Tesla coil spark gap

  • Ted Bej
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 22, 2008
      I decieded to give my spark gaps a cleaning removing the carbon. Now I
      can't seem to get the spark gaps back into sink. Either the gaps are to
      far apart or too close.(These are static spark gaps not rotary) Now the
      coil is prettty much useless it has no where the power output it used
      to it sort of fizzels even with the the break out point. Its a pretty
      much dead coil. What to do?
      THAKS
      Ted
    • davep@quik.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 23, 2008
        > I decided to give my spark gaps a cleaning removing the carbon. Now I
        > can't seem to get the spark gaps back into sink. Either the gaps are to
        > far apart or too close.(These are static spark gaps not rotary) Now the
        > coil is pretty much useless it has no where the power output it used
        > to it sort of fizzels even with the the break out point. Its a pretty
        > much dead coil. What to do?
        > THANKS
        I'd check the area around the gap.
        When something similar happens top me, it sometimes means
        I broke something else while working on things...

        best
        dwp