Overzealous Destructions of Implements

  • harvich
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 4, 2002
      All the experimental apparatus' with these alternator experiments are
      made in the garage, where with below freezing temps, the heater has
      recently been fired up to continue research. Today a cold turn on of
      the 1 ohm 480 hz resonant circuit yeilds only .99 stator volts
      yeilding internal voltage rise of 4.5 volts enabling .54 A
      conduction. This was formerly some .8 A. Typically on turn on values
      rise, and seeing some 10 minutes pass during a check then shows no
      change from the initial no field observations, now being refered to
      as parametric, as others have named this so.

      Then the device in ordinary operation is turned on for 15 minute
      test. A 20 volt variac enables 10, then 11 stator volts, And 50 volts
      internal enabling a 6.5 amp consumption. Halfway thru test it was
      decided to increase levels as I am posting this during testing, and
      running back and forth. Now the wires are conducting 12 amps with a
      92 volt internal voltage rise enabled by a 21 volt stator, by 30 volt
      variac. The characteristic whine of a load down becomes apparent.

      Returning to the garage to close the 30 min. experiment, I found the
      wisdom of not conducting large amperage experiments like this
      unnattended.
      All the measured instruments showed no heat initially at 12 amps,
      EVEN THOUGH I AM USING RADIO SHACK THIN GAUGE ORDINARY ALLIGATOR CLIP
      CONNECTIONS BETWEEN COMPONENTS! Of course when I first did this I
      knew it was incorrect for larger amperage consumptions, but I had
      gradually noticed it was safe to run those larger amperages thru the
      wires. At 12 amps output the only element displaying some small heat
      was the alternator.

      Returning to the scene I find ZERO output, alternator quite hot, and
      27 volts at the stator. The secondary stator load has somehow come
      open, and checking for the solution proved problematic. The stator
      voltage reading with no field is now still functioning with 1.9
      volts, which means there must be quite an influence with this
      remanent magnetism business. The original purpose of reversing the
      field connections to show the dramatic differences are subterverted
      for now.

      It was then discovered that the amperage meter, in the unfused
      configuration that specifies a 20 Amp allowance, does not appear to
      allow 12 amps at 480 hz. Curse Radio Shack Again! 10 minutes of that
      operation appears to make it open connection! However I do not give
      up hope for its future operation. This is only the third casualty
      with alternator work using Radio Shack Meters.(actually more like 5,
      but some are cripples)

      Upon hooking this crippled meter back into the same circuit, I see
      that it will function conductivity when placed on the lower scale of
      being under 400 ma, whereupon the voltage reading across the resonant
      rise of the circuit is recorded by the additional meter. However the
      amperage meter at that selection displays overload, and switching
      this to the 20 A probe connection switch makes the circuit void, and
      non conductive, therefore that action of the meter to act in
      accordance with its operations is also ruled void. Perhaps the
      standard practice of placing the amperage measurement meter inside
      the LC combination might also put stress on that component, since the
      voltage rise occurs in a one sided manner there. Perhaps the
      recording of 12 amps that do not heat up small wires is itself a
      delusion brought about by the improper placement of the measuring
      instrument! And even going further inside some ideas< I have some
      specific info of testings of a sort of causuality loop, where I got
      a certain kind of stupid reward/

      A stupid reward is what they give you when you figure out why
      something doesnt work. I will get back to the work of making sensible
      devices do the same thing. HDN

      That history should also be noted. The first meter was incapacitated
      permanently in making a unballasted stator amperage reading from the
      ouputs hooked to the primary of the 10 KVA pole pig with the
      secondary connected to a 4 inch neon. This was before the days of
      sensible electrical knowledge concerning ballasting. In that
      scenario, apparently the resistance inherent in the discharge itself
      is entirely insufficient for not causing an amperage surge on the
      primary othe transformer. The meter measuring this surge might
      normally blow a fuse, but with RS' unfused meters, it means history.

      Later....