FW: [FILM-PHILOSOPHY] Tree of Life

  • michaelP
    Message 1 of 1 , May 11, 2012
      Hi folks, just thought I'd forward the below concerning Malick's Tree of
      Life (from the film philosophy group I also subscribe to). Hopefully it
      might interest some on this group.

      regards

      michael pennamacoor

      <mailto:faithandreason@...> no later than 30 June
      > 2012, and should include title, author(s), institutional affiliation
      > (if any), mailing address, email address, and the text of proposal.
      > The seminar organizers will send acceptances by 6 July 2012.
      >
      > The seminar and its associated public events are part of a series of
      > jointly-sponsored programs focused on “Faith, Reason and Popular
      > Culture.” The conviction behind these programs is that if Christian
      > institutions of higher learning are to respond properly to their
      > charge to be places where faith seeks understanding, then they must
      > engage contemporary popular culture. Film is among the most powerful
      > and important forms of popular culture. Thus, the seminar organizers
      > seek scholars who will engage in two days of discussion investigating
      > issues of faith and philosophical import raised by contemporary
      > popular film. Presenters need not have any formal academic
      > appointment.
      >
      > For further information please contact Margaret Rankin, Program
      > Coordinator, Gonzaga University Faith and Reason Institute at
      > faithandreason@... <mailto:faithandreason@...> or Dr. Brian
      Clayton, Director, Gonzaga
      <mailto:clayton@...> .

      > -- To manage your subscription or unsubscribe from the Film-Philosophy
      > list, please visit: http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/film-philosophy.html --
      Film-Philosophy Journal: http://www.film-philosophy.com/ Film-Philosophy
      Conference (London 12 - 14 September 2012):
      http://www.film-philosophy.com/conference/ --