[Telescopes] Primary Mirrors

  • Dennis Olsen
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 1, 1999
      Hi there! I have some questions about primarys;
      Is it more difficult to manufacture a 6" parabolic
      primary, than an 8" parabolic? If so, than it is then
      more difficult for the manufacturers to produce an
      8"mirror than an 6"mirror. So one can expect that the
      6"scopes are a little better optically than the 8"scopes
      because of this difference in manufacturing or?
      anyone knows?

      Olsen@...