Response to Francois

  • Doug Derbes
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 28, 2004
      Francois,

      Your first statement is correct. New phenomena of stable DC current
      in direction of poynting flow in the cavity conductor.

      I did not perform switching or pulsing by intermittantly connecting
      and disconnecting the capacitor plates or physically moving or
      rotating the magnets.

      When the magnetic field polarity and the electric field polarity in
      the cavity are constant the poynting flow direction in the cavity is
      fixed in one direction parallel to the wire.

      With the N face of one PM facing inward toward the interior of the
      cavity and the opposite side PM having its S face inward toward the
      cavity, the cavity conductor shows positive millivoltage. If this
      arrangement is reversed the cavity conductor shows negative
      millivoltage.

      It appears that the poynting flow direction in the cavity can be
      either up or down in the cavity parallel with the cavity conductor.
    • John Johnson
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 28, 2004
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 10, 2004
          Hi Ron,

          Thank you for the reply.
          I carried on a near experiment, replacing the wire by a magnetic tape
          doubled-up in order the magnetic material to be inside.
          The magnetic material is a bit conductor. The resistance of such a
          tape was around 2 Mohms/cm. The width of the strip was 3 mm and length
          2 cm.
          I glued a small electrode (Al foil) on each external side of the tape,
          and put the tape in the gap between 2 opposing poles of strong nb
          magnets in such a manner the electric field and the magnetic field to
          be at right angle.
          I connected an oscilloscope to observe the signal at each end of the
          tape. I applied 1 kV to my electrodes. Due to the thickness of the
          magnetic strip (0.1 mm), the electric field was about 10 Mv/m.

          I observed nothing except a very weak voltage. I think it's a leakage
          voltage because its direction depends on the direction of the electric
          field and not of the magnetic field.

          Fran├žois