Welcome to the telescopes eGroup

  • pharrington@compuserve.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 21, 1999

      An eGroup devoted to the discussion of astronomical equipment, including telescopes, binoculars, eyepieces, books and star atlases, software, and more

      Group Manager: telescopes-owner@egroups.com

    • wiste@pi.be
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 21, 2001
        It is now 2 years ago that "our" group saw first-ligth!

        I want to felicitate everybody on a great job,
        and in especial the founders and moderators of this group.

        So, happy birthday and many happy returns.

        Wim Stemgée
        Belgium

        From: pharrington@c...
        Date: Sun Aug 22, 1999 12:12 am
        Subject: Welcome to the telescopes eGroup

        An eGroup devoted to the discussion of astronomical equipment,
        including telescopes, binoculars, eyepieces, books and star atlases,
        software, and more

        Group Manager: telescopes-owner@egroups.com

        go to the e-groups's home page at
        http://www.egroups.com/group/telescopes/
      • Chris Adamson
        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 21, 2001
          Wow, I am getting older fast. Two years sure went quick. What a great
          group this is, thanks especially to all you who post and those who read. It
          is an easy group to be a co-moderator for, great job on everyone being
          civil, polite, helpful, etc., etc. here is to the next couple years!

          Chris

          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 22, 2001
            wiste@... wrote:

            > It is now 2 years ago that "our" group saw first-ligth!
            >
            > I want to felicitate everybody on a great job,
            > and in especial the founders and moderators of this group.
            >
            > So, happy birthday and many happy returns.

            Thank you kindly, Wem! It hardly seems like two years, it's so much fun!
            Special thanks to Phil for making it possible, and to all of you for making it a
            friendly place to hang out.

            Geoff Gaherty
            Toronto Centre RASC
          • Phil Harrington
            Message 5 of 8 , Aug 22, 2001
              Hope we aren't entering the "terrible twos." :-)

              I started this group two years ago strictly as a way to get readers
              of Star Ware to interact with one another, hoping that by
              establishing a common forum, we could all learn from each other. And
              that's exactly what Talking Telescopes has proven to be, although I
              am sure that many members may not have even heard of the book from
              whence the book evolved.

              In any case, with everyone's continued contributions and cooperation,
              I am sure that TT will enjoy many productive years to come.

              Phil
              ---------------------
              Phil Harrington
              http://www.philharrington.net

              --- In telescopes@y..., Geoff Gaherty <ggaherty@h...> wrote:
              > wiste@p... wrote:
              > >
              > > It is now 2 years ago that "our" group saw first-ligth!
              > >
              > > I want to felicitate everybody on a great job,
              > > and in especial the founders and moderators of this group.
              > >
              > > So, happy birthday and many happy returns.
              >
              > Thank you kindly, Wem! It hardly seems like two years, it's so
              much fun!
              > Special thanks to Phil for making it possible, and to all of you
              for making it a
              > friendly place to hang out.
              >
              > Geoff Gaherty
              > Toronto Centre RASC
            • Harry Boswell
              Message 6 of 8 , Aug 22, 2001
                Message 7 of 8 , Aug 22, 2001
                  I'll even bet there's some who have never read the book too. I know I'id win
                  that bet!

                  The Babylon project was our last best hope
                  for Peace, it failed ... In the year of the Shadow
                  War it became something bigger ... Our
                  last best hope for Victory! The year is
                  2260 ... The Place is Babylon 5

                  www.starlords.org

                • tom_cmaj@hotmail.com
                  Message 8 of 8 , Aug 22, 2001
                    I'm just not sure that I want to be felicitated.

                    Regards, T.