Re: [teslafy] Honorary Thinker Award/ Jones Beene

  • Jones Beene
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 9, 2005
      Hey Harvey,

      Thanks for the compliments. I had totally forgotten about that
      post.

      But come to think of it, if HTSC (high temperature
      superconductivity) ever does become commercial, something like
      that might work.

      And since you mentioned some of the early "wireless" pioneers,
      think about this: it might be possible to rig up three of your
      pancake coils to "self-spin" on good ball bearings - using ambient
      radio "waves" (near a three phase HV line) as the "hidden" power
      source.

      Not OU, but it would amaze people who did not catch on to what was
      going on...

      Of course 60 cycle is a very long wavelength, 5 km, but have you
      ever found a far shorter coil that was strongly resonant for 60
      cycle? Let's see... 78.125 meters ( 5Km/ 8*8) is probably too long
      for a pancake coil, but is 19.53 meters possible?

      Jones

      Opps, these figures are based on lightspeed in a vacuum and would
      need to be corrected for copper/aluminum....
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 11, 2005
        --- Jones Beene <jonesb9@...> wrote:

        > Hey Harvey,
        >
        > Thanks for the compliments. I had totally forgotten
        > about that
        > post.
        >
        > But come to think of it, if HTSC (high temperature
        > superconductivity) ever does become commercial,
        > something like
        > that might work.
        Heres a jpeg where I left off on this work;
        7.6 A SrFe Conductions Via wall & alternator input
        http://groups.yahoo.com/group/teslafy/files/SP/Dsc00754.jpg

        Early (AC alternator)experiments showed that when the
        "acting resistance" of a ferrite glow was at 7 ohms
        the load and the networks are "impedance matched" so
        to speak, since the reactance of the delivery wires
        are also 7 ohms. If the resistance of the load were to
        go below this seven ohms; this drives the alternator
        resonant 480 hz circuit in the direction of a tank
        circuit; where resonant rise of amperage may appear,
        with the net effect of a greater efficiency of power
        delivery.

        So what was done here was to merge two DC currents
        through the ferrite, one obtained from a wall voltage
        step down transformer powered by variac, and set for
        about 15 volts DC, and the other input the alternator
        resonant one.

        The nornal operation of the alternator resonant
        circuit for a ~60 watt empowerment to produce the glow
        is 21 volts enabling 3 A, showing that a 3 A
        conduction yeilds a resistance of 7 ohms.

        In the jpeg the currents through the piece have gone
        to 7.6 A a 2.5 fold increase of current.

        If things were linear we might suppose the the
        resistance should drop 2.5 times inveresely linear to
        the 2.5 fold amperage increase.

        So here with both inputs 13.8 volts is enabling a
        combined 7.6 A for an acting resistance of 1.8 ohms

        7/2.5 = 2.8 ohms.

        These are only just some rough estimates but it
        appears the acting resistance itself may be a bit
        non-linear.
        The net result of the extra wall source delivering
        amperage through the piece on the alternator resonant
        circuit was that now its "interphasal load" has been
        reduced from 7 ohms to 1.8 ohms making its circuit
        more efficient in delivery of that 3.74 A portion of
        amperage to the shown ferrite glow.

        > And since you mentioned some of the early "wireless"
        > pioneers,
        > think about this: it might be possible to rig up
        > three of your
        > pancake coils to "self-spin" on good ball bearings -
        > using ambient
        > radio "waves" (near a three phase HV line) as the
        > "hidden" power
        > source.
        >
        > Not OU, but it would amaze people who did not catch
        > on to what was
        > going on...
        >
        > Of course 60 cycle is a very long wavelength, 5 km,
        > but have you
        > ever found a far shorter coil that was strongly
        > resonant for 60
        > cycle? Let's see... 78.125 meters ( 5Km/ 8*8) is
        > probably too long
        > for a pancake coil, but is 19.53 meters possible?
        >
        > Jones
        >
        > Opps, these figures are based on lightspeed in a
        > vacuum and would
        > need to be corrected for copper/aluminum....
        Numbers may be a bit off here.
        The following info is from
        http://www.mikebrownsolutions.com/tesla.htm
        Our
        Navy manages to transmit a 75 Hz frequency to our
        submarines but has to use a 768-mile long quarter-wave
        antenna in Wisconsin to do it."

        HDN; meters/sec divided by cycles/sec actually yeilds
        an answer in the terms of meters/cycle. Mike seems
        correct in then stating that the "actual" quarter wave
        resonator would then be a length of one quarter of
        this derived full wave length value. Now we can go
        further and analyze the stated resonant value given
        for a 768 mile antennae.
        First we multiply by 4 to obtain the wavelength at
        3072 miles Dividing by the speed of light at 186,000
        miles /sec yeilds a time period of .0165 seconds for
        one cycle. The reciprocal of this is 60.5
        hz. So what gives with the 75 hz answer in the
        example? Well as Paul Nicholson has pointed out, the
        quarter wave length theory is only a guideline, and in
        most all examples with tesla coils, the actual
        resonant frequency is slightly higher than that given
        by the quarter wavelength example.

        I seem to remember being at Ann Arbor Mich at the
        University there, and the physics dept may have some
        studies associated on a display chart of the system,
        and for some reason there were also dealing with
        superconductivity?? Perhaps they need huge amperage
        surges to communicate through the earth with this long
        antenna. I seem to remeber a 22 mile quote, which
        might have beeen the diameter of the buried spiral. A
        lot of speculation here.

      • Chris Arnold
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 21 1:52 AM
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjNLlhllcvk

          --- In teslafy@yahoogroups.com, Harvey Norris <harvich@...> wrote:

> [...]
          > hz. So what gives with the 75 hz answer in the
          > example? Well as Paul Nicholson has pointed out, the
          > quarter wave length theory is only a guideline, and in
          > most all examples with tesla coils, the actual
          > resonant frequency is slightly higher than that given
          > by the quarter wavelength example.
          >
          > I seem to remember being at Ann Arbor Mich at the
          > University there, and the physics dept may have some
          > studies associated on a display chart of the system,
          > and for some reason there were also dealing with
          > superconductivity?? Perhaps they need huge amperage
          > surges to communicate through the earth with this long
          > antenna. I seem to remeber a 22 mile quote, which
          > might have beeen the diameter of the buried spiral. A
          > lot of speculation here.
          >
          > HDN
          >

          > Tesla Research Group; Pioneering the Applications of Interphasal
          Resonances http://groups.yahoo.com/group/teslafy/

        • Jones Beene
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 21 8:58 AM
            --- Chris Arnold wrote:

            > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjNLlhllcvk

            Kewl ... Chris - BTW does the nanolube contain
            "Buckey-Balls"?

            Now if you can just connect the fans to an electric
            genset and then put a hybrid drive train in that
            Porsche ... lubricated with the special stuff, of
            course ... voila: a 'free ride' on a windy day? ...
            perfect for Chicago.