MOTHERS DAY THOUGHTS FROM CAUS.

  • Jim Crews
    Message 1 of 1 , May 9, 1999
      Hope that you all enjoy this. If you havent thought of your Mother in a
      while, why not give her a thought today. If she is still here on Earth,
      why not give her a call and let her know that you still love her.

      Jim

      ----------
      From: UFOLAWYER1@...
      To: CAUSupdates
      Subject: [CAUS updates] - Non-UFO Sunday--In Honor of Mom
      Date: Sunday, May 09, 1999 12:15 AM

      Dear Friends:

      Mothers...we blame them for all our problems but we wouldn't be here
      without
      them. It was only later in my life that I realized that in this three
      dimensional movie called life, I chose my parents for, amongst other
      reasons,
      their limitations and shortcomings. That relationship or the lack thereof,

      was my initial programming which formed the basis of my eventual need for
      integration and search for self-discovery.

      Many years and experiences later I realized mom did the best she could
      under
      the circumstances and with the tools she was given by her parents. I was
      fortunate�I was able to heal and resolve our issues before she passed on
      several years ago. My mom might have been incapable of expressing love,
      but
      there is no doubt that she always did care about me�as do all mothers in
      their own way. I am eternally grateful.

      The following Mothers Day tribute is in honor of all Mothers everywhere:

      THE DASH

      I know of a son who stood to speak
      at the funeral of his mother and friend
      He referred to the dates on her tombstone
      from the beginning ------ to the end.

      He noted that first came the date of her birth
      and spoke of the following date with tears,
      but he said what mattered most of all
      was the dash between those years.

      For that dash represents all the time
      that she spent alive on earth,
      and now only those who loved her
      know what that little line is worth.

      For it matters not, how much we own;
      the cars, the house the cash.
      What matters is how we live and love
      and how we spend our dash.

      So think about this long and hard,
      are there things you'd like to change?
      For you never know how much time is left.
      (You could be at "dash midrange.")

      If we could just slow down enough
      to consider what's true and real,
      and always try to understand
      the way our mothers feel.

      And be less quick to anger,
      and show appreciation more
      and love the mother in our lives
      like we've never loved before.

      If we treat our moms with respect,
      and more often wear a smile,
      remembering that this special dash
      might only last a little while.

      So, when your mom's eulogy is being read
      with her life's actions to rehash...
      would you be pleased with the things they say
      about how you were part of your mom's dash?

      THINGS MY MOMMY TOLD ME

      My Mother taught me LOGIC...
      "If you fall off that swing and break your neck,
      you can't go to the store with me."

      My Mother taught me MEDICINE...
      "If you don't stop crossing your eyes,
      they're going to freeze that way."

      My Mother taught me TO THINK AHEAD...
      "If you don't pass your spelling test,
      you'll never get a good job!"

      My Mother taught me ESP...
      "Put your sweater on;
      don't you think that I know when you're cold?"

      My Mother taught me TO MEET A CHALLENGE...
      "What were you thinking?
      Answer me when I talk to you...
      Don't talk back to me!"

      My Mother taught me HUMOR...
      "When that lawn mower cuts off your toes,
      don't come running to me."

      My Mother taught me how to BECOME AN ADULT...
      "If you don't eat your vegetables,
      you'll never grow up.

      My mother taught me ABOUT SEX...
      "How do you think you got here?"

      My mother taught me about GENETICS...
      "You are just like your father!"

      My mother taught me about my ROOTS...
      "Do you think you were born in a barn?"

      My mother taught me about the WISDOM of AGE...
      "When you get to be my age, you will understand."

      My mother taught me about ANTICIPATION...
      "Just wait until your father gets home."

      My mother taught me about RECEIVING...
      You are going to get it when we get home.

      And my all time favorite thing -- JUSTICE
      "One day you will have kids, and I hope they
      turn out just like YOU. then you'll see
      what it's like."

      WHEN MOTHER CAME TO TEA
      By Margie M. Coburn
      >From Chicken Soup for the Mother's Soul
      Copyright 1998 Jack Canfield, Mark Victor Hansen,
      Jennifer Read Hawthorne, Marci Shimoff

      I had no idea she would be there. My apologies for her absence had
      been well-rehearsed.

      When my high school home economics teacher announced that we would be
      having a formal mother-daughter tea, I felt certain I would not be
      serving my mother at this special event.

      So I will never forget walking into the gaily decorated gym -- and
      there she was! As I looked at her, sitting calmly and smiling, I
      imagined all the arrangements this remarkable woman must have had to
      make to be able to be with me for that one hour.

      Who was looking after Granny? She was bedridden following a stroke,
      and Mom had to do everything for her.

      My three little sisters would be home from school before Mom got
      there. Who would greet them and look at their papers?

      How did she get here? We didn't own a car and she couldn't afford a
      taxi. It was a long walk to get the bus, plus at least five more
      blocks to the school.

      And the pretty dress she was wearing, red with tiny white flowers, was
      just right for the tea. It brought out the silver beginning to show
      in her dark hair. There was no money for extra clothes, and I knew
      she had gone into debt again at our coal company store to have it.

      I was so proud! I served her tea with a happy, thankful heart, and
      introduced her boldly to the group when our turn came. I sat with my
      mother that day, just like the rest of the class, and that was very
      important to me. The look of love in her eyes told me she understood.

      I have never forgotten. One of the promises I made to myself and to
      my children, as young mothers make promises, was that I would always
      be there for them. That promise is difficult to keep in today's busy
      world. But I have an example before me that puts any lame excuses to
      rest. I just recall again when Mother came to tea.

      WHEN A MOTHER BLOWS OUT 75 CANDLES
      By Alice Collins
      Submitted by Geraldine Doyle
      >From Chicken Soup for the Mother's Soul
      Copyright 1998 Jack Canfield, Mark Victor Hansen,
      Jennifer Read Hawthorne, Marci Shimoff

      She secretly hopes a tank of oxygen is one of her gifts.

      Through the years she has hollered, said and prayed, "Jesus, Mary and
      Joseph, grant me patience!" 1,245,187 times.

      Her hands have hung diapers on pulley clotheslines, sterilized
      bottles, carried babies from the third-floor apartment, ironed
      sunsuits and proudly pushed baby buggies.

      She has peeled more potatoes than six marines on K.P. duty.

      Her hair has been set in steel curlers, permed, rinsed with Nestle's
      coloring capsules, and styled in pageboys, the poodle look and the
      beehive hairdo; been permed again and turned silver.

      The "parlor" was where she entertained company, the "pantry" held the
      groceries, the "icebox" held a pint of ice cream, and the "wringer
      washing machine" was hers to use on Tuesday.

      She has earned her nursing degree through measles, chicken pox, mumps,
      pneumonia, polio, TB, fevers, stitches, flu, fractured arms and broken
      hearts.

      At one time or another her closet held housedresses, feathered hats,
      white gloves, skirts with short hemlines and with long hemlines, pants
      suits, billowy dresses of chiffon, sheath dresses, a Sunday coat and
      the Christmas toys she ordered from the Sears catalog.

      Her heart has known the ecstasy of a man's love, the joy of children,
      the heartbreak of their mistakes, the warmth of life's friendships,
      the celebration of weddings, the magnificent blessings of
      grandchildren and great-grandchildren.

      Who can count the floors she scrubbed, the dinners she cooked, the
      birthday gifts she wrapped, the spelling words she listened to, the
      bedtime stories she read, the excuses she heard, the prayers she
      whispered to God each day?

      Her arms have rocked generations of babies. Her hands have prepared
      countless "favorite" dishes. Her knees have knelt in prayer time and
      time again for those she loved. Her mouth has kissed owwies that
      hurt. Her back has bent to bathe dirty cowboys, pick up teens'
      clothes, gather flowers from her garden and grow old.

      She has journeyed through life with its tears and laughter, watching
      yesterday's sunsets become tomorrow's sunrises of hope and promise.
      Because of her and the man who took her hand, family life and love
      continue through the generations.

      When a mother blows out 75 candles, blessed are they who surround her
      with their love.

      FREE MOTHERS DAY GIFTS

      1) THE GIFT OF LISTENING...
      But you must REALLY listen.
      No interrupting, no daydreaming, no planning your response.
      Just listening.

      2) THE GIFT OF AFFECTION...
      Be generous with appropriate hugs,
      kisses, pats on the back and handholds.
      Let these small actions demonstrate the
      love you have for family and friends.

      3) THE GIFT OF LAUGHTER...
      Clip cartoons.
      Share articles and funny stories.
      Your gift will say, "I love to laugh with you."

      4) THE GIFT OF A WRITTEN NOTE...
      It can be a simple
      "Thanks for the help" note or a full sonnet.
      A brief, handwritten note may be remembered for
      a lifetime, and may even change a life.

      5) THE GIFT OF A COMPLIMENT...
      A simple and sincere,
      "You look great in red," "You did a super job"
      or "That was a wonderful meal"
      can make someone's day.

      6) THE GIFT OF A FAVOR...
      Every day, go out of your way to do something kind.

      7) THE GIFT OF SOLITUDE...
      There are times when we want nothing better than to be left alone.

      Be sensitive to those times and give the gift of
      solitude to others.

      8) THE GIFT OF A CHEERFUL DISPOSITION...
      The easiest way to feel good is to extend a
      kind word to someone, really it's not that hard to say,
      Hello or Thank You.

      May your all have a wonderful Mothers Day. And if there is someone
      somewhere
      who still has not forgiven his/her mother for something in the
      past...please
      try to remember that she did the best she could under the
      circumstances...and
      you did choose her to be your mom for just that reason. Maybe its time for

      that telephone call or visit you have been putting off.

      Peace, balance & harmony.

      Sir Peter of Sedona
      Be sure to visit the CAUS web site at http://caus.org

      Served by TheHostPros.com - http://TheHostPros.com