Re: TRG Hamfest Flier/ Not made Public

  • Karl
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 31 7:41 PM
      Have you tried a larger piece of Stontium ferrite?

      That could give you another value to work with.

      Either it doesn't get red hot, or it does.. either way you have a
      determination you can make based on that.

      Use 2 of the same Ferrite components side by side.

      I like your examinations and feel that you went far enough to validate
      the potential unique qualities here..

      I personaly believe you may have stumbled onto a Gabriel Cron open
      path type of thing.. maybe?

      The Strontium ferrite is open path right?

      so why not?

      I like what your doing though..

      Karl :)

      --- In teslafy@yahoogroups.com, "Harvey D Norris" <harvich@y...>
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 1, 2004
        --- Karl <shekinahguild@...> wrote:

        > Have you tried a larger piece of Stontium ferrite?
        Yes, two 3/8 width blocks were stacked together, but
        this would have not ordinarily worked. The stacked
        pieces had previously been subjected to the heating
        process, and the "fuse marks" aligned together This is
        shown at
        Close up/ two block conduction @ 45*1.7=76.5 watts.

        > That could give you another value to work with.
        Several different ideas exist about how to create and
        more efficiently harness the SrFe heating effect. It
        is difficult to make an assembly where we have 6
        electrode connections for all 6 flat surfaces, but
        that is a possible direction for application. In that
        case we can attempt a direct conversion of the heat
        back into electricity, but so far this does not seem
        feasible, because a voltage reading has been shown for
        output, but a short reading for amperage conduction
        shows little or no amperage flow on output. It seems
        literally like voltage without accompanying amperage,
        because the source has no free electrons, something
        like the electret phenomenon. By "Lorentz deflection"
        we are attempting to merely deflect the existing
        ferrite amperage at a right angle to that being made
        by its electrodes, by use of a strong orthogonal
        magnetic field, but the heat will easily demagnetize
        the neodymium, so we have to be cautious by the use of
        ceramic insulators. AC currents will be better for
        this idea then would DC currents, as is presently used
        for convenience. For each two connections a specific
        purpose is made.

        3 volt Lorentz deflection voltage via 44.9 volt, .7 A
        lengthwise SrFe heating current; process sandwiched
        via tile & NIB magnets
        http://groups.yahoo.com/group/teslafy/files/SP/Dsc00592.jpg

        Here the aluminum bars allow a DC current of .7A to
        go the 7/8ths length of the piece. The process will
        not heat the part red hot, as that 2.3 mh current
        limited METR sytem will not allow the voltage to
        climb to the higher value needed to cause the ferrite
        to loose enough resistance. Heat still developes
        however. The next dimension of action is not
        electrical, it is magnetic, with ceramic spacers
        placed between neodymium magnets, so that the magnetic
        field is at right angles to the current flow. (3/8
        in)The third dimension, (1/2 in) is the hoped for
        electrical output, shown by adding voltage meter
        probes on the remaining third right angle. Here only 3
        volts developes for the ~ 45 volt input. But we are
        simply not operating in the better efficency margin
        here...

        Later entry; Tue Mar 30, 2004
        Tripling of lorentz voltage noted with doubling of
        ferrite amperage.
        At 1.5 A one can read 10.5 DC deflection volts via
        45.5 volts input.

        My thinking is that we wish to have a circuit that can
        heat the ferrite EFFICIENTLY, at a lower temperature,
        without going to the red hot extreme, which destroys
        the part by crumbling after cooling. On the other hand
        it may be necessary to operate at that temperature in
        order to efficiently extract electricity from the
        piece, which in turn should siphon off heat from the
        piece. If the operating temperature could be reduced
        to just under the red hot portion, that would be
        ideal. It would seem to simply be a matter of
        impedance matching. The impedance of the METR spirals
        is 7 ohms, so for that particular example the best
        efficiency occurs when the ferrite heating also
        matches the 7 ohm value, but by then the part is red
        hot.

        When I refered to "switching gears" as a resonant
        action, it should be possible to use a higher q
        voltage system initially, (an entirely different
        collection of coils having a higher impedance matching
        to preheat the ferrite), then that system can be shut
        off, and the higher amperage METR system employed to
        gain the higher heats. As the system exists now, the
        7/8 inch length cannot be brought to the red hot
        portion of operation, so I theorize that subsidiary
        resonant systems can be added to try for that
        possibility. Numerous possibilities exist here,
        including having the resonant systems employed
        simultaneously, where high voltage AC is placed at
        right angles to the higher amperage DC. A lot of that
        stuff is just unknown effects until you try it, so it
        is on the schedule. I am now adding a 20 coil higher q
        system ( Q ~ 50) INSIDE the present METR 8.5 Q system
        as a second stage of resonant voltage rise, and
        further ferrite heating experiments can be made from
        there.

        3 phase DSR within DSR schematic shows the idea there

        It is not known what would happen if we gave both the
        outside and 2nd generation resonances identical loads,
        which is why we might first try giving each system a
        different electrode angle on the ferrite, where both
        DC and higher voltage AC could be imposed upon the
        piece at different angles. Sounds a bit like Searl's
        imagination there, where he claimed to have
        "conditioned ferrite" by superimposing an AC signal on
        a DC one.

        A better application for the ferrite calorimetry water
        flow experiments would be to have thinner metal walls,
        and instead use a triangular tube for flat surfaces,
        and then to employ three blocks heated by three phase
        WYE connections. Two of these have been made as shown
        at;

        Here instead we use dual AC resonant interphasings of
        the triple METR voltage rises, having two
        pathways and two AC ferrite energy releases. One
        conditioned part fired first before the other
        instantly flared up.

        Dual AC ferrite conductions from 3 METR midpts/
        amperage meas. on single branch
        http://groups.yahoo.com/group/teslafy/files/SP/Dsc00600.jpg

        So far however I have not succeeded in getting all 3
        phases to produce the heating factor. Once two phases
        are energized, the voltage is reduced on the remaining
        phase, so that it does not go into the red heat range.
        It is here where a subsidiary voltage rise circuit
        could be employed to additionally get that phase
        working in the correct range of operation.

        Some outside help on this project has also appeared,
        with parts soon to be sent out to look for any
        remanent radioactivity from the Strontium, as it might
        be possible that isotopes of Strontium are appearing.
        Calorimetry observations will be repeated using the
        existant water flow device shown at

        Water Flow Sr Fe Heat extraction
        http://groups.yahoo.com/group/teslafy/files/SP/Dsc00652.jpg
        Tests show dismal performance of heating element,
        raises F temp of 8 liters of water 10 degrees F after
        30 min of circulation. 19.4 DC
        Volts enables 4.4 A thru heating element.

        I will later show some calculations from the
        calorimetry expert that concludes that this
        temperature rise actually isnt that bad of a
        efficiency, but it is better now to make a demo with
        less quantity of water, and a better heat rise to make
        better conclusions of the heating efficiency involved
        here. The water pump I used for that demo meant that a
        larger quantity of water flow was needed, but smaller
        volumes can be made without employing the pump, as it
        used a gravity siphon system for making the water
        flow.

        Sincerely Harvey D Norris

        > The Strontium ferrite is open path right?
        No two electrodes are always present to make
        electrical conduction through the piece itself.