AW: [terrencemalick] the stars of the thin red line

  • Carsten Kurpanek
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 1 12:50 AM
      >I expect great things out of
      >Jim Caviezel. If only he would take great roles.

      Well, he took the part for Jesus Christ in Mel Gibson's 3rd film as a
      director "The Passion". That's what I call a "great role". I don't know
      whether this film is going to be a disaster (it is already in
      pre-production and has no release date yet and was filmed in Latin,
      Aramaic and Hebrew!!!) but it will surely trigger off lots of headlines.
      Jesus-films always do.

      X Carsten.

      -----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
      Von:
      sentto-407892-4566-1049154547-Q-Panic=web.de@...
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 1 9:24 AM
        --- In terrencemalick@yahoogroups.com, "Carsten Kurpanek" <Q-
        Panic@w...> wrote:

        > Well, he took the part for Jesus Christ in Mel Gibson's 3rd film as
        > director "The Passion". That's what I call a "great role". I don't
        know
        > whether this film is going to be a disaster (it is already in
        > pre-production and has no release date yet and was filmed in Latin,
        > Aramaic and Hebrew!!!) but it will surely trigger off lots of
        headlines.
        > Jesus-films always do.

        Don't know. As you mention, it has not been released. Caviezel was a
        revelation in The Thin Red Line, and I don't think he's been that
        good in any movie since.

        Reading Nick Nolte's interview where he says the actors on The Thin
        Red Line felt discombobulated because Malick would start scenes and
        not finish them, I'm quite impressed at how good the actors'
        performances ended up. Either discombobulation is a very effective
        tactic, or those are some heroic editors working on the film! Or both.

        Nick Stahl is another up-and-coming actor who was in TTRL. Like
        Adrien Brody, he's been in quite a few indie films. Now that he's
        been in In the Bedroom and replaced Ed Furlong in Terminator 3, he
        could have a shot at stardom.

        Go Miranda Otto!
        Christina