RE: [tesla] re: Tesla in Science Fiction

  • Maureen Campbell
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 30, 2010
      Well, there was The Five Fists of Science:
      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Five_Fists_of_Science

      peace,
      Maureen

      ==================
      ~ Twinkle, dammit! ~
    • dave pierson
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 6, 2010
        > > Does anybody know of any decent Sci-Fi books that feature Tesla's
        > > work?
        > > I've searched online, but haven't really come up with anything...
        > Not STRICTLY to the question, however in a 'detective story series'
        > written and set in 1910ish vintage New York City, Tesla DOES make
        > an appearance, in person, named. If there is interest I can dig
        > out the book. (I hope...)
        Oooopsie, sort of.

        Digging, in the designated, place:
        Craig Kennedy, Scientific Detective
        Arthur Reeve
        1910

        (So far so good, but)

        The story line and, specifically, the appearance by Tesla,
        are not to be found. A related story, with specific mention
        of Tesla, and his inventions _is_ there.

        The Terror in the Air.

        If interested:

        google books, search by authour (Arthur Reeve) and Tesla

        brings up access to a 'full view' copy: one story in an
        anthology (Titled: The Silent Bullet).

        (Here's the direct URL: I'm guessing it will be busted...

        http://books.google.com/books?id=y2EXAAAAYAAJ&pg=PA282&dq=tesla+inauthor:arthur+inauthor:reeve&hl=en&ei=fMyETI3RO4L-8AanpMDLAg&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CC0Q6AEwAA#v=onepage&q=tesla%20inauthor%3Aarthur%20inauthor%3Areeve&f=false

        )

        New dwp: dave_p@...