Re: [jlnlabs] capacitor reactance/ Teslas Internal Capacity Patent

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 8, 2004
      --- Joshua Kenneth Gulick

      -----------|Capacitor-------------load------------ground

      > Is the fluxing charge on the ground side of the
      > capacitor seen as work at
      > the AC source? Probably is a stupid question, but
      > how does it happen?
      >
      > Peace,
      >
      > Josh
      Note; in the following long reply I have first
      demonstrated that ground wire schemes of conduction
      are possible, and then gone further with some
      theoretical possibilities...

      This Halloween I set up just such a demo that kind of
      confounded folks. It was a pole in the ground
      connected to a 2 ft neon that had a single wire on the
      opposite end of the neon leading to the experimental
      room. The neon blinks at a very fast rate, probably
      coinciding closely to the so called resonant frequency
      of the earth itself. Years ago this blinking process
      was studied by taping it on a VHS camera, and
      reviewing the tape frame by frame. Each frame of the
      VHS taping represents 1/60th of a sec. It was found
      that the neon was blinking at ~ 24 blinks/per sec,
      corresponding to the AC wave of 12 hz. The ending wire
      from the grounded neon was connected to a capacity
      path on one side, but also an inductive path on the
      other side, where each side was connected to opposite
      prongs of the 60 hz wall outlet plug. Both of the
      reactance currents measured separately were
      approximately equal. What this actually means is that
      if the neon were not grounding out the voltage rise,
      this would be a series resonance @ 60 hz with a q
      factor of 15,(for this case example employing a huge L
      value) The circuit is actually one that is resonant to
      the electric Co.s 60 hz transmission of electricity.
      60 hz resonant circuits are very uncommon due to the
      sizing problems of making L and C reactances equal at
      60 hz. Here a coil of 80 lbs of 23 gauge wire,
      containing 9 miles of wire and registering some 60
      henry inductance was used to get a very low reactance
      current. The string of capacitors to match it had to
      be rated for 15 times the 120 volt supply, as this was
      the amount of voltage rise in the series resonance. At
      one time I had constructed a dual pair of such coil
      systems, each functioning as a simultaneous opposite
      voltage rise, what we might call a series resonant
      bipolar set up which I named a binary resonant system.
      Gas bulbs could be given ending potential connections
      to ground, but both systems would never work
      simultaneously. One side would seem to predominate for
      a while, then the other. I experimented with this
      system for years, to the point where I finally found
      that by logic the system had not been tuned properly,
      so I wondered why the system even worked to begin
      with. In this case the system was tuned for mutual
      induction, since the coil systems shared a polar area.
      But what I learned in the meantime was significant.
      Varieties of a magnet stimulated system were made with
      the discovery of arcless high frequency. In the end I
      finally discovered a method of making a magnet send
      energy through space to another magnet via an arc
      gapped/neon connection. This is an incredible
      accomplishment. My magnets would actually hum and the
      high voltage process would emit prodigious ozone at
      high input power levels. I could go on and on about
      these things, but it would be simple to state the
      following. This binary resonant system could be
      connected to a utility strip, and even though one
      could (supposedly) shut the power down by the switch
      on the utility strip off position, voltage would still
      be in the system, where 60 volts to ground could be
      measured. Between that voltage potential to ground an
      intervening pathway of 24 winds of speaker wire
      surrounding a 3 inch stack of large 4 inch by 6 inch
      SrFe magnet wafers was put in place, then the ending
      speaker wire would measure 120 volts difference to
      ground. The magnet winding assembly essentially
      doubled the off position of voltage extraction from
      the utility switch. This was enough to light the
      smallest of neon bulbs sold by radio shack. I put the
      very small bulb at top of the grounded pole and left
      it run for several days. Then (luckily) one day
      lightning struck and momentarily knocked out the power
      to the house. I ran outside to see if the neon was
      still lit; it was not. The system was working through
      the power co. ground connection as a polar delivery or
      one ended wire transmission. I concluded that when the
      utility switch is turned to the off position, it does
      not break both of the connections to power, but leaves
      the grounded connection intact. It therefore is not a
      double pole/ double throw switch, but only a single
      one, where the "hot" prong of the 120 volts is
      disconnected, but the grounded path is left intact.
      The off position then still allows a one ended circuit
      connection for the circuit to develope a miniscule
      vibration. The use of magnets doubles that vibration.
      But it is enabled through the ground connection alone.
      It would probably be classified as illegally obtaining
      current from the power co, I dont know. The power co
      employs a system where the ground is placed between
      the two opposite 120 volt deliveries: the "center tap"
      of the the "bifilar" step down tranformer is grounded
      at the pole. I had the opportunity to try this
      "neutral" current extraction with much larger current
      delivery 60 hz resonant systems, but never thought to
      explore it. Perhaps the idea is worth merit. However
      those coils were used for different experimentation
      with my own alternator powered electrical system @ 480
      hz. That system while electrically isolated from
      ground will still light a neon to a ground connection
      also, but it does not do a blinking process. Perhaps
      the idea of using the ground in connection with power
      schemes is still in its infancy. Nevertheless I have
      some fruitful schemes for the future, but these
      involve massive expenditures involving HUGE coil
      systems. One of the problems that seem insurmountable
      is the construction of an actual coil system that
      could resonate to the earths supposed natural resonant
      frequency, in the 7 - 12 hz range. What other
      theorists have neglected to realize is that the
      propagation of an electrical impulse, while normally
      considered to be the speed of light in a straight line
      wire: this propagation speed can be enormously reduced
      by constructing coils of massive internal capacity; in
      fact I have an experimental coil where that velocity
      is reduced 13 fold.

      Note, my usage of the term bifilar is unique, and does
      not merely mean "adjacent" winds as shown in Tesla's
      "Coil for Electromagnets" A center tap secondary of a
      transformer is often refered to as containing bifilar
      winds. I DO NOT KNOW THE SPECIFIC METHOD OF WINDINGS
      EMPLOYED ON THOSE TRANSFORMERS, and thus I invite
      comments on that category, as I could be wrong on the
      subject. However two opposite AC signals are produced,
      and they have a common "neutral" ground.
      The magnetic flux in the transformer core contained by
      those secondary windings are identical. Thus it seems
      possible that for both of these windings to be
      producing opposite AC impulses, they might be wound
      in opposite directions to achieve that result. Now
      take the inverse of that idea employing spirals where;
      A BIFILAR SPIRAL LAYERING AS AN EXAMPLE IS WOUND
      CLOCKWISE FROM THE OUTSIDE IN: AND THEN FOR THE SECOND
      LAYER IT IS WOUND CLOCKWISE FROM THE INSIDE OUT. Again
      analogy wise we have two different directions of
      windings, both clockwise and counterclockwise as
      viewed from above, but the current directions in those
      spirals are also opposite, so they produce magnetic
      fields in unity so no magnetic cancellation takes
      place. The IMMENSE confusion that happens is that
      folks sometimes confuse the term "BIFILAR" with two
      oppositely wound coils that instead produce magnetic
      cancellation. I refer to this spiral method yeilding
      magnetic unity as 1 dimensional bifilar horizontal
      layering, because it models in reverse what is noted
      as the bifilar winds of a center tap transformer. The
      spiral winded coil that reduces the light speed 13
      fold employs that kind of layering in an aray of 20 by
      30 winds. If those spirals winding routes were
      rearranged for a 2 dimensional analogy of what occurs
      by increasing relative voltage between windings, now
      done on both a horizontal AND vertical basis; a
      typical case example shows almost a further 6 fold
      increase in relative internal capacity contained for
      both case examples. This then would be at least a 78
      fold decrease in the electrical propagation velocity
      of the signal through the coil, vs its propagation
      velocity at the speed of light.

      If it were not possible to manipulate the propagation
      velocity of an electrical impulse through use of
      internal capacity, an earth resonant coil would have
      to be thousands of miles long. Before earth resonant
      coil systems can even be considered however, the
      making of a generator system where the impulse does
      not have the time period to reach the end of the wire
      must be constructed, to see the effects of load vs
      demand on such a system. The crux of the biscuit on
      this matter is magic square technology. The magic
      square is by no means a mathematical curiousity. What
      folks dont realize is that the magic square contains
      the code for constructing a two dimensional bifilar
      coil of THE MAXIMUM POSSIBLE INTERNAL CAPACITY.
      Pending certain financial gains to be achieved this
      year I will start work on such a possibility. The
      first of these visions include the possibility of
      construction of a 64 wind construct that in the first
      half of the AC cycle will appear as the normal wind
      method: but during the second half of the AC signal
      when the current is reversed, the coil appears as a
      magic square formation. Provided the generator is of a
      sufficiently high frequency, the magic square routing
      could theoretically supply a condition where the
      impulse does not have the time period necessary for a
      complete transversal of its pathway, thus to the
      generator the action appears identical to that of
      driving an open circuit. The 64 wind assembly itself
      will be constructed in such a manner that it produces
      power according to the laws of maxiumum energy
      transfer, where its open circuit voltage is twice that
      when driving the load. Thus the voltage on the magic
      square route should double, since it is analogous to
      driving a no load circuit. In fact switching schemes
      between load vs no load scenarios may not even be
      necessary, but it would be desirable to take this
      method as a first exploratory measure. What makes this
      scheme possible is the fact that given a normal
      winding route of 64 winds, where the impulse can make
      a complete impulse transmission, to change the routing
      on the second half of the cycle so that the winding
      routes are changed to magic square orientation
      containing the maximum possible internal capacity,
      only half of the connections need rerouting, which
      might be accomplished either mechanically by
      commutation, or by use of diodes. In a magic square
      construct of 64 winds, only half of the numbers
      representing winding positions need change places to
      become an ordinary uniform wound coil. This can be
      verified by comparing charts of the correctly formed
      squares. Another mind boggling thing about magic
      square formations is that if and when these things
      become possible it will also be possible to "encode"
      the way a magic square winding route is made at the
      generating station. It may turn out to be that
      recieving coils, using the earth itself as the medium
      of power transmision can vary those winding routes
      identically to the sending station, by connection of
      the encoded signal via ordinary wire means; thus
      mimicing the sending stations switching activity. What
      is not yet known mathematically is whether any
      variation of internal capacity would be made by making
      different switching routes, which initially sounds
      very doubtful. I have only scratched the surface of
      the mathematics involved here, only having done an
      analysis of the internal capacity increase for a 25
      unit magic square in which the following was noted;
      "Thus by this data then the 1-d bifilar has 31% more
      internal capacity as measured by these samplings then
      does its adjacent layering method, and further then
      the 2-d bifilar then has 590% more internal capacity
      than its 1-d method!
      From "True Meaning of Bifilar/ 2-d Bifilar
      Calculations"
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/teslafy/message/582

      But consider the following, given a construct of 100
      winds arranged to be a magic square by routing
      changes, it can be shown that at least 10 TRILLION
      different combinations of winding routes will achieve
      the same result of making a magic square formation.
      Sincerely Harvey D Norris

      Post Note; Tesla himself barely scratched the surface
      on this subject, but here are some of his statements
      from some 110 years ago...

      "I have found that in every coil there exists a
      certain relation between its self-induction and
      capacity that permits a current of given frequency and
      potential to pass through it with no other
      opposition than that of ohmic resistance, or, in other
      words, as though it possessed no self-induction. This
      is due to the mutual relations existing between the
      special character of the current and the
      self-induction and capacity of the coil, the latter
      quantity
      being just capable of neutralizing the self-induction
      for that frequency. It is well-known that the higher
      the frequency or potential difference of the current
      the smaller the capacity required to counteract the
      self-induction; hence, in any coil, however small
      the capacity, it may be sufficient for the purpose
      stated if the proper conditions in other respects be
      secured. In the ordinary coils the difference of
      potential between adjacent turns or spires is very
      small, so that while they are in a sense condensers,
      they possess but very small capacity and the relations
      between the two quantities, self-induction and
      capacity, are not such as under any ordinary
      conditions satisfy the requirements herein
      contemplated, because the capacity relatively to the
      self-induction is very small. "
      "In order to attain my object and to properly
      increase the capacity of any given coil, I wind it in
      such way as to secure a greater difference of
      potential between its adjacent turns or convolutions,
      and since the energy stored in the coil considering -
      the latter as a condenser, is proportionate to the
      square of the potential difference between its
      adjacent convolutions, it is evident that I may in
      this way secure by a proper disposition of these
      convolutions a greatly increased capacity for a given
      increase in potential difference between the turns."

      Nikola Tesla on his 1894 patent for internal capacity,
      COIL FOR ELECTROMAGNETS