FW: UPDATE - California Registration Deadline - January 22nd 5:00 PM

  • George Baaden
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 21, 2008

      Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 19:53:28 -0500
      To: georgebaadenrs@...
      From: ca@...
      Subject: UPDATE - California Registration Deadline - January 22nd 5:00 PM

      January 21, 2008

      I have an urgent request.

      Over the past several years, many Republicans have left the party out of a feeling of disenfranchisement, disenfranchised because they felt that the GOP has abandoned the ideals of Robert Taft, Barry Goldwater and Ronald Reagan.

      These voters who have left the Republican Party may be your friends, family, co-workers or they may even live right next door to you.

      Please consider this: In Iowa and New Hampshire, 40% of independent voters supported Ron Paul. This is also the case in California. A margin of 40% is significant enough to change the course of an election. With the closed primary designed to favor anointees like John McCain and Rudy Giuliani, your effort now is required to win the delegates needed to keep our campaign going.

      Not just going - but given the brokered national convention this year - going to WIN!!!

      THE TIME IS NOW

      From now until 5:00 PM on Tuesday, January 22, it is imperative that we identify those Republicans who have left the party and who are now independents and decline-to-state voters. Find them and register them as Republicans for Ron Paul!

      It is time to realize that we are fighting for our lives and the life of our Republic. If your commitment to honest elections, freedom, and liberty was ever needed, it is now.

      I ask you to please help us in the next 2-1/2 days by doing the following:

      • Mobilize your groups and friends to identify independent and decline-to-state voters. Forget all other parties.
      • Highlight these voters on your precinct walking lists. Only knock on these doors.
      • Canvassing should be brief and designed to identify potential voters:
      Hello, have you heard of Ron Paul? yes/no
      What do you think of him?

      Are you registered to vote? As a supporter, you must be registered Republican to vote for Dr. Paul on Feb 5th....here is a voter registration form.

      Something to that effect. If you identify supporters of other candidates, just thank them for their time and move on.

      Be sure to note the results on your walk list.

      If you have not signed up yet to walk precincts, please do so at http://voters.ronpaul2008.com. Once you register, you can print out a walk list and begin right away.

      Where possible, please bring completed Voter Registration Forms directly to your county registrars office on Tuesday before 5 pm.
      If possible, take the day off work on Tuesday to collect as many new voters possible.

      This is not a drill. There is no time to waste. The future of freedom is at stake.

      In liberty,

      Holly Clearman
      CA State Coordinator
      Ron Paul 2008 Presidential Campaign Committee
      ca@...

      Paid for by the Ron Paul 2008 Presidential Campaign Committee