Honorary Thinker Award/ Jones Beene

    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 8, 2005
      Jones has some deep thoughts about things. So I could just give a
      simple example of what speculation can consist of. Even years ago
      there was talk of how the ozone bulb with a steam mixture
      condensation/ a la the modern moonshiner via ozone bulb, has a claim
      that it produces a changed phase angle with watered steam upon
      condensation. Yes Jones formed a good reply back then, saying that a
      water phase angle is only a randome percentage of samplings amongst
      many phase angles on the observed molecules, or something like that,
      but when you get old like I am, you forget these kind of replies over
      the years of time, but when you see replies that stick out
      significantly, you begin to wonder; how could I have forgot such a
      thing.

      Anyhoots , to Jones credit he is a frequent contributor to vortex
      list; a leading theoretician that involves us "amateurs" as to what
      happens in the real world of chemistry and material sciences. Jones
      also volunteered to test resonant heated samples of SrFe for
      radioactivity with his geiger counter; finding no levels there, and
      has been helpful with other experimental suggestions, and supplied
      good info on Strontium ferrite characteristics. But that insn't what
      this award is about; it is an honorary award made for being a
      thinker; which means to introduce new thoughts...

      Re: [teslafy] Do Dreams Reflect the Future?/ Examples of
      Precognition. jonesbeene

      Harvey,

      "For what its worth - probably nothing: I had kind of waking-dream
      about a self-spinning experiment. It could have been an experiment
      which has coils like your pancake type flat speaker wire coils, one
      is never sure about the details. There were three disks of the
      same kind of windings. The one in the middle was stationary and the
      one above rotated CW and the one below CCW. There were commutators so
      that the mutual induction was shared somehow.
      There were no gears so the rotation must have been phase-locked, and
      magnets must have been in there but none were apparent. Once started,
      it would spin up to certain RPM and then continue to spin until
      manually stoped."

      (HDN comments)

      Yes then I was going back to the common work, but now the work
      becomes special. In fact Fessenden counter-rotated stator cores
      against a moving field to gain the greatest frequency in their joint
      (Alexsanderson) invention of high frequency alternators, used with
      early radio transmittors. However the thought here is truly
      impressive, by virtue of the fact that the pancake coils should loose
      no mutual induction by virtue of this axial rotation; simply because
      what is loosely interpreted as the gyromagnetic ratio/ Einstein
      DeHaas exp/ defines the reorientation of domains as a physical
      property associated with ferromagnetics/ wherein the case example
      compared to here involves strictly rotation of copper magnetic fields
      arranged to supply high mutual inductions; whereby in experimental
      avenues it has been supposed that the true axial rotation of a
      magnetic field never actually happens.

      In any case the mutual induction of these pancake coils can be easily
      measured by LCR meter, a somewhat unusual thing for air core coils.
      The question of whether rotation would affect their mutual inductance
      is an important one; I would believe it does not, but such an
      assembly just to test a principle is not my expertise at the moment.
      In any case the subject is open to other experimentors and myself
      also in the future. But for now I think you should be mentioned for
      bringing forward this idea which I immediately wished to make a
      future responce on, but things are delayed in reaction. I was going
      down the name list to find something; and your good comments were
      there.
      HDN
    • Jones Beene
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 9, 2005
        Hey Harvey,

        Thanks for the compliments. I had totally forgotten about that
        post.

        But come to think of it, if HTSC (high temperature
        superconductivity) ever does become commercial, something like
        that might work.

        And since you mentioned some of the early "wireless" pioneers,
        think about this: it might be possible to rig up three of your
        pancake coils to "self-spin" on good ball bearings - using ambient
        radio "waves" (near a three phase HV line) as the "hidden" power
        source.

        Not OU, but it would amaze people who did not catch on to what was
        going on...

        Of course 60 cycle is a very long wavelength, 5 km, but have you
        ever found a far shorter coil that was strongly resonant for 60
        cycle? Let's see... 78.125 meters ( 5Km/ 8*8) is probably too long
        for a pancake coil, but is 19.53 meters possible?

        Jones

        Opps, these figures are based on lightspeed in a vacuum and would
        need to be corrected for copper/aluminum....
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 11, 2005
          --- Jones Beene <jonesb9@...> wrote:

          > Hey Harvey,
          >
          > Thanks for the compliments. I had totally forgotten
          > about that
          > post.
          >
          > But come to think of it, if HTSC (high temperature
          > superconductivity) ever does become commercial,
          > something like
          > that might work.
          Heres a jpeg where I left off on this work;
          7.6 A SrFe Conductions Via wall & alternator input
          http://groups.yahoo.com/group/teslafy/files/SP/Dsc00754.jpg

          Early (AC alternator)experiments showed that when the
          "acting resistance" of a ferrite glow was at 7 ohms
          the load and the networks are "impedance matched" so
          to speak, since the reactance of the delivery wires
          are also 7 ohms. If the resistance of the load were to
          go below this seven ohms; this drives the alternator
          resonant 480 hz circuit in the direction of a tank
          circuit; where resonant rise of amperage may appear,
          with the net effect of a greater efficiency of power
          delivery.

          So what was done here was to merge two DC currents
          through the ferrite, one obtained from a wall voltage
          step down transformer powered by variac, and set for
          about 15 volts DC, and the other input the alternator
          resonant one.

          The nornal operation of the alternator resonant
          circuit for a ~60 watt empowerment to produce the glow
          is 21 volts enabling 3 A, showing that a 3 A
          conduction yeilds a resistance of 7 ohms.

          In the jpeg the currents through the piece have gone
          to 7.6 A a 2.5 fold increase of current.

          If things were linear we might suppose the the
          resistance should drop 2.5 times inveresely linear to
          the 2.5 fold amperage increase.

          So here with both inputs 13.8 volts is enabling a
          combined 7.6 A for an acting resistance of 1.8 ohms

          7/2.5 = 2.8 ohms.

          These are only just some rough estimates but it
          appears the acting resistance itself may be a bit
          non-linear.
          The net result of the extra wall source delivering
          amperage through the piece on the alternator resonant
          circuit was that now its "interphasal load" has been
          reduced from 7 ohms to 1.8 ohms making its circuit
          more efficient in delivery of that 3.74 A portion of
          amperage to the shown ferrite glow.

          > And since you mentioned some of the early "wireless"
          > pioneers,
          > think about this: it might be possible to rig up
          > three of your
          > pancake coils to "self-spin" on good ball bearings -
          > using ambient
          > radio "waves" (near a three phase HV line) as the
          > "hidden" power
          > source.
          >
          > Not OU, but it would amaze people who did not catch
          > on to what was
          > going on...
          >
          > Of course 60 cycle is a very long wavelength, 5 km,
          > but have you
          > ever found a far shorter coil that was strongly
          > resonant for 60
          > cycle? Let's see... 78.125 meters ( 5Km/ 8*8) is
          > probably too long
          > for a pancake coil, but is 19.53 meters possible?
          >
          > Jones
          >
          > Opps, these figures are based on lightspeed in a
          > vacuum and would
          > need to be corrected for copper/aluminum....
          Numbers may be a bit off here.
          The following info is from
          http://www.mikebrownsolutions.com/tesla.htm
          Our
          Navy manages to transmit a 75 Hz frequency to our
          submarines but has to use a 768-mile long quarter-wave
          antenna in Wisconsin to do it."

          HDN; meters/sec divided by cycles/sec actually yeilds
          an answer in the terms of meters/cycle. Mike seems
          correct in then stating that the "actual" quarter wave
          resonator would then be a length of one quarter of
          this derived full wave length value. Now we can go
          further and analyze the stated resonant value given
          for a 768 mile antennae.
          First we multiply by 4 to obtain the wavelength at
          3072 miles Dividing by the speed of light at 186,000
          miles /sec yeilds a time period of .0165 seconds for
          one cycle. The reciprocal of this is 60.5
          hz. So what gives with the 75 hz answer in the
          example? Well as Paul Nicholson has pointed out, the
          quarter wave length theory is only a guideline, and in
          most all examples with tesla coils, the actual
          resonant frequency is slightly higher than that given
          by the quarter wavelength example.

          I seem to remember being at Ann Arbor Mich at the
          University there, and the physics dept may have some
          studies associated on a display chart of the system,
          and for some reason there were also dealing with
          superconductivity?? Perhaps they need huge amperage
          surges to communicate through the earth with this long
          antenna. I seem to remeber a 22 mile quote, which
          might have beeen the diameter of the buried spiral. A
          lot of speculation here.

        • Chris Arnold
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 21 1:52 AM
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjNLlhllcvk

            --- In teslafy@yahoogroups.com, Harvey Norris <harvich@...> wrote:

> [...]
            > hz. So what gives with the 75 hz answer in the
            > example? Well as Paul Nicholson has pointed out, the
            > quarter wave length theory is only a guideline, and in
            > most all examples with tesla coils, the actual
            > resonant frequency is slightly higher than that given
            > by the quarter wavelength example.
            >
            > I seem to remember being at Ann Arbor Mich at the
            > University there, and the physics dept may have some
            > studies associated on a display chart of the system,
            > and for some reason there were also dealing with
            > superconductivity?? Perhaps they need huge amperage
            > surges to communicate through the earth with this long
            > antenna. I seem to remeber a 22 mile quote, which
            > might have beeen the diameter of the buried spiral. A
            > lot of speculation here.
            >
            > HDN
            >

            > Tesla Research Group; Pioneering the Applications of Interphasal
            Resonances http://groups.yahoo.com/group/teslafy/

          • Jones Beene
            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 21 8:58 AM
              --- Chris Arnold wrote:

              > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjNLlhllcvk

              Kewl ... Chris - BTW does the nanolube contain
              "Buckey-Balls"?

              Now if you can just connect the fans to an electric
              genset and then put a hybrid drive train in that
              Porsche ... lubricated with the special stuff, of
              course ... voila: a 'free ride' on a windy day? ...
              perfect for Chicago.