Re: any help would be appreciated

  • sarah pearson
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 17, 2006
      HI thanks to everyone for your help, i have installed the fonts into
      my computer but still can't seem to get the tengscribe to work ( maybe
      i'm just really divvy!!) Thanks to David for the scans they will be
      really useful
      best wishes sarah
      --- In tengscribe@yahoogroups.com, "sarah pearson" <mumsuperduper@...>
      wrote:

      > HI all wondered if anyone can help me i have downloaded the tengwar
      > scribe and also tried online transcriber and for some reason when i
      > put my word in I just get a load of letters and numbers back in
      roman
      > font?? not sure if its my computer?? I just want the elvish word
      > ilterendi, if anyone can help me or let me know what i am doing
      wrong
      > i would really appreciate it cheers!!

    • Måns Björkman
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 17, 2006
        Sarah,

        To perform a transcription in TengScribe, click the Transcribe button in
        the far right of the topmost toolbar (or select Tengwar/Transcribe in
        the menu).

        If you don't see tengwar in the Target pane, you may have to select the
        contents of the Target pane and pick one of your installed Tengwar fonts
        in the font list (or by selecting Format/Font... in the menu).

        Hope this helps.

        Yours,
        Måns

        --
        Måns Björkman
        Störtloppsvägen 8, III · SE-129 46 Hägersten · Sweden
        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 18, 2006
          Hi
          thanks for the info, have done all this have all the fonts in etc..
          but when i press transcribe i just get a load of capital letters and
          numbers??? I am on windows xp so not sure if it is to with that??
          thanks sarah
          --- In tengscribe@yahoogroups.com, Måns Björkman <mansb@...> wrote:

          > Sarah,
          >
          > To perform a transcription in TengScribe, click the Transcribe
          button in
          > the far right of the topmost toolbar (or select Tengwar/Transcribe
          in
          > the menu).
          >
          > If you don't see tengwar in the Target pane, you may have to
          select the
          > contents of the Target pane and pick one of your installed Tengwar
          fonts
          > in the font list (or by selecting Format/Font... in the menu).
          >
          > Hope this helps.
          >
          > Yours,
          > Måns
          >

          > sarah pearson skrev:
          > > Hi David
          > > many thanks for your help, I have the fonts in my computer but
          > > somehow still can't get the program to work, but i really
          appreciate
          > > the attachments.. thanks for your time
          > > best wishes sarah
          > >

          > > --- In tengscribe@yahoogroups.com, Giraudeau David <davidkiks@>

        • Måns Björkman
          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 25, 2006
            wrote:

            > Hi
            > thanks for the info, have done all this have all the fonts in etc..
            > but when i press transcribe i just get a load of capital letters and
            > numbers??? I am on windows xp so not sure if it is to with that??
            > thanks sarah

            The program should work fine in Windows XP, so I don't think that's
            what causes the problem.

            The reason for strange output of seemingly random characters is
            usually that the text is not displayed with a Tengwar font. Are you
            absolutely sure that's not the case here? When you click on the "load
            of capital letters and numbers" that the program created, do you see
            the name of a Tengwar font in the font field (just above the source
            pane)? If you do, try selecting the text and switching to a different
            Tengwar font.

            Yours,
            Måns