Re: Slight problem with fixing Italian mode...

  • alatarielnoldo
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 13, 2009
      I think I might have also notice a slight quirk in the Quenya Mode of
      the TengScribe. I've recently been taking the keys to Helge Fauskanger's
      Quenya Course and using the TenScribe to transcribe the text into
      tengwar so that I can practice writing Quenya with tengwar.
      Everything seems to work fine concerning the diphthongs (so far, I am
      still working my way through them), until I came to the word "roitala" =
      pursuing. I would expect the tengwar to be Rómen followed by Yanta
      with the tehta for "o" over it as "oi" is a Quenya diphthong. Instead I
      get Rómen with the "o" tehta and the "i" tehta on a short vowel
      carrier. I've searched all over the internet to see if this is a special
      case in Quenya where the diphthong is not used but so far have not come
      across anything. Is this indeed a quirk in the Quenya mode of TengScribe
      or is it transcribing it correctly? I'd be interested to know. If it's
      not correct is there a way that I can fix this on my end for future
      uses?

      Thanks,
      Michelle

      --- In tengscribe@yahoogroups.com, Måns Björkman <at@...> wrote:

      > bgmanofid wrote:
      > >

      > > Oh... I tested your Quenya mode that came with TengScribe, and it
      > > appears to have the exact same problem... I guess the quirk of
      Quenya