RE: [Tenor Guitar Registry] Hi from, Mike. SOARES'Y GUITARS.

  • Doc Bagley
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 1, 2004
      Mike,

      I'm new to the group and was wondering what the order is that you are refering to.
      Also, I have just acquired a tenor guitar - Kalamazoo late 30's version KTG-22 and have been tuning
      it like a 5-string banjo D-G-B-D and would like to try some other tunings and get some chord charts.
      Any recommendations?

      Doc

      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 1, 2004
        RE: [Tenor Guitar Registry] Hi from, Mike. SOARES'Y GUITAR
        Doc,

        Mike orders batches of instruments in various configurations and offers them for sale to TGR members particularly those who have placed orders previously.  Re tunings, have a look at the resources for playing four/five/six stringed instruments at Jim Bottorf's great web site.  It covers all the major tunings for four/five/six strings and provides accompaniment chord charts.  It also has the chords for many of the pre-WWII tunes in jazz and popular music that are commonly played on banjos and tenor guitars with their MIDI files so you can hear them being played and strum along with them.  Here are the web site references: http://www.jbott.com + http://www.jbott.com/chords.html

        Cheers,

        Steve

[...]

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Mike Soares
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 2, 2004
          Hi from, Mike. Thank you Steve.
          Thank you Doc.
          The best thing I could say about tuning would be to start with what
          you know. If you play Banjo now start with banjo tuning then look at
          other types. If you are not a player and just starting out I would go
          with regular tenor tuning C G D A. As to my line we make mostly tenor
          guitars and some odd ball stuff like mandocellos, and octave
          mandolins. The guitars are nothing fancy. Just a nice mid line
          player. They start at $200.00 and run up to about $350.00. If you
          would like to have a look at some of them, Go to -
          http://users.bestweb.net/~soaresy/ - Or - http://soaresyguitars.com/ -
          I keep updating the states of the order as since 9/11 the orders are
          tacking longer and longer to get. Last year the October order did
          not come till January.
          Thank you, Mike.

          C--- In tenorguitarregistry@yahoogroups.com, Steven Pyott
          <spyott@b...> wrote:
          > Doc,
          >
          > Mike orders batches of instruments in various configurations and
          > offers them for sale to TGR members particularly those who have
          > placed orders previously. Re tunings, have a look at the resources
          > for playing four/five/six stringed instruments at Jim Bottorf's
          great
          > web site. It covers all the major tunings for four/five/six
          strings
          > and provides accompaniment chord charts. It also has the chords
          for
          > many of the pre-WWII tunes in jazz and popular music that are
          > commonly played on banjos and tenor guitars with their MIDI files
          so
          > you can hear them being played and strum along with them. Here are
          > the web site references: http://www.jbott.com +
          > http://www.jbott.com/chords.html
          >
          > Cheers,
          >
          > Steve
          >
          > >Mike,
          > >
          > >I'm new to the group and was wondering what the order is that you
          > >are refering to.
          > >Also, I have just acquired a tenor guitar - Kalamazoo late 30's
          > >version KTG-22 and have been tuning
          > >it like a 5-string banjo D-G-B-D and would like to try some other
          > >tunings and get some chord charts.
          > >Any recommendations?
          > >
          > >Doc

          76/D=grplch/S=1705032047:HM/EXP=1099421894/A=2372354/R=0/SIG=12id813k2
          /*https://www.orchardbank.com/hcs/hcsapplication?
          pf=PLApply&media=EMYHNL40F21004SS>

          > >Yahoo! Groups Links

          oo.com/group/tenorguitarregistry/

        • A1Chef
          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 2, 2004
            Message
            Mike,

            I would be interested in learning more about the
            LF4E. Cost?,,,,Can it be ordered in Blonde, Black,
            or White?  Is a vibrato tailpiece available? Is it
            suitable for the standard guitar tuning [D-G-B-E]?
            Is a hard shell case available? Do ya think I'd look
            pretty playin' it? :-)

            I have an Ovation Celebrity model which I had cut
            down to a tenor neck by Luthier Augustino LoPrinzi:
            Probably the only Ovation Tenor in existence, and I plan
            to sell it on eBay very soon. When it is gone I want to
            replace it with something like the LF4E or "The Perfect
            Instrument" which I'll tell you guys about in a later post.

            Thanks for puttin' up with me...I'm enjoying the group
            very much.

            Message 5 of 7 , Nov 2, 2004
              Hi Mike. If I recall correctly, you had mentioned a while ago that some of the new models would come in a darker color (perhaps black) and without the reddish tones. Are any of those going to be available? I am interested in an 8 string archtop O hole.

              Doghouse Paul
              SoCal
              email working at long last . . .
            • Mike Soares
              Message 6 of 7 , Nov 2, 2004
                Hi from, Mike.
                Thank you. On the LF4E - We do make it in a 23" as well as a 26" The
                26" would be better for guitar tuning. But the 23" can also be tuned
                this way. I think I have 1 left in the shop in the amber burst in a
                23" and should have some 26" ones coming in on the next order. We can
                order them in different finishes and woods. But it would take about 9
                months to get one. I should have some metallic blue ones coming on
                the next order as well as some amber burst ones. But we cannot
                promise this. We ordered some blue ones on the last order but
                metallic blue was translated into Matt black. Sorry no vibrato at
                this time. I can also order you one without a finish or fittings as
                well. But the bottom line on the guitars will be $200.00 without a
                pickup and $250.00 with. Shipping in the US. is $35.00 double boxed.
                The 23" and 26" are the same price. The best thing that I can tell
                you is to send me an Email with your name and address and what you
                would like and I will save you in my wanted file. Once I receive an
                order I will Email all the customers in my file and offer the guitars
                out. The older ones receive first pick. I have about 60 guitars
                coming and about 1/2 or sold. This biggest problem is that we sell
                them faster then we can make them. The LF4 is my best seller. But the
                LO4FT is the best sounding. Send me an Email. Thank you, Mike.

                --- In tenorguitarregistry@yahoogroups.com, "A1Chef" <a1chef@t...>
                wrote:
                > Mike,
                >
                > I would be interested in learning more about the
                > LF4E. Cost?,,,,Can it be ordered in Blonde, Black,
                > or White? Is a vibrato tailpiece available? Is it
                > suitable for the standard guitar tuning [D-G-B-E]?
                > Is a hard shell case available? Do ya think I'd look
                > pretty playin' it? :-)
                >
                > I have an Ovation Celebrity model which I had cut
                > down to a tenor neck by Luthier Augustino LoPrinzi:
                > ( http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/rogluthier/indexclassic.html )
                > Probably the only Ovation Tenor in existence, and I plan
                > to sell it on eBay very soon. When it is gone I want to
                > replace it with something like the LF4E or "The Perfect
                > Instrument" which I'll tell you guys about in a later post.
                >
                > Thanks for puttin' up with me...I'm enjoying the group
                > very much.

                GUITARS.
              • Jan Lhotak
                Message 7 of 7 , Nov 3, 2004
                  Let us know when you put your custom Ovation up for sale. I was
                  working with the Ovation staff to build a custom tenor based on the USA
                  models, but the project just got too expensive to invest the bucks up
                  front.

                  I guess my only question is... how does your customized Celebrity
                  sound and play, and why are you considering selling it?

                  Jan

                  --- A1Chef <a1chef@...> wrote:

                  > Mike,
                  >
                  > I would be interested in learning more about the
                  > LF4E. Cost?,,,,Can it be ordered in Blonde, Black,
                  > or White? Is a vibrato tailpiece available? Is it
                  > suitable for the standard guitar tuning [D-G-B-E]?
                  > Is a hard shell case available? Do ya think I'd look
                  > pretty playin' it? :-)
                  >
                  > I have an Ovation Celebrity model which I had cut
                  > down to a tenor neck by Luthier Augustino LoPrinzi:
                  > ( http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/rogluthier/indexclassic.html )
                  > Probably the only Ovation Tenor in existence, and I plan
                  > to sell it on eBay very soon. When it is gone I want to
                  > replace it with something like the LF4E or "The Perfect
                  > Instrument" which I'll tell you guys about in a later post.
                  >
                  > Thanks for puttin' up with me...I'm enjoying the group
                  > very much.

                  Check out the new Yahoo! Front Page.
                  www.yahoo.com