Re:Only English/American Name?!?!

  • Robert
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 3, 2007
      In working for Orlando Ghost Tours,I've heard alot of local stories
      and talked to alot of people...and this is what I heard...The people
      who owned the Terror in Orlando had gone on a trip to Spain and
      experienced the Original Passages of Terror, and they inquired about
      getting the license for a franchise location in the USA. And they got
      it,but were permitted to change the name in part.They felt Pasaje Del
      Terror wouldn't be right in Orlando,and since it was to be located on
      Church Street to call it "Terror"on Church Street. Anyway,thats the
      way I heard it told.

      --- In terroronchurchstreet@yahoogroups.com, Suzanne LaBatt
      <gypsyzuzu@...> wrote:

      > From what I understood, TOCS began in Spain, and they loaded up all
      the sets and gimmicks and took it to the land of the free- Orlando.
      When I was at Terror (92-93), they had a whole group go to Japan to
      try and open up a Terror there. So, I actually think if they could
      scare the snot of their own people (remember the Inquisition and the
      Torture room, people?), then they could go GLOBAL BABEE!!!

      > Ken Kupstis <kenkupstis@...> wrote: That is a bit
      weird...I'd go with the initial theory,
      > that it was an English/American Market.
      >
      > The Pasaje De Terror in Blackpool...it's possible that
      > the original Pasaje in Spain or wherever had a whole
      > lot of pre-designed logos, artwork and merchandise,
      > and it was just simpler or cheaper to use that stuff
      > than starting for scratch with a new name and brand.
      >
      > K.K.
      >
      > FREAK OUT at the K.K. CORRAL!
      > ROCK HER WORLD! A Man's Guide To Women, out NOW on www.Extasybooks.com
      > CLOWNWHITE: A COMEDY OF HORRORS at www.AuthorHouse.com
      > INHUMAN RESOURCES at www.Iuniverse.com
      > Preview VOODOO HIGHWAY at www.angelfire.com/tv2/voodoohighway
      > THIS WON'T HURT A BIT on Audio at www.CDbaby.com
      >

      > __________________________________________________________Ready for
      the edge of your seat?
      > http://tv.yahoo.com/
      >

      > ---------------------------------
      > Boardwalk for $500? In 2007? Ha!
      Yahoo! Games.

    • jc
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 6, 2007
        the creators of the spain terror built the orlando terror.

        --- In terroronchurchstreet@yahoogroups.com, "Robert"
        <seniorloco2001@...> wrote:

        > In working for Orlando Ghost Tours,I've heard alot of local stories
        > and talked to alot of people...and this is what I heard...The people
        > who owned the Terror in Orlando had gone on a trip to Spain and
        > experienced the Original Passages of Terror, and they inquired about
        > getting the license for a franchise location in the USA. And they got
        > it,but were permitted to change the name in part.They felt Pasaje Del
        > Terror wouldn't be right in Orlando,and since it was to be located on
        > Church Street to call it "Terror"on Church Street. Anyway,thats the
        > way I heard it told.
        >

        > --- In terroronchurchstreet@yahoogroups.com, Suzanne LaBatt
        > <gypsyzuzu@> wrote:
        > >
        > > From what I understood, TOCS began in Spain, and they loaded up all
        > the sets and gimmicks and took it to the land of the free- Orlando.
        > When I was at Terror (92-93), they had a whole group go to Japan to
        > try and open up a Terror there. So, I actually think if they could
        > scare the snot of their own people (remember the Inquisition and the
        > Torture room, people?), then they could go GLOBAL BABEE!!!
        > >
        > > Ken Kupstis <kenkupstis@> wrote: That is a bit
        > weird...I'd go with the initial theory,
        > > that it was an English/American Market.
        > >
        > > The Pasaje De Terror in Blackpool...it's possible that
        > > the original Pasaje in Spain or wherever had a whole
        > > lot of pre-designed logos, artwork and merchandise,
        > > and it was just simpler or cheaper to use that stuff
        > > than starting for scratch with a new name and brand.
        > >
        > > K.K.
        > >
        > > FREAK OUT at the K.K. CORRAL!
        > > ROCK HER WORLD! A Man's Guide To Women, out NOW on www.Extasybooks.com
        > > CLOWNWHITE: A COMEDY OF HORRORS at www.AuthorHouse.com
        > > INHUMAN RESOURCES at www.Iuniverse.com
        > > Preview VOODOO HIGHWAY at www.angelfire.com/tv2/voodoohighway
        > > THIS WON'T HURT A BIT on Audio at www.CDbaby.com
        > >

        > > __________________________________________________________Ready for
        > the edge of your seat?
        > > Check out tonight's top picks on Yahoo! TV.
        > > http://tv.yahoo.com/
        > >

        > > ---------------------------------
        > > Boardwalk for $500? In 2007? Ha!
        > > Play Monopoly Here and Now (it's updated for today's economy) at
        > Yahoo! Games.

      • Suzanne LaBatt
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 6, 2007
          And the final word flung from the sky to put a a stop to the nonsense.  When one of the Legends Del Terror speaks, you must all OBEY!!!!!

          Taco flavored kisses,
          S.

          <seniorloco2001@ ...> wrote:

          > In working for Orlando Ghost Tours,I've heard alot of local stories
          > and talked to alot of people...and this is what I heard...The people
          > who owned the Terror in Orlando had gone on a trip to Spain and
          > experienced the Original Passages of Terror, and they inquired about
          > getting the license for a franchise location in the USA. And they got
          > it,but were permitted to change the name in part.They felt Pasaje Del
          > Terror wouldn't be right in Orlando,and since it was to be located on
          > Church Street to call it "Terror"on Church Street. Anyway,thats the
          > way I heard it told.
          >

          > --- In terroronchurchstree t@yahoogroups. com, Suzanne LaBatt
          > <gypsyzuzu@> wrote:
          > >
          > > From what I understood, TOCS began in Spain, and they loaded up all
          > the sets and gimmicks and took it to the land of the free- Orlando.
          > When I was at Terror (92-93), they had a whole group go to Japan to
          > try and open up a Terror there. So, I actually think if they could
          > scare the snot of their own people (remember the Inquisition and the
          > Torture room, people?), then they could go GLOBAL BABEE!!!
          > >
          > > Ken Kupstis <kenkupstis@ > wrote: That is a bit
          > weird...I'd go with the initial theory,
          > > that it was an English/American Market.
          > >
          > > The Pasaje De Terror in Blackpool... it's possible that
          > > the original Pasaje in Spain or wherever had a whole
          > > lot of pre-designed logos, artwork and merchandise,
          > > and it was just simpler or cheaper to use that stuff
          > > than starting for scratch with a new name and brand.
          > >
          > > K.K.
          > >
          > > FREAK OUT at the K.K. CORRAL!
          > > ROCK HER WORLD! A Man's Guide To Women, out NOW on www.Extasybooks. com
          > > CLOWNWHITE: A COMEDY OF HORRORS at www.AuthorHouse. com
          > > INHUMAN RESOURCES at www.Iuniverse. com
          > > Preview VOODOO HIGHWAY at www.angelfire. com/tv2/voodoohi ghway
          > > THIS WON'T HURT A BIT on Audio at www.CDbaby.com

          > the edge of your seat?
          > > Check out tonight's top picks on Yahoo! TV.
          > > http://tv.yahoo. com/

          > > Boardwalk for $500? In 2007? Ha!
          > > Play Monopoly Here and Now (it's updated for today's economy) at
          > Yahoo! Games.

          It's here! Your new message!