Malick NY Times Article

  • david marin-guzman
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 5, 2005
      Hey all,
      The Times has a 'Malick the Enigma' piece up
      (http://www.nytimes.com/2005/11/06/movies/moviesspecial/06jame.html) with
      the usual talk about his secrecy and genius. A few gems came out though:

      * Apparently there will be two voiceovers in 'The New World', starting with
      John Smith's and ending with Pocahontas'
      * I like Malick's description of Pocahontas to New Line President, Russell
      Schwartz: 'This is our original mother.'
      * I'm scared of this talk of Malick having stockpiles of unmade scripts and
      stories that he's created over the years and that he hasn't even made the
      projects most important to him. Malick's getting older and by every means
      old! Where's he going to find the time?! Perhaps we might get another
      posthumous film ala Spielberg/Kubrick's A.I...

      Dave
    • mhb5133
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 5, 2005
        Geez Dave, you've got the poor guy dead and in the grave. Give him a break.
        He's doing OK. Thanks for the heads up on the article though.

        Oscar

        > The Times has a 'Malick the Enigma' piece up
        > (http://www.nytimes.com/2005/11/06/movies/moviesspecial/06jame.html) with
        > the usual talk about his secrecy and genius. A few gems came out though:
        >
        > * Apparently there will be two voiceovers in 'The New World', starting
        > with
        > John Smith's and ending with Pocahontas'
        > * I like Malick's description of Pocahontas to New Line President, Russell
        > Schwartz: 'This is our original mother.'
        > * I'm scared of this talk of Malick having stockpiles of unmade scripts
        > and
        > stories that he's created over the years and that he hasn't even made the
        > projects most important to him. Malick's getting older and by every means
        > old! Where's he going to find the time?! Perhaps we might get another
        > posthumous film ala Spielberg/Kubrick's A.I...
        >
        > Dave
        >

        > Community email addresses:
        > Post message: terrencemalick@yahoogroups.com
        > Subscribe: terrencemalick-subscribe@yahoogroups.com