tesla cross post

  • Eric Krieg
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 1, 2000
      Hi folks,

      a bunch of people are on the tesla@onelist.com list - there just
      hasn't been much discussion. Just for your interest, here is
      an example of discussion going on on the main list:

      Eric Krieg eric@...

      http://www.phact.org/e/more.htm
    • eric krieg
      Message 2 of 3 , May 7, 2001
        the following is pretty kooky. I'm no expert on Tesla, but I wasn't aware that
        he didn't accept the limit of C.

        ================
        Subject: Fifty-Times-Lightspeed Nikola Tesla!
        Date: Wed, 02 May 2001 20:34:31 +0000
        From: millennium <mtwain@...>
        To: AetherPhysics05 <mtwain@...>

        Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2001 16:19:31 +0000
        To: Aleksandar Milinkovic <ponipres@...>
        CC: AetherPhysics <mtwain@...>

        Aleksandar!

        Thanks again for the reference, but unfortunately the discussion of
        'Fifty-Times-Lightspeed' proton signals was NOT included in the:

        "Literary Digest", 7 November 1931, page 28

        Below is the transcription of that article, forwarded to me by Chuck
        Ames <amescha@...>, and by Zack Widup <w9sz@...>!

        [80k jpg of "Literary Digest" article available, just ask].

        The article is good, calling attention to the idiocy of the relativity
        coIntel, mass increase, etc. -- but it in NO way details, or even
        mentions, Tesla's thoughts and pronouncements on proton or proton
        aether/signal velocities of 50 Vc.

        Do you know the 50 Vc reference?

        [Will forward this to the AetherPhysics list, with a further request for
        assistance ...]

        Superluminal regards,

        Millennium

        No High-Speed Limit, Says Tesla

        SPEEDS GREATER THAN THAT OF LIGHT, which are deemed impossible by the
        Einstein theory of relativity, have been produced by Dr. Nikola Tesla,
        it is asserted by Dr. Tesla in an interview with Hugo Gernsback,
        published in Everyday Science and Mechanics (New York).

        Asserting that the Einstein theory is in many respects erroneous, Dr.
        Tesla stated that as early as 1900, in his patent 787,412, he showed
        that the current of his radio-power transmitter had passed over the
        earth's surface with a speed of 292,830 miles a second. The highest
        possible speed in the universe according to the Einstein theory is that
        of light, 186,300 miles a second. Mr. Gernsback adds:

        "Dr. Tesla informs me further that he knows of speeds several times
        greater than that of light; and he has designed apparatus with which he
        expects to project so-called electrons with a speed equal to twice that
        of light.

        "It is one of the principal tenets of the relativity theory that the
        mass of a body increases with it's speed, and would become infinite at
        the speed of light. Therefore no speeds greater than light are
        possible."

        Tesla also disagrees with the part of the Einstein theory which states
        that the mass of an object increases with its speed. The mass of a body
        is unalterable, contends Dr. Tesla, according to the article, "otherwise
        energy could be produced from nothing, since the kinetic energy acquired
        in the fall of a body would be greater than that necessary to lift it at
        a small velocity."

        Literary Digest, 7 November 1931, page 28

        --
        http://www.phact.org/e/
      • David Thomson
        Message 3 of 3 , May 8, 2001
          the following is pretty kooky. I'm no expert on Tesla, but I wasn't aware
          that
          he didn't accept the limit of C.

          Check out this link that appeared on Elf-Rad just yesterday...

          http://164.195.100.11/netacgi/nph-Parser?Sect1=PTO1&Sect2=HITOFF&d=PALL&p=1&
          u=/netahtml/srchnum.htm&r=1&f=G&l=50&s1='6025810'.WKU.&OS=PN/6025810&RS=PN/6
          025810

          It's about an invention just last year that can supposedly broadcast RF
          signals at faster than light speed.

          BTW, Einstein also accepted that there is a faster-than-light speed, whether
          he admitted it or not. He stated that energy is equal to mass times the
          square of the speed of light. The values for energy and mass are thus
          related by the acceleration of light at the rate of 186,000 miles per second
          per second. If there could truly NOT be a faster than 186,000 miles per
          second, then how could energy be related to mass times the acceleration of
          light?

          Tesla believed that there is an ether and that the ether was continually
          expanding at a very rapid rate. Ether is not light, it is the media in
          which light propogates. My view is that the universe would have to be
          continually expanding in order to continually pump energy into the universe
          to keep it vibrating. If electrons are both waves and particles and have
          mass, then their oscillations would be damped if there were no constant
          power source and the universe would simply evaporate into nothing. Yet
          electrons have continuous oscillations and remain near absolutely constant,
          so far, over 15 billion years. Electrons must be getting their constant
          power source from somewhere and the ether is the best candidate.

          Keep in mind, "continually expanding" of the ether does not mean time or
          space are necessarily expanding. I'm referring specifically to the ether,
          the media of what time, space and light are observed in. If the ether is
          expanding at a constant acceleration, all elements of time, space and light
          will appear to be relatively constant. The fact that the physical universe
          (time and space) is also expanding is due to the observed effects of mass
          and energy.

          Dave