Sept 19th/ Red Letter Day

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 17, 2004
      Most of us have pride that we see common sense. If someone exposes a
      riddle that he sees that goes against common sense, that should be
      acceptable. Either he is dumb, or the rest of them are dumb. I take
      the attitude here that I am not dumb, and will try to explain why
      that is so. So be it. If I can learn something new, that was the goal
      of the enquiry to begin with.

      Richard Hull calls this a red letter day in his
      study and commentary of Colorado Springs Notes. I just
      think that it is a good day to send things out, to
      make common sense of things, when none can normally be
      made.
      I was supposed to write an essay about paradoxes,
      using horse sences, or common sense. Easily done so
      they say. But not easily resolved.
      You can lead a Norris to water, but you cant make
      him drink. You can't convince the Norris that things
      are right, when he sees some glaring paradoxes.
      Of course, said the Norris, I must explain the
      greater picture here to otheres, so that they can
      understand the same way that I do, what the problem
      is, and the measures to find its correction.

      Bowing down to simpletons and common sense is no
      burden to me, but for others it may remain a great
      challenge. If you have five fingers on your hand,
      perhaps you can understand only five ideas, but this
      is enough to make a further understanding. That is a
      tool to be used, define the known and go into the
      unknown from there. Recollections of the BRS/part 2 is
      here. It only gives questions from answers. Due by
      Sept 19th, from being asked to write an essay. It is a
      good essay for simpletons.

      Sincerely Yours,
      Harvey D Norris