Ferrite Currents Tested as Inductive Reactance.

  • harvich
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 5, 2001
      The measured 1 nf ferrite capacitor being tested is rectangular
      dominoe stacked arrangement of 9 inch length, with 1 7/8 inch
      separation between aluminum foil plates, wrapped with saran wrap for
      adhesion of plates to ferrite, with 7/8 inch width of plates, for
      future Area of plates and dielectric constant calculations derived
      from this A/d ratio.. There is small variance between horiz and
      vertical configuration, due to pressure against plates ect, so here
      this is only average values posted as data, as we can say the ferrite
      cap is ~ 1 nf, where this is tested horiz for convenience.

      Previously the 1 nf ferrite was placed as a sample in series with a
      60 henry coil for resonance, and none was observed, indicating that
      the ferrite is only acting as resistance, with no component of
      capacitive reactance that should resonate with that coil.

      3 coil set up of these high induction coils on a heavy table is set
      to original arrangement of two 60.1 henry coils , where this one was
      used for a test, and also one at 57.9 henry. Mutual inductance is
      neglected for now. The smaller henry coil in the past has shown a
      disproportional better reactance consumption, which is duely noted
      again for future comparisons. But here the 60 henry coils reactance
      at 355,000 ohms given the 480 hz input means that 1 nf is the CORRECT
      capacity to be using in this arragement, where the same capacity more
      finely tuned at 1.08 nf plexiglass capacity would deliver an 8 fold Q
      voltage rise and concommitant higher 8 fold amperage conduction. It
      is the actual measurements of amperage conduction in higher voltage
      cases that then serves as a indicator for the actual voltage rise
      when it cannot be conveniently be measured. So here the 60 henries
      coil conduction of 1.8 ma @ 640 volt input again verifies that its
      impedance appears to be the higher value of 355,000 ohms, and again
      experiments have also verified that this equal reactance made
      capacitively is the correct one to resonate to. But the ferrite here
      appears impossible to resonate given the proper standards, where in
      fact a resonance of the material has already been done to some
      degree, or that WAS the consensus of fact.

      Resorting to cussing words goes into momentary delerium with the
      typical Irish expresssion of rage when theories dont match results,
      so that goes into the account also. But here it is realized that if
      this high reactance is not capacitive, now judged in relation to be
      only resitive, it should be shown then be compared to a known
      inductive reactance in series. For this, a value of one of the 14
      gauge of the DSR coils is chosen which typically exhibits 10-11 mh
      and ~ 1.2 ohms.

      LCR Meter not handy in post corroboration, so estimations of coil
      given. 14 gauge coil placed across solitary DSR midpoints(@12 volts
      stator) yeilds 2.43 volts yeiding a 27.7 ma conduction across coil.
      This is the coil that gets placed in series with the ferrite cap
      under identical stator voltage. Now the coil itself seems to show a
      little variance as to what might be suspected. The resistive
      quantity Z establishes ~ 87.7 ohms as a conduction estimated to be
      primarily due to inductive reactance, where the low resistance has
      little effect on that conduction primarily limited by the coils
      inductive reactance.

      In comparison the ferrite part was also tested again, soltary to DSR
      input.. A 10 minute test was made with turn on showing 240 volts
      across part making a 19 ma conduction on turn on, and midpoint
      voltage reduced to 208 volts making a 23.5 ma conduction at end of
      test, with 13 to 14 volt stator rise of voltage by increased
      conductivity of interphasal pathway, also higher impedance seen by
      stator source,( ect a category of wide stator voltage over time made
      by improper cap filter value, and 120 pulse/sec interaction) Now the
      stator voltage was turned up to the higher 40 volt levels again to
      show the non- linear ferrite conduction which became 83 ma at
      impressed 226 volts after some running time. This gives the first
      resistive figure to be attained for in comparison tests where that
      impedance would be 226/.083= 2627 ohms. The the voltage was turned
      back to former levels, where then the currents were reduced to 21.6
      ma, but only with 156 volts appearing across the midpoints.(Ferrite
      conductivity also returns to former levels slowly) That would be an
      acting impedance of over 7000 ohms, used for a better than actual
      conduction for comparison at the standard voltage conduction levels
      noted as 12 volts. The standard voltage given identical rectified
      variac voltage input varies with impedance loads to a semi wide
      degree, but large variances dont cotton to small ones.

      Heating was now observed on the opposite ends of ferrite piece
      lengthwise, from where formerly this was nearest to the wire
      connections with the cylindrical part formerly tested. A standing
      wave exibiting conduction is localized on the part, similar to a
      tesla coil secondary.

      Now when the 11 mh inductive reactance, but very low resistance near
      1.2 ohms, is placed across the solitary DSR midpoint, there is a
      CERTAIN THEORY OF COMMON SENSE that should be in evidence.
      The "theory of Common Sense" states that an interior branchway must
      be "current limited by impedance" by the branches that serve it.
      Unfortunately in my case, some great errors must have been made,
      since the ways and means of manufacturing the heretical principle
      seem possible. But here the volume of a "solitary delta short
      current" is about 35 MA, where formerly this was noted about 6 ma
      when all three of them were delta shorted, with equal stator voltage
      input.

      Whether, one, two or three are shorted also means possible variances
      of action: like a puzzle the start is from the beginning. The
      illogical procurement of current in a branch by adding reactance or
      resistance to that branch, where it then delivers more amperage on
      that branch than would exist if a short were there; generally might
      be attributed to errors in measurement, or some other disclaimer, as
      such a thing does not readily seem possible, and the deceptions of
      using two of three phases, or total perpective being lost would seem
      to be possible.

      The ferrite 1 nf (supposed by past definitions!) part placed in
      series with the 11 mh coil on turn on conducts 13 ma. time tested
      later rise to 18.5 ma with 220 volts across L/ferrite. Compared to
      the former solitary 27.7 ma conduction made at equal stator voltages,
      we have concluded the majority of that current was due to inductive
      reactance, and not resistance, due to registered impedance as the
      only real world observation to be observed as real acting components,
      versus ideal.

      The definition of a reactive component displaying a 45 degree phase
      angle is often considerate to those who made the definition. That is
      the case when X(L)=R. While not appearing as an obvious statement, it
      should be. It means that practically all assumed statements where it
      is made that the current is 90 degrees out of phase with the voltage
      in a reactive circuit are rendered as a decision made relatively to a
      lower court, NOT brought to a higher court by reasoning. The higher
      court is like the outer DSR, that limits the current across its
      interphasal branches by impedance of the reactive components in that
      tank sharing line.

      So here it is shown alone that a inductive reactance of 78 ohms will
      allow 27.7 ma conduction with 2.45 volts appearing as its load by
      higher court. Alone the ferrite will be allowed a similar conduction
      with 23.5 ma conduction at 208 volts,roughly a Q fold higher voltage
      vs conduction. Together in series they exibit 18.5 ma @ 220 volts,
      thus~ the conduction ratio18.5/27.7= ~.666

      Thus 1/3 more impedance has been added to the load, if one third less
      conduction results. But I am also looking into these mathematical
      practices of malfeasance! In any case by that reasoning the
      conclusion becomes the fact that the ferrite only acts as 78/3= 26
      ohms when placed in series with the coil. But when it is by itself it
      can be 7000 to 2000, depending how hard the issue is pressed. Talk
      about a grid current?

      Thus we are hard pressed to present a possible new reactance
      coordinate in three dimensions to explain these actions, if need be
      so.

      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 18, 2004
        --- In teslafy@yahoogroups.com, "harvich" <harvich@y...> wrote:
        > The measured 1 nf ferrite capacitor being tested is rectangular
        > dominoe stacked arrangement of 9 inch length,, with 7/8 inch width
        of plates,
        (SNIPPICH)
> [...]
        >
        > Heating was now observed on the opposite ends of ferrite piece
        > lengthwise, from where formerly this was nearest to the wire
        > connections with the cylindrical part formerly tested. A standing
        > wave exibiting conduction is localized on the part, similar to a
        > tesla coil secondary.
        >
        > Now when the 11 mh inductive reactance, but very low resistance
        near
        > 1.2 ohms, is placed across the solitary DSR midpoint, there is a
        > CERTAIN THEORY OF COMMON SENSE that should be in evidence.
        > The "theory of Common Sense" states that an interior branchway must
        > be "current limited by impedance" by the branches that serve it.
        > Unfortunately in my case, some great errors must have been made,
        > since the ways and means of manufacturing the heretical principle
        > seem possible. But here the volume of a "solitary delta short
        Note; specifying a short current without specifying the stator
        voltage is useless, but from context here I think the operating
        voltage here may have been near 12 volts, where the former estimate
        at 20 volts was 88 ma obtainable by short, so this figure seems near
        correct from projections...