High energy ignition?

  • hotrodtruck13@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 17, 2003
      Hello, I'm a new member here.
      anyway I was thinking I could use some sort of Tesla coil on a
      V8 engine for the ignition, using magnetic switch aka solid state
      ignition. I'm not sure if points/condencer would even work.
      I want somthing compact but very powerful to have a big sparkplug
      gap. duel sparks would be nice too.
      also I need it all to run on 12 volts and not kill my battery.
      I'm not much of a scientist, it's mostly just a hobby messing with
      this stuff. autos/small engines are what I'm into, but I've followed
      Nikola Tesla for a while and would like to apply some of his stuff
      to improving engine performance.
      Thanks for any info!

      Shane. HRT13.