floating point numbers and transcendental functions

  • kurtkurtus
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 1, 2002
      Hi,

      I was thinking of purchasing your evaluation package. I have an
      application that requires the use of floating point numbers, and
      transcendental functions like e^(x) etc.... does the C development
      software support these?

      thanks!

      -Kurt
    • tern_inc
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 2, 2002
        --- In tern@y..., "kurtkurtus" <kbruck@m...> wrote:
        > Hi,
        >
        > I was thinking of purchasing your evaluation package. I have an
        > application that requires the use of floating point numbers, and
        > transcendental functions like e^(x) etc.... does the C development
        > software support these?
        >
        > thanks!
        >
        > -Kurt

        Kurt,

        Yes, the Paradigm C++ software development environment provided as
        part of the EV-P and DV-P provides the usual range of floating point
        libraries... including the exponential function exp().

        On TERN controllers based on the AMD188/186ES, Intel 386, and NEC
        V25... floating point calculations are implemented via software
        emulation. If performance is an issue, the 586-Engine is the only
        TERN controller with an on-board floating point coprocessor.