Re: [terroronchurchstreet] Digest Number 37

  • Ken Kupstis
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 2, 2005
      Good on ya! Personally, next year I'm VOLUNTEERING to work on New Year's Eve.
      Huge $$$, no traffic jams, no need to spend hundreds to get righteously sloshed.

      Vegas has this cool scheme of charging people to get into a club, then cranking the drink prices from hell to the unknown. This time I went to Fremont Street with my girlfriend and her daughter...$35 per person to get in, but you got a free noisemaker, got to see Little River Band and Morris Day and the Time ('OHeeOHeeOH, girl I got ta know ya'). It was actually the cheapest thing in town, and pretty fun...unfortunately my girlfriend's daughter put a bit of a damper on things by keeping us out of the 21+ clubs, and acting like an er, twelve -year-old.
      ("Heather, stop it."..."Heather! Stop it!"..."HEATHER, I SAID, STOP IT!!!" Why do kids need to be told things three times? Is it for good luck, or something?)
      I may have to put my No Single Moms policy back into effect...

      I hope everyone else's was happy and safe...best wishes for 2005...
      KK

      terroronchurchstreet@yahoogroups.com wrote:

      There is 1 message in this issue.

      Topics in this digest:

      1. New year
      From: "Lon Madnight"

      Message: 1
      Date: Sat, 01 Jan 2005 00:24:29 -0000
      From: "Lon Madnight"
      Subject: New year

      This will be the first New Years in about a decade I haven't spent at
      work.

      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      http://mail.yahoo.com

    • Kim Donovan
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 3, 2005
        -Well, while mine wasn't the most eventful, since I decided at
        11:15pm that I didnt' want to sit home with the cats, I went over to
        Willie's bar which is by my apartment. They wanted a $20 cover, but
        let it slide and I got in free. Then I got my complimentary glass of
        wine, then stuck in $5 in the video poker machine, and got a 2nd free
        glass because of that (although, guess it evens out), and then they
        handed out free champagne at midnight, so it was about the cheapest
        new year's I've had going out. Would have liked to have spent it
        with Freddie, but he got invited to his friend's club and said he
        wasn't allowed to invite anyone. Weird. Why wouldn't his friend
        assume he might want to invite a date...hmmm. He officially got
        dumped by voicemail around 2:30am. (followed of course by the
        obligatory mile long e-mail outlining each and every thing he had
        done to piss me off over the last four months) :)

        -- In terroronchurchstreet@yahoogroups.com, Ken Kupstis
        <kenkupstis@y...> wrote:
        > Good on ya! Personally, next year I'm VOLUNTEERING to work on New
        Year's Eve.
        > Huge $$$, no traffic jams, no need to spend hundreds to get
        righteously sloshed.

        > Vegas has this cool scheme of charging people to get into a club,
        then cranking the drink prices from hell to the unknown. This time I
        went to Fremont Street with my girlfriend and her daughter...$35 per
        person to get in, but you got a free noisemaker, got to see Little
        River Band and Morris Day and the Time ('OHeeOHeeOH, girl I got ta
        know ya'). It was actually the cheapest thing in town, and pretty
        fun...unfortunately my girlfriend's daughter put a bit of a damper on
        things by keeping us out of the 21+ clubs, and acting like an er,
        twelve -year-old.
        > ("Heather, stop it."..."Heather! Stop it!"..."HEATHER, I SAID, STOP
        IT!!!" Why do kids need to be told things three times? Is it for good
        luck, or something?)
        > I may have to put my No Single Moms policy back into effect...
        >
        > I hope everyone else's was happy and safe...best wishes for 2005...
        >
        > KK
        >
        > terroronchurchstreet@yahoogroups.com wrote:
        >
        > There is 1 message in this issue.
        >
        > Topics in this digest:
        >
        > 1. New year
        > From: "Lon Madnight"

        __

        __

        > Message: 1
        > Date: Sat, 01 Jan 2005 00:24:29 -0000
        > From: "Lon Madnight"
        > Subject: New year
        >

        > This will be the first New Years in about a decade I haven't spent
        at
        > work.

        __

        > http://mail.yahoo.com
      • Samuel Waters
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 3, 2005
          Vegan,

          No cover... comp. champagne... and a winning poker machine? Say you
          had extremely good luck as the year passed into the next! Sorry about
          the whole dumping process and obligatory e-mail (not many people even
          know how to spell obligatory... KUDOS), but hope you're doing well!

          "Spooky" Sam

          >>> veganchicky@... 1/3/2005 11:51:13 AM >>>

          <kenkupstis@y...> wrote:
          > Good on ya! Personally, next year I'm VOLUNTEERING to work on New
          Year's Eve.
          > Huge $$$, no traffic jams, no need to spend hundreds to get
          righteously sloshed.

          > Vegas has this cool scheme of charging people to get into a club,
          then cranking the drink prices from hell to the unknown. This time I
          went to Fremont Street with my girlfriend and her daughter...$35 per
          person to get in, but you got a free noisemaker, got to see Little
          River Band and Morris Day and the Time ('OHeeOHeeOH, girl I got ta
          know ya'). It was actually the cheapest thing in town, and pretty
          fun...unfortunately my girlfriend's daughter put a bit of a damper on
          things by keeping us out of the 21+ clubs, and acting like an er,
          twelve -year-old.
          > ("Heather, stop it."..."Heather! Stop it!"..."HEATHER, I SAID, STOP
          IT!!!" Why do kids need to be told things three times? Is it for good
          luck, or something?)
          > I may have to put my No Single Moms policy back into effect...
          >
          > I hope everyone else's was happy and safe...best wishes for 2005...
          >
          > KK
          >
          > terroronchurchstreet@yahoogroups.com wrote:
          >
          > There is 1 message in this issue.
          >
          > Topics in this digest:
          >
          > 1. New year
          > From: "Lon Madnight"

          __

          __

          > Message: 1
          > Date: Sat, 01 Jan 2005 00:24:29 -0000
          > From: "Lon Madnight"
          > Subject: New year
          >

          > This will be the first New Years in about a decade I haven't spent
          at
          > work.

          __

          To visit your group on the web, go to: