Re: Siebert optics anybody use them??

  • Gary Mustain
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 1, 2001
      --- In telescopes@egroups.com, jkell@p... wrote:
      > He seems to have some good prices and good feedback on ebay. Also
      his
      > ad sounds like they have good view. Thanks JK

      I just recently bought his 7mm wa. The eye opening is huge when
      compared with a Celestron 6mm plossl. It is about the same size as a
      15mm! The eye relief is okay, but seems better than it is due to the
      wide opening. The best way to descibe the views is ortho-like. Very
      sharp, great color. The exterior appearance is very basic, well made
      but plain. Good value and excellent customer service!
      Clear Skies!
      Gary Mustain
    • darenwh@hotmail.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 26, 2001
        I have the 12.5mm 1 1/4" WA and it is a decent eyepiece for the
        money. I do not think I could have come near the performance for
        twice or even three times the money. Very wide angle with good
        correction to the edge and excellent contrast in my scope. It
        definately beats my 12.5mm plossl though this is an older B&L
        eyepiece. I use it in a CR150HD and like it alot. I have not gotten
        to use it with my 12.5" f 5.6 dob yet. I paid $35.00 on ebay.
        Daren