Exclusive: Ben Affleck, Rachel Weisz Join Terrence Malick's Next Movie

  • unvoyou
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 12, 2010
      Oscar winners Ben Affleck and Rachel Weisz have joined the cast of Terrence Malick's next movie, individuals familiar with the project have told TheWrap.

      The project was announced at the Berlin Film Festival, where it was described as a "romantic drama" and a "powerful and moving love story."

      Christian Bale, Javier Bardem, Rachel McAdams and Olga Kurylenko were announced as the initial cast members, but it seems that Affleck will be replacing Bale in the picture.

      Production is scheduled to begin the first week of October in Oklahoma.

      http://www.thewrap.com/movies/column-post/exclusive-ben-affleck-rachel-weisz-join-terrence-malicks-next-movie-20072
    • Bilge Ebiri
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 12, 2010

        > Production is scheduled to begin the first week of October in Oklahoma.

        That's the oddest bit in that item. Does this mean he expects to be done
        with TREE OF LIFE by that point?
      • unvoyou
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 13, 2010
          It makes me a little more optimistic about the November release date that we've been hearing for so long.

          I think that if it was in a finished enough condition to show to the MPAA, it's probably pretty close. My guess is that it's the special effects work that is holding things up. Who knows. Anyway, the script has me excited either way.

          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 13, 2010
            And take it for what it's worth, but Tree of Life is now listed as "completed" on IMDb. They've also finally got Pitt's character listed correctly.

            http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0478304/

            --- In terrencemalick@yahoogroups.com, "Bilge Ebiri" <ebiri@...> wrote:

            > > Production is scheduled to begin the first week of October in Oklahoma.
            > >

            > That's the oddest bit in that item. Does this mean he expects to be done
            > with TREE OF LIFE by that point?

          • Dave Guzman
            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 13, 2010
              The film's officially set for a Dec 26 release in Australia...

              I was a bit worried about the screenplay. *Spoiler* Particularly, that
              'rapture' moment at the end, where the dead are reborn and make their way to
              heaven or something... I know Malick is a strong Christian but in anyone
              else's hands this would have been laughed at. That said, I trust Malick to
              pull this off.

              --
              daveguzman.blogspot.com
              daveguzman.wordpress.com

            • unvoyou
              Message 6 of 6 , Aug 14, 2010
                Yeah, the dailies for that scene looked really good. I'm not worried.