Re: [terrencemalick] A newbie here!

  • Angela Havel
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 1, 2004
      Hi Wes:

      I'd like to know more about what you do. Is being a publicist to Wes a full time job?

      This board has been fairly quiet over the past year, but I hope Malick's new project will bring us all together again. I fondly remember all the discussions I've had here as well as the Malick friends I made here.

      By the way, if Adrian is out there, did your book on Malick get published? I want to buy a copy!

      Angela Havel

      Carter Ard <jcha3@...> wrote:
      I work with Wes Studi as his publicist/liaison and we are both excited that
      Malick has selected Wes to be in "The New World". Wes has starred in "Last
      of the Mohicans", "Dances With Wolves" and "Geronimo" to name but a few of
      his countless roles. I look forward to meeting ya'll and getting the latest
      scoop on the movie!

      Carter

      Community email addresses:
      Post message: terrencemalick@yahoogroups.com
      Subscribe: terrencemalick-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

      Shortcut URL to this page:
      Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Carter Ard
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 1, 2004
        "I'd like to know more about what you do. Is being a publicist to Wes a full
        time job?"

        No, it's more a labor of love. :-) Wes is an incredible actor but because
        he is Native American he typically has to wait for a movie involving NAs
        before he can display his talent! He has had roles in which his race was
        not in the forefront ...I just wish he had more. So I work in my spare time
        to arrange interviews with the press and gatherings with his fans.

        Thanks for the welcome!

        If you'd like to visit our sites:
        www.thestudigroup.com
        www.friendsofwesstudi.com

        Regards,
        Carter

        > I'd like to know more about what you do. Is being a publicist to Wes a
        > full time job?
        >
        > This board has been fairly quiet over the past year, but I hope Malick's
        > new project will bring us all together again. I fondly remember all the
        > discussions I've had here as well as the Malick friends I made here.
        >
        > By the way, if Adrian is out there, did your book on Malick get
        > published? I want to buy a copy!
        >
        > Angela Havel
        >
        > Carter Ard <jcha3@...> wrote:
        > I work with Wes Studi as his publicist/liaison and we are both excited
        > that
        > Malick has selected Wes to be in "The New World". Wes has starred in "Last
        > of the Mohicans", "Dances With Wolves" and "Geronimo" to name but a few of
        > his countless roles. I look forward to meeting ya'll and getting the
        > latest
        > scoop on the movie!
        >
        > Carter
        >

        > Community email addresses:
        > Post message: terrencemalick@yahoogroups.com
        > Subscribe: terrencemalick-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
        >
        > Shortcut URL to this page:
        > Yahoo! Groups Links

        > Community email addresses:
        > Post message: terrencemalick@yahoogroups.com
        > Subscribe: terrencemalick-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
        >
        > Shortcut URL to this page:
        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • William Boodell
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 1, 2004
          Carter,
          How terrific. I'm a Wes Studi fan, mostly from his
          work with Michael Mann, particularly HEAT. I am so
          happy that he's working with Malick. Does Mr. Studi
          live in Los Angeles?

          Best,
          Bill

          =====
          Check out http://www.picklepizza.com/gallery/

          "A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both."
          - Dwight D. Eisenhower

          "Sorry don�t get it done, Dude."
          - John T. Chance to Dude in RIO BRAVO

          Bill's Interesting Factoids!!

          -It is against the law to remove your shoes if your feet smell bad while you're in a theater in Winnetka, Illinois.

          -Chicago, Illinois, was nicknamed the "Windy City" because of the excessive local bragging that accompanied the Columbian Exhibition of 1893.Chicago has actually been rated as only the 16th breeziest city in America.

          http://messenger.yahoo.com/