Re: school question

  • eric
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 26, 2002
      I was told in high school about how Westinghouse did a contract for an electric chair
      using
      AC to try to scare people into using DC.

      My electric motor profs mentioned Tesla. Of course the unit "tesla" relating to magnetic
      field, and the term Tesla coil make his name still honored. He was ahead of his time.

      that being said, I personally think he was nuts at the end of his years. to the best of
      my knowledge, none of his really extraordinary claims have been done in about 70 years
      of searching by people all over the world. I don't really know how much he should
      be credited for developing radio transmission.

      By the way, the following ZPE energy device ad is a hoax:
      http://www.thinkgeek.com/stuff/looflirpa/zero.shtml