Air Core Power Transfer Via Alternator Frequency

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 19, 2004
      --- Tesla list <tesla@...> wrote:
> [...]
      I achieve almost perfect coupling with spirals using
      wide margin width wire so that the spirals encompass
      internal capacity. By perfect coupling, this implies a
      reduction of impedance to the source; when the
      recieving instrument is in proximity. As such the real
      question is simple, place a set of spirals between a
      glass plate, and record the inductance of the source,
      where both the open circuit and closed circiut
      configurations of the secondary are noted. If the
      impedance of the source, neglecting resistive losses
      which are ordinarily insignificant in my case of coil
      transmissions: if that impedance [is cut in half] then
      you have
      perfect mutual coupling with identical L sets of
      spirals. At a 6 VAC @ 60 HZ measurement, the
      proposition shows that such a "source frequency"
      inductance change measurement between spiral sets is
      practically impossible, and typically such a
      determination of mutual inductance by classic methods
      states that the difference between those two reactive
      states dictates the mutual induction between the
      systems. The situation you are here describing is
      easily possible by several considerations. The first
      loophole beomes the fact that L1 and L2 as proximity
      reactance measurements in fact can have little to do
      with those same measurements made when each L quantity
      is given a C quantity to resonate at the source
      frequency resonance. In other words what looks like
      almost independent magnetic action of two components
      when measured in the reactive state, can exhibit far
      more mutual inductance states when each L is given a C
      value to resonate at the source frequency that now
      delivers a whole new set of values is taken with
      current delivery measurements on both input and output
      comparisons of secondary open and closed situations.
      As such the action of Of L2C2 as secondary can
      influence the choice of the C1 value on the tuned
      segment on the primary L1C1, whose C1 value is first
      tuned to the reaction proximity of condition L2C2
      circuit/ In the case of mutual inductance at resonance
      however it is only mutual when the components share
      flux change. As such a square multiturn coil can
      induce more flux change on a adjacent spiral, then the
      reverse situation will allow. and because of this, the
      normal determination of mutual induction effects is
      invalidated by comparing the unity to opposition
      measurements in the reactive states, which is the
      normal parameter noted as L1L2 interactions, which can
      be signicantly greater or different between each other
      when paired as L1C1/L2C2 interactions. To secure a
      high inductance L1C1 primary at 60 hz would be a great
      problem, but probably not nearly as bad as the problem
      involved wiith matching the C2 value to the low
      inductance spiral of the receiving instrument. The
      key to considering the validity of air core inductive
      systems at source frequency is the consideration that
      AC alternators can easily deliver frequencies in the
      500 hz range or beyond, and then the sensible pairings
      of L1C1/L2C2 values can be made. In this described
      situation of paired spirals between glass, @ 480 hz
      with resonant spirals matched to the frequency
      transmission of the alternator, power transmission
      between the components would only be reduced according
      to the flux leakage afforded by the glass, maybe a 80%
      power loss, according to my guess. ()

      An eight fold increase of frequency to 480 hz makes
      the inductive reactance go up eight times by X(L)= 2
      pi*F*L, but the capacitive reactance X(C)= 1/[2pi*F*C]
      means the inverse C value for matching reactance goes
      down 64 fold in comparison to original demands at 60
      hz: thus effectively enabling sensibly tuned L1C1/L2C2
      spiral arrangements. In a 0ne inch layer of of 9 inch
      diameter, 2 inch ID spiral winds comprising four
      layered spiral winds of some 120 winds, the value of
      matching capacity of the 2.3 mh spirals was shown to
      be ~7 ohms, some 44 uf of capacity. Such adjacent
      spiral groups as adjacent sets were shown to have a
      high mutual inductance, MERELY ON THE REACTIVE
      READINGS ALONE! What this means is that according to
      starting understandings the inductive reactance is
      first measured at 7 ohms, but because the spirals
      share almost complete coupling of flux change, the
      adjacent presensce of the shorted secondary L2,
      decreases the impedance measurement of L1 to be almost
      half that of the former measurement, thus showing good
      coupling in the reactive state. Thus based on the
      readings of the new reactive state, each capacity of
      the tuned L1C1/L2C2 combination would be also doubled
      on first approximation, to comparative readings made
      in isolation. That would be how things are tuned from
      the data of interactions obtained from the reactive
      state of mutual induction, which also predicts the
      correct capacities to be used in the resonance,
      however in some cases of resonance the mutual
      inductance measured in the reactive state is different
      from its resonant case. Thus a second approximation of
      tuned L1C1/L2C2 values is in order when the mutual
      cou-pling is not as great, to see whether the change
      in both C values simultaneously to a higher value
      according to an increased lenz law effect at resonance
      comes into play.

      Power transmission is easily possible through glass at
      alternator frequencies, provided a correct match of LC
      spirals is negotiated.