms

      7/2.5 = 2.8 ohms.

      These are only just some rough estimates but it
      appears the acting resistance itself may be a bit
      non-linear.
      The net result of the extra wall source delivering
      amperage through the piece on the alternator resonant
      circuit was that now its "interphasal load" has been
      reduced from 7 ohms to 1.8 ohms making its circuit
      more efficient in delivery of that 3.74 A portion of
      amperage to the shown ferrite glow.

      > And since you mentioned some of the early "wireless"
      > pioneers,
      > think about this: it might be possible to rig up
      > three of your
      > pancake coils to "self-spin" on good ball bearings -
      > using ambient
      > radio "waves" (near a three phase HV line) as the
      > "hidden" power
      > source.
      >
      > Not OU, but it would amaze people who did not catch
      > on to what was
      > going on...
      >
      > Of course 60 cycle is a very long wavelength, 5 km,
      > but have you
      > ever found a far shorter coil that was strongly
      > resonant for 60
      > cycle? Let's see... 78.125 meters ( 5Km/ 8*8) is
      > probably too long
      > for a pancake coil, but is 19.53 meters possible?
      >
      > Jones
      >
      > Opps, these figures are based on lightspeed in a
      > vacuum and would
      > need to be corrected for copper/aluminum....
      Numbers may be a bit off here.
      The following info is from
      http://www.mikebrownsolutions.com/tesla.htm
      Our
      Navy manages to transmit a 75 Hz frequency to our
      submarines but has to use a 768-mile long quarter-wave
      antenna in Wisconsin to do it."

      HDN; meters/sec divided by cycles/sec actually yeilds
      an answer in the terms of meters/cycle. Mike seems
      correct in then stating that the "actual" quarter wave
      resonator would then be a length of one quarter of
      this derived full wave length value. Now we can go
      further and analyze the stated resonant value given
      for a 768 mile antennae.
      First we multiply by 4 to obtain the wavelength at
      3072 miles Dividing by the speed of light at 186,000
      miles /sec yeilds a time period of .0165 seconds for
      one cycle. The reciprocal of this is 60.5
      hz. So what gives with the 75 hz answer in the
      example? Well as Paul Nicholson has pointed out, the
      quarter wave length theory is only a guideline, and in
      most all examples with tesla coils, the actual
      resonant frequency is slightly higher than that given
      by the quarter wavelength example.

      I seem to remember being at Ann Arbor Mich at the
      University there, and the physics dept may have some
      studies associated on a display chart of the system,
      and for some reason there were also dealing with
      superconductivity?? Perhaps they need huge amperage
      surges to communicate through the earth with this long
      antenna. I seem to remeber a 22 mile quote, which
      might have beeen the diameter of the buried spiral. A
      lot of speculation here.

    • Chris Arnold
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 21, 2008
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjNLlhllcvk

        --- In teslafy@yahoogroups.com, Harvey Norris <harvich@...> wrote:

> [...]
        > hz. So what gives with the 75 hz answer in the
        > example? Well as Paul Nicholson has pointed out, the
        > quarter wave length theory is only a guideline, and in
        > most all examples with tesla coils, the actual
        > resonant frequency is slightly higher than that given
        > by the quarter wavelength example.
        >
        > I seem to remember being at Ann Arbor Mich at the
        > University there, and the physics dept may have some
        > studies associated on a display chart of the system,
        > and for some reason there were also dealing with
        > superconductivity?? Perhaps they need huge amperage
        > surges to communicate through the earth with this long
        > antenna. I seem to remeber a 22 mile quote, which
        > might have beeen the diameter of the buried spiral. A
        > lot of speculation here.
        >
        > HDN
        >

        > Tesla Research Group; Pioneering the Applications of Interphasal
        Resonances http://groups.yahoo.com/group/teslafy/

      • Jones Beene
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 21, 2008
          --- Chris Arnold wrote:

          > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjNLlhllcvk

          Kewl ... Chris - BTW does the nanolube contain
          "Buckey-Balls"?

          Now if you can just connect the fans to an electric
          genset and then put a hybrid drive train in that
          Porsche ... lubricated with the special stuff, of
          course ... voila: a 'free ride' on a windy day? ...
          perfect for Chicago.