Orlando Haunted Houses sink to new lows...

  • kenkupstis
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 27, 2006
      The problem with being a TOCS Alumnus is that 90% of all other
      Haunted Houses fall short by comparison. This Halloween,
      though, "Nights Of Terror" by RAW Productions sets a new standard for
      LAME.

      They've got 4 houses in The Mercado for $11 each. I say what the hell
      and take my GF to the first one: "The Seven Deadly Sins", 'cause
      it's "R Rated".

      "R Rated" means you're guided by a guy who swears a lot, mostly at
      you.
      The tour is seven 'death scenes' with mannequins mocked up to
      resemble the movie 'Seven'. No other actors, save the one poor guy
      your guide pretends to kill at the end. Only a masochistic artist
      would appreciate this place. No refunds, of course.

      Their next place "Chef Henri's Block De Butchers" is a closed
      restaurant now overrun by a cannibalistic staff. This place is a
      slight improvement over the "Seven" (anything would be) but you're in
      and out in 4 minutes. The performers do actually grab you
      here...somebody's gonna get hurt when the wrong drunk redneck buys a
      ticket.

      Their "Titanic: Ship Of Screams" is the Mercado's actual Titanic
      exhibit, only with a tour guide insisting everything's haunted.

      AVOID this place at all costs, except possibly for Chef Henri's.

      Damn, give me 7 or 8 of the old Terror Crew and we could've made a
      scarier place out of a convenience store.

      Best, KK
    • Alan Ostrander
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 28, 2006
        Hey Ken....

        Man, that sucks...maybe we just have to come back and spend some time in Orlando next Halloween!!

        Wish you were over here to see my Hong Kong show...it's really a blast this year.  I've six haunts, and they pretty much kick ass...plus several stage shows, stunt stuff...it's huge this year!!  Only lost about half a head of hair!!!  haha   check out the website at:  www.halloweenbash.com.hk  or there is bunches of video on YOUTUBE if you pull up Ocean Park Halloween.

        Just miss the old crew, though!!!  I brought in Becky (Norma Deadmond) from NJ as choreographer this year for a few weeks, and have Charlie (Squirrel) as my makeup lead here...but, that is about it from the old crowd.

        Will send pics when I get a chance.  In the final 4 day push now.  Hope everyone has an Awesome Halloween, and KEEP IN TOUCH  ....

        "...here...want a bite??"

        Alan E. Ostrander
        Owner/Artist
        AEO Studios - Theatrical Make-up/Effects/Design
        DnA Productions

        2200 Forsyth Rd. K20
        Orlando, FL 32807
        Ph/Fax: 407-677-8706 www.aeostudios.com

        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 31, 2006
          HAPPY HALLOwEEEEEN!
          yikes!! a haunted house where your threatned by trannies!!carrying
          ol´bucks dream even farther.the website is well done.

          --- In terroronchurchstreet@yahoogroups.com, "Alan Ostrander"
          <alan@...> wrote:

          > Hey Ken....
          >
          > Man, that sucks...maybe we just have to come back and spend some
          time in Orlando next Halloween!!

          > Wish you were over here to see my Hong Kong show...it's really a
          blast this year. I've six haunts, and they pretty much kick
          ass...plus several stage shows, stunt stuff...it's huge this year!!
          Only lost about half a head of hair!!! haha check out the website
          at: www.halloweenbash.com.hk or there is bunches of video on YOUTUBE
          if you pull up Ocean Park Halloween.

          > Just miss the old crew, though!!! I brought in Becky (Norma
          Deadmond) from NJ as choreographer this year for a few weeks, and have
          Charlie (Squirrel) as my makeup lead here...but, that is about it from
          the old crowd.

          > Will send pics when I get a chance. In the final 4 day push now.
          Hope everyone has an Awesome Halloween, and KEEP IN TOUCH ....

          > "...here...want a bite??"
          >
          > Alan E. Ostrander
          > Owner/Artist
          > AEO Studios - Theatrical Make-up/Effects/Design
          > DnA Productions
          >
          > 2200 Forsyth Rd. K20
          > Orlando, FL 32807
          > Ph/Fax: 407-677-8706 www.aeostudios.com

        • Michael Gavin
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 3, 2006
            Funny that "Chef Henri's" would be a possible thrill. . . Jim (aka Crawly) and I (aka Buckshot) landed there after being "pulled" as roaming characters (they apparently felt only 6 were needed after hiring 14 or so). . .not the best quality haunt, but the feel of Terror was there as we all bonded as a cast and kicked ass over the other (alleged) haunts in the venue. . .It WAS a fun and well paid gig, but definately not Terror on Church Street (insert loud sigh). . .

            In other news, Skull Kingdom officially bit the dust this month. . .the decaying building is slated for the wrecking ball soon (as soon as I hear details on auctioning of items (a lot of old TOCS pieces ended up there), I'll try to post them

            Hope everyone had a frightfully fun Halloween!

            Gavin

          • Andy Ussach
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 27, 2006
              Thank god! My friends and I actually went to skull Kingdom on
              Halloween. Talk about lame! I think they had maybe 5 or 6 employees
              working in the rooms. I remember the good old Halloween days at
              Terror, with the huge street parties, and lines going around the
              corner. We walked right into Skull Kingdom without any wait.
              Skull Kingdom....see ya!

              Andy

              BTW, never trust a haunted attraction that says no refunds for any
              reason when you walk in.

              --- In terroronchurchstreet@yahoogroups.com, Michael Gavin
              <ghostlygavin@...> wrote:

              > Funny that "Chef Henri's" would be a possible thrill. . . Jim (aka
              Crawly) and I (aka Buckshot) landed there after being "pulled" as
              roaming characters (they apparently felt only 6 were needed after
              hiring 14 or so). . .not the best quality haunt, but the feel of
              Terror was there as we all bonded as a cast and kicked ass over the
              other (alleged) haunts in the venue. . .It WAS a fun and well paid
              gig, but definately not Terror on Church Street (insert loud sigh). . .

              > In other news, Skull Kingdom officially bit the dust this month. .
              .the decaying building is slated for the wrecking ball soon (as soon
              as I hear details on auctioning of items (a lot of old TOCS pieces
              ended up there), I'll try to post them

              > Hope everyone had a frightfully fun Halloween!
              >
              > Gavin
              >

              > ---------------------------------
              > Low, Low, Low Rates! Check out Yahoo! Messenger's cheap PC-to-Phone
              call rates.

            • Andy Ussach
              Message 6 of 6 , Nov 27, 2006
                Thank god! My friends and I went to Skull Kingdom on Halloween. Talk
                about lame! I think they only had 5 or 6 employees working in all of
                the rooms. I miss the good old days with Terror Halloween street
                parties, and lines around the corner. We walked right into Skull
                Kingdom with no wait.
                Skull Kingdom....see ya!

                Andy

                BTW, be warry of any attraction that warns of no refunds for any
                reason at the front door.