Questions about the history

  • joemiachealmorgan
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 17, 2005
      Hello to everyone:
      I am a new member of this discussion group but I am pleased to find
      that there are others who are interested in the subject and the man.
      I have been studying Telsa on my own for about a year and a half now
      and there always seems to be new aspects of Telsa's life and
      inventions to be discovered.

      Recently I started looking into the events surrounding his death and
      I saw a detail that attracted my interest. Of course there is the
      whole controversy about the missing papers alledgedly removed from
      his hotel, The New Yorker, in the hours after his death. However,
      something else I saw that seemed more interesting.

      According to the FBI documents, when Telsa was unable to pay his
      debt to a hotel in which he was staying, he gave them one of his
      inventions as a kind of payment. This device was kept in their safe
      and the FBI for security reasons attempted to take the invention.
      The hotel staff refused unless the debt was paid.

      Does anyone else know any further details about the invention and
      what became of it? Any information would be helpful. You may examine
      the de-classified FBI documents at
      http://www.ballistichelmet.org/school/special/tesla1.pdf

      Also, upon Telsa's death, his self proclaimed cousin (or nephew?)
      Sava N. Kosanovic, a man, according to the FBI files, Tesla
      intensely disliked, apparently had a locksmith open a safe in
      Telsa's hotel room and removed his diary and research papers. At the
      time, 1943, Korsonovich was the Yugoslavia ambassador and a
      suspected communist spy. Was this ever proven?

      See http://www.fbifile.com/fbifile-files.html for details.

      Finally, I read- I am unsure where and whether to put too much faith
      in this report- that before the war, Telsa traveled to Britain and
      attempted to develop a system of defensive plasma shields.
      Chamberlain at that same time was trying to placate Hitler and was
      eventually voted out of office and Churchill scrapped the entire
      plan. Later in this article, it states that the Soviet Union was
      very interested in Tesla's plan and actually paid him for his
      specifications. Has this been offically confirmed or merely hearsay?
      I am curious to know if any body out there has any further details
      about any of my queries.

      Thanks all.
      Mike