pictures of malick

  • Dave Guzman
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 4, 2010
    • vanvutu
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 6, 2010
        Thanks for sharing that. What really interested was the related story at the end on the cover for the forthcoming Criterion release of THE THIN RED LINE. Very beautiful. I never liked the original poster for the film or the cover of the Fox DVD, but the Criterion one is both poetic and elegant.

        --- In terrencemalick@yahoogroups.com, Dave Guzman <dave.mg@...> wrote:

        > http://criterioncast.com/2010/06/16/terrence-malicks-tree-of-life-may-not-be-ready-for-venice-film-festival-brad-pitt-and-malick-spotted-in-la/

      • Dave Guzman
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 11, 2010
          There seems to be a different cover shown in this article:
          http://au.bluray.ign.com/articles/110/1105001p1.html

          I prefer the one above (though it obviously used photoshop to add the
          explosions...). Gives a better sense of the landscape at the heart of the
          film.

          On Wed, Jul 7, 2010 at 4:39 PM, vanvutu <vanvutu@...> wrote:

          > Thanks for sharing that. What really interested was the related story at
          > the end on the cover for the forthcoming Criterion release of THE THIN RED
          > LINE. Very beautiful. I never liked the original poster for the film or the
          > cover of the Fox DVD, but the Criterion one is both poetic and elegant.
          >

          > --- In terrencemalick@yahoogroups.com <terrencemalick%40yahoogroups.com>,
          > Dave Guzman <dave.mg@...> wrote:
          > >

          > http://criterioncast.com/2010/06/16/terrence-malicks-tree-of-life-may-not-be-ready-for-venice-film-festival-brad-pitt-and-malick-spotted-in-la/

          daveguzman.blogspot.com
          daveguzman.wordpress.com

        • vanvutu
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 12, 2010
            Yeah, I just went to the Criterion website, and the cover there is the same one in the article. I love this one, too, but the now-abandoned cover with Witt was amazing.