Re: 45-min 65mm IMAX film called "Voyage of Time" part of "Tree of Life"?

  • j.meismer
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 10, 2008
      Some more info:

      Currently Nigel is working on 2 major projects with legendary film
      director, Terrence Malick. As well as producing an extensive natural
      history segment for Malick's latest feature film, The Tree of Life
      starring Brad Pitt and Sean Penn, they are making an Imax film
      entitled The Voyage of Time. Both are due to release at the end of 2009.

      http://www.wildscreenfestival.org/index.php?pageid=269&parentid=265

      --- In terrencemalick@yahoogroups.com, "tomlowelion" <tomlowelion@...>
      wrote:

      > I am trying to confirm this, but I think it might be for real. Here is
      > the rumor..... word for word...
      >
      > "There will be an accompanying 45 min 65mm IMAX film called Voyage of
      > Time that will be released separately but also cut into Tree of Life. I
      > didnt quite get those specifics as I was too involved in hearing about
      > Chivo from my camera friend and Terrence from my editorial friend. So
      > not sure if they shot the 65mm stuff simultaneously or if its a new
      > project (and if so will Chivo shoot it) but I plan on finding out after
      > i get a beer with them this coming week."

    • tomlowelion
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 26, 2008
        This should be HUGE news. Terrence Malick shooting an IMAX movie???
        Why hasn't the entertainment media picked up this story yet?

        --- In terrencemalick@yahoogroups.com, "j.meismer" <j.meismer@...>
        wrote:

        > Some more info:
        >
        > Currently Nigel is working on 2 major projects with legendary film
        > director, Terrence Malick. As well as producing an extensive natural
        > history segment for Malick's latest feature film, The Tree of Life
        > starring Brad Pitt and Sean Penn, they are making an Imax film
        > entitled The Voyage of Time. Both are due to release at the end of
        2009.

        > http://www.wildscreenfestival.org/index.php?pageid=269&parentid=265
        >

        > --- In terrencemalick@yahoogroups.com, "tomlowelion" <tomlowelion@>
        > wrote:
        > >
        > > I am trying to confirm this, but I think it might be for real.
        Here is
        > > the rumor..... word for word...
        > >
        > > "There will be an accompanying 45 min 65mm IMAX film called
        Voyage of
        > > Time that will be released separately but also cut into Tree of
        Life. I
        > > didnt quite get those specifics as I was too involved in hearing
        about
        > > Chivo from my camera friend and Terrence from my editorial
        friend. So
        > > not sure if they shot the 65mm stuff simultaneously or if its a
        new
        > > project (and if so will Chivo shoot it) but I plan on finding out
        after
        > > i get a beer with them this coming week."

      • Paul Maher Jr.
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 2, 2010