Off-Topic: About new member

  • Marianne Darrow
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 3, 2005
      Hey everyone, I just joined the group, and was asked by the moderator to send out an e-mail letting everyone know about myself. I'll keep it brief. I'm a senior at UC Berkeley and I'm studying comparative religion. I've had an abiding interest in Malick ever since I saw the Thin Red Line about five years ago. It deeply moved me. In fact, I don't think I've ever watched it without weeping. Badlands and Days of Heaven are great movies, but I joined the group primarily because I thought it would be great to hear other people talk about the thin red line. And you guys do have quite an extensive archive, so I have plenty to read. Anyway, thanks for plodding through this e-mail.
      -mike-

    • Angela Havel
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 5, 2005
        Mike:

        Hi from another group member--didn't want you to think
        no one was out here! There hasn't been a lot of new
        posts to the discussion in the last year or two.
        I'm hoping the release of Malick's new film next month
        will revive the board. I certainly plan to post my
        review as soon as I see *The New World.*

        Angela

        PS: *Days of Heaven* is my favorite Malick film.

        http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/U4IolB/TM

        > Shortcut URL to this page:
        > Yahoo! Groups Links

        __________________________________
        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • queenmag (hafidha on yahoo)
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 9, 2005
          Hii, Mike
          Welcome to the list. Yes, the archives are a wealth of information! I miss
          the old days of long involved discussions, but something tells me we'll have
          much to say about The New World.

          I am disappointed at what appears to be a pushing-out of the release date.
          Instead of November, we'll have to wait till Christmas Day or 16 de January
          to see it. But apparently it wasn't "finished" yet.

          More waiting!!!!

          I can hardly stand it. Maybe on the day that The New World was *supposed* to
          come out, I will celebrate by watching TTRL again. I haven't watched it in
          its entirety in probably two years.

          -hafidha
          aka queenmag
          lareinacobre.blogspot.com